HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2015, 04:19 PM   #5941
Supremacy Member

Hi All,

need some advice here.
I am using a starmex system 3 invertor system which is 12 yrs old and it seems to have broken down.
I called an aircon guy for cleaning as it was blowing normal air instead of cool air.
the aircon came down and said one of the parts in the compressor is spoilt and there is no replacement in whole of Singapore.
he say the part is in a bunch of 3 and 1 failed.

He says I cannot buy starmex again as the new system would not fit my current piping and only dalkin system will fit my current piping.

anyone know if this is true that I can only buy dalkin aircon system to replace old starmex system?!?!?
Old 16-06-2015, 04:30 PM   #5942
Suspended

Hi All,

need some advice here.
I am using a starmex system 3 invertor system which is 12 yrs old and it seems to have broken down.
I called an aircon guy for cleaning as it was blowing normal air instead of cool air.
the aircon came down and said one of the parts in the compressor is spoilt and there is no replacement in whole of Singapore.
he say the part is in a bunch of 3 and 1 failed.

He says I cannot buy starmex again as the new system would not fit my current piping and only dalkin system will fit my current piping.

anyone know if this is true that I can only buy dalkin aircon system to replace old starmex system?!?!?
12 yrs old Starmex got inverter alrwady?

Mind to share which model for outdoor unit and indoor unit just label below of FCU.

Thanks
Old 16-06-2015, 04:31 PM   #5943
Master Member

Yes can be cause the compressor runing not smoothly on receiving gas.

The standard for 9k at 6.3mm & 9mm dia at least.
1/2" = 12mm dia too big already.

If inverter unit only suitable for 18k and above
1/2" is the insulator la. 1/4" is the 22G copper pipe (6.8-7mm).

Last edited by gentoro; 16-06-2015 at 04:36 PM..
Old 16-06-2015, 04:34 PM   #5944
Master Member

your aircon guy is full of bull!! haiz...
Old 16-06-2015, 04:35 PM   #5945
Suspended

1/2" is the insulator la. 1/4" is the 22G copper pipe.
Ok Noted
Old 16-06-2015, 04:45 PM   #5946
Master Member

Has anyone engaged Aron Putt from starcoolaircon recently? Able to share your experiences from the services he (or his partner) rendered?
Old 16-06-2015, 07:03 PM   #5947
Supremacy Member

12 yrs old Starmex got inverter alrwady?

Mind to share which model for outdoor unit and indoor unit just label below of FCU.

Thanks
They told me is inverter one leh.
model as below.
Old 16-06-2015, 07:08 PM   #5948
Suspended

They told me is inverter one leh.
model as below.
This unit is non inverter model, cause the gas is R22, you can try to change outdoor non inverter unit as any models or brand will be works fine too
Old 16-06-2015, 07:14 PM   #5949
Supremacy Member

This unit is non inverter model, cause the gas is R22, you can try to change outdoor non inverter unit as any models or brand will be works fine too
oh, so just change the outdoor unit can liao ah... well, the indoor unit already quite old.. think might be a time to change also, so does it mean the piping for the old unit can no longer be used by the new unit?
Old 16-06-2015, 08:01 PM   #5950
Suspended

oh, so just change the outdoor unit can liao ah... well, the indoor unit already quite old.. think might be a time to change also, so does it mean the piping for the old unit can no longer be used by the new unit?
Ya if wanna change to inverter unit..
The Cooper & wiring all must be new.
Old 17-06-2015, 12:42 AM   #5951
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone know for those older flats with max total running current allowed of 8.5A and the house's aircon system is already provided with an additional 15A power point, does it mean the system will be running at full capacity or it will still be limited to 8.5A?
Old 17-06-2015, 07:58 AM   #5952
Suspended

Anyone know for those older flats with max total running current allowed of 8.5A and the house's aircon system is already provided with an additional 15A power point, does it mean the system will be running at full capacity or it will still be limited to 8.5A?
Power point just related to fuse on MSB only.
The higher load may lock at 8.5A for full tuns on at same time, if just turn on 2 units the power still runing on lower amp only.

That meant the Aircon won't kick in as higher & optimum capacity on the compressor, that meant full turns may take some time to cooling down, unlike non current limitation would be kick in optimum capacity & BTUs for quickly cool down the room.

Last edited by kimsim; 17-06-2015 at 08:00 AM..
Old 17-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #5953

hi a friend was recommended to consider this offer of a japan brand aircon sys1 inverter i think, brand new with full wty for under 480. before anyone start jump and attack, this offer was not from some subcon or individual no name seller, but by a rather renowned and even popular retailer here. and confirm not old or refurb set, is box brand new model. the only thing is installation is separate, about 200something. those recommending this said the product is genuine and the installation not bad. but my friend not sure because all us others usually talking in thousands and thousands, but don't mind can try see. asking on friend behalf, have anyone heard of this before..or any similar experience to share or to take note thanks!
Old 17-06-2015, 01:17 PM   #5954
tk
Supremacy Member

Wink

hi a friend was recommended to consider this offer of a japan brand aircon sys1 inverter i think, brand new with full wty for under 480. before anyone start jump and attack, this offer was not from some subcon or individual no name seller, but by a rather renowned and even popular retailer here. and confirm not old or refurb set, is box brand new model. the only thing is installation is separate, about 200something. those recommending this said the product is genuine and the installation not bad. but my friend not sure because all us others usually talking in thousands and thousands, but don't mind can try see. asking on friend behalf, have anyone heard of this before..or any similar experience to share or to take note thanks!
brand & model?
Old 17-06-2015, 06:28 PM   #5955

aiyoyoyoyo..i asking anyone knows..then kanna asked back same thing..win liao lor
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.