HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2015, 11:26 AM   #5971
Suspended

Hi all,

My installation has already completed thus was wondering if anyone can show with pics or describe what is required to turn on the no limit cap on the Mit SM compressor?

I might try to ask my electrical wiring guy to help change if I know what's needed to.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeremy
My friend told me is on top of outdoor condenser located at PCB.
Old 20-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #5972

The large one 3x5m should go for 1.5hp = 12k at least otherwise will take some time to cooling down the room.

I though Panasonic price are same with Starmex right
If have better way just go for Starmex you will realise it is more higher quality than Pana at all.
Hi thx for the quick reply,as i'm moving out in 2 yr times so would like to go with something good but not to expensive air con,as starmex i check was 2 hundreds more then panasonic.As currently i had a very old and spoilt system 4 which need to be removed,so this would be a good time for me to buy a new set and dispose the old one.Later in the year might do some reno to my flat so hopefully can add value to my flat when selling

another option was Fujitsu System 3 Inverter Air-Con AOAG24LAT3/ASAG09LJx3 (with Installation) which is another 2 hundreds cheaper,is this a good choice...sorry very blur about this stuff

Body Type High COP Design
Cooling Capacity (Outdoor Unit) 29,002 Btu
Eco-friendly Certification(s) 2 Ticks
Eco-friendly Feature(s) I-PAM High Efficiency Inverter Control Technology
Noise Level Super Quiet Operation of 21dB(A)
Filter Types Negative Air Ions Deodorising Filter
Apple Catechin Filter
Compressor Type Twin Rotary Compressor
Old 20-06-2015, 11:57 AM   #5973
Suspended

Hi thx for the quick reply,as i'm moving out in 2 yr times so would like to go with something good but not to expensive air con,as starmex i check was 2 hundreds more then panasonic.As currently i had a very old and spoilt system 4 which need to be removed,so this would be a good time for me to buy a new set and dispose the old one.Later in the year might do some reno to my flat so hopefully can add value to my flat when selling

another option was Fujitsu System 3 Inverter Air-Con AOAG24LAT3/ASAG09LJx3 (with Installation) which is another 2 hundreds cheaper,is this a good choice...sorry very blur about this stuff

Body Type High COP Design
Cooling Capacity (Outdoor Unit) 29,002 Btu
Eco-friendly Certification(s) 2 Ticks
Eco-friendly Feature(s) I-PAM High Efficiency Inverter Control Technology
Noise Level Super Quiet Operation of 21dB(A)
Filter Types Negative Air Ions Deodorising Filter
Apple Catechin Filter
Compressor Type Twin Rotary Compressor
Fujitsu got some issue, please stay away it.
If wanna cheaper now then go with Pana is the right choice.
Old 20-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #5974

Fujitsu got some issue, please stay away it.
If wanna cheaper now then go with Pana is the right choice.
thx ,appreciate ur help,recently i went to courts and all of the air con have only 2 tick,according to the salesman this is because they r using 8hrs/day usage as calculation that's why the two tick.This is the same as 4 tick previously,is this true?

Last edited by marcus70; 20-06-2015 at 12:03 PM..
Old 20-06-2015, 01:02 PM   #5975
Suspended

thx ,appreciate ur help,recently i went to courts and all of the air con have only 2 tick,according to the salesman this is because they r using 8hrs/day usage as calculation that's why the two tick.This is the same as 4 tick previously,is this true?
Courts pricing is alway higher than other like GC or All Best.

Actually 2 ticks or 4 ticks is best on higher capacity / input watt. The greater EER = higher ticks.

But once come into current limitation lock at 8.5Amp = 1930w maximum power input watt & capacity for normal 2 ticks should be the same..

Some they claim on higher ticks but not cold as 2 ticks, you may Increse the temperature with fan speed, at the end from 2 ticks is still better with much more energy saving than 4 ticks

Last edited by kimsim; 20-06-2015 at 01:05 PM..
Old 20-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #5976

Courts pricing is alway higher than other like GC or All Best.

Actually 2 ticks or 4 ticks is best on higher capacity / input watt. The greater EER = higher ticks.

But once come into current limitation lock at 8.5Amp = 1930w maximum power input watt & capacity for normal 2 ticks should be the same..

Some they claim on higher ticks but not cold as 2 ticks, you may Increse the temperature with fan speed, at the end from 2 ticks is still better with much more energy saving than 4 ticks
thanks
Old 21-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #5977
Master Member

Hi

any experts can recommend good aircon installation for my house?
Old 21-06-2015, 06:34 PM   #5978
Master Member

hey guys, was just wondering, what would be the total average cost of installing an aircon in my room? i am staying in a semi D. also, what would be a cheap and sufficient and reliable brand that i can consider? thanks!!
Old 21-06-2015, 11:05 PM   #5979

Hi guys, I'm looking for either Mitsubishi Starmex system 3 inverter or Daikin system 3 inverter for my HDB resale flat. 9000 BTU for each unit.

I went to Gain City and All Best at IMM.

Gain City (total price is $3448)
- Air Con $3169
- Additional warranty for 5 years for blower and all parts $99
- Upgrade pipes to bigger pipes $180

All Best (total price is $3098)
- Air Con $2799
- Additional warranty for 5 years for blower and all parts $299
- Pipes are already 16mm bigger pipes
- Provides workmanship warranty that covers everything including condensation and any issues for 5 years

Which one should I go for? Or are there any other shops you guys recommend? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by FandiAhmad17; 21-06-2015 at 11:09 PM.. Reason: Added BTU
Old 22-06-2015, 01:58 AM   #5980
Master Member

Hi guys.. my current 4 room hdb already have one system 1 installed in one of the room. How can i go about installing another air con in one other room? or should i just consider casement aircon with only 2 ticks?
Old 22-06-2015, 06:35 AM   #5981
Suspended

Hi guys, I'm looking for either Mitsubishi Starmex system 3 inverter or Daikin system 3 inverter for my HDB resale flat. 9000 BTU for each unit.

I went to Gain City and All Best at IMM.

Gain City (total price is $3448)
- Air Con $3169
- Additional warranty for 5 years for blower and all parts $99
- Upgrade pipes to bigger pipes $180

All Best (total price is $3098)
- Air Con $2799
- Additional warranty for 5 years for blower and all parts $299
- Pipes are already 16mm bigger pipes
- Provides workmanship warranty that covers everything including condensation and any issues for 5 years

Which one should I go for? Or are there any other shops you guys recommend? Thanks in advance!
All Best still much cheaper I guess, cause my unit also from All Best.

Please check the bracket & Dismantle the old unit are included, if you have
Old 22-06-2015, 06:46 AM   #5982
Suspended

Hi guys.. my current 4 room hdb already have one system 1 installed in one of the room. How can i go about installing another air con in one other room? or should i just consider casement aircon with only 2 ticks?
Just make sure the Aircon leadge enought space to allow 2 condenser outdoor.
Old 22-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #5983

New aircon installation

Hi

I need to change to new aircon, but getting different feedback on changing the new piping. SOme say new aircon must use new piping due to diff gas use, but others say condo aircon piping are very good and need not change. My aircon is 15 years old and now in dilema - daikin or mitsubishi> New pipe or old pipe? Gain city quoted $1k+ for installation and change new piping.
Old 22-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #5984
tk
Supremacy Member

Hi

I need to change to new aircon, but getting different feedback on changing the new piping. SOme say new aircon must use new piping due to diff gas use, but others say condo aircon piping are very good and need not change. My aircon is 15 years old and now in dilema - daikin or mitsubishi> New pipe or old pipe? Gain city quoted $1k+ for installation and change new piping.
15 years old better to change piping.. but is any of it concealed? if concealed the cost will be more..
Old 22-06-2015, 06:13 PM   #5985
Master Member

For private residential need to do site survey..
Do visit and like our www.facebook.com/redconair page
We will give u a reasonable price after the survey.
hi there. how much do you guys charge for this site survey? thank you.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.