Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what if i want to sustain 25 deg C when the sunsets, 9k FCU enough?
9k btu fcu is sized only for a normal room. If yours is any larger than normal, or produce heat more than a normal room, the 9k will struggle to remove the heat from your room, And you may not get 25degree. If it does ever reach 25deg , it will be after an extended period of time.

Also do not forget your compressor sizing as well.

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gian city and courts are always going to be slightly more expensive. But they are most convenient too. They have a storefront you can go and leave more about the multiple brands.

Cheaper dealers can be found online. Go do a quick Google and you'll find them.

Starmex is a reputable brand. You will not go wrong with it, although there are several other good brand too. All down to your price point and cooling capacity requirement

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

Yesterday, I was at the Gain City Sungei Kadut and seems many of their prices are being lowered further for their 1 year anniversary sale till 24th of this month.

Probably those who are interested to check out the air-con prices can visit the Sungei Kadut outlet as prices there are lowered than the other outlets. =:p

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was at the Gain City Sungei Kadut and seems many of their prices are being lowered further for their 1 year anniversary sale till 24th of this month.

Probably those who are interested to check out the air-con prices can visit the Sungei Kadut outlet as prices there are lowered than the other outlets. =:p
Yea i ended up buying there.

Hmm anyone has any idea if compressor cfm can fit the old hdb mbr aircon hole?

Sent from sent from limpeh phone to your screen using GAGT

yosemi

Reaction score

thanks bro, i will visit there

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
lets do some study of LG inverter compressor for system 3. LG

Model ticks Max Power Annual electricity bill

A4UQ26GFA2 5 6.47kw $681 (ok not really enuff power for 3 fcu)
A4UQ26GFA1 4 7.18kw $818 (ok barely enuff power for 3 fcu)
A4UQ30GFA0 3 9.02kw $1077 (overkill, but suitable for those who wants 12kbtu upgrade or a 18kbtu for the hall)

lets do some study of LG inverter compressor for system 3. Daikin

3MKS71FSG 3 6.89kw $951 (barely enuff power)
3MWKS80LV1 3 7.41kw $982 (pls note this is sys 4 compressor)
3MKS50FSG 4 4.83KW $601 (not enuff even for 2 fcu:s11:)

LG is able to give the extra juice because it is using system 4 compressor for a system 3 and hence it create savings in money and power it need. feel free to check other brands.

Any way it seems new compressors models are being released by various brands. that explain the "discount and offer" given recently by various brands. they are clearing problematic models ?

https://e-services.nea.gov.sg/els/pages/search/publicsearchproduct.aspx?param=goods&type=p
A4UQ30GFA0 3 9.02kw $1077

so this model cannot buy?

thinking buying this upgrade one unit to 12k btu....

cos my master room big...

now also using lg...since late 2007...alot of problem...yesterday air con not cold till on fan also

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup i read lg air con got issues. I believe current batch shld be better since they dare to go 5 yrs warranty fir part n labour (nat aire girl told me warranty includes labour). Also, if five years then die i dun mind. Nowadays air con all dun last for decade. My starmex is alr dying after 2 yrs plus.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup i read lg air con got issues. I believe current batch shld be better since they dare to go 5 yrs warranty fir part n labour (nat aire girl told me warranty includes labour). Also, if five years then die i dun mind. Nowadays air con all dun last for decade. My starmex is alr dying after 2 yrs plus.

What is the fault on your starmex, Are you changing to a new one?

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the fault on your starmex, Are you changing to a new one?

power dropped, not as cold as before. FYI i do chemical washing and pipe clearance 1 -2 times a year as i have contact for low cost air con servicing.

not changing as i moving out soon and leaving the old system at current state

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
power dropped, not as cold as before. FYI i do chemical washing and pipe clearance 1 -2 times a year as i have contact for low cost air con servicing.

I guess the factor is whether you want save more electricity or better cooling, save electricity then the power drawn will be lesser and cooling also slower.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A4UQ30GFA0 3 9.02kw $1077

so this model cannot buy?

thinking buying this upgrade one unit to 12k btu....

cos my master room big...

now also using lg...since late 2007...alot of problem...yesterday air con not cold till on fan also

maybe ur aircon pipe chock or leaking gas. i get my pipe cleared and checked annually. one time after they clear the pipe, my air con power recovered 80% however it cant recover 100% as i believe the compressor not as good quality as before. now the power is dropping every few months.

not cannot buy just that i prefer 4 ticks where the power cut is not as much as the 5 ticks one. anyway nat aire dun carry the 4 ticks compressor as their sales confirmed. only 3 or 5 ticks.

12k btu can get the A4UQ30GFA0 3 9.02kw $1077 if u going system 4.

if system 3, LG A4UQ26GFA2 5 6.47kw $681 also can go btu 12k for ur master bedroom.

Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess the factor is whether you want save more electricity or better cooling, save electricity then the power drawn will be lesser and cooling also slower.

yup thats why i going for the 4 ticks for best of both world but sadly nat aire dun carry. looking at CT aircon and 2x Beko sys 2 (4 ticks) - 10kw total.

Smart-DigitalHome

Reaction score
Hello Kakis....

Did you know that any brand of aircons can be automated? Meaning you can control it from your smartphone/tablet and control from anywhere in the world.

We specialize in smart home automation and have completed more than 100+ projects. :s13:

smart-digitalhome.com

joshuatan1984

Reaction score

bro, I bought LG 5 ticks artcool, personally called them up and also double confirmed with them at LG service center when I went down to redeem my LG red fair voucher, 2nd to 5th year, only parts covered. Labor and transport is chargeable.:s22:

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Kakis....

Did you know that any brand of aircons can be automated? Meaning you can control it from your smartphone/tablet and control from anywhere in the world.

We specialize in smart home automation and have completed more than 100+ projects. :s13:

smart-digitalhome.com
I think Daikin have this features... But for me.. I use ambi climate... It can auto adjust aircon to my comfort level

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
bro, I bought LG 5 ticks artcool, personally called them up and also double confirmed with them at LG service center when I went down to redeem my LG red fair voucher, 2nd to 5th year, only parts covered. Labor and transport is chargeable.:s22:

How much is the labor and transport

joshuatan1984

Reaction score
How much is the labor and transport

If I remember correctly $107 for first fancoil, if multiple equipment failure, subsequent units will be at 50% of $107. Not sure if the price applies to outdoor unit tho, should be cuz the guy who picked up my call asked me to spell out the model number for both indoor and outdoor unit.

joshuatan1984

Reaction score
If I remember correctly $107 for first fancoil, if multiple equipment failure, subsequent units will be at 50% of $107. Not sure if the price applies to outdoor unit tho, should be cuz the guy who picked up my call asked me to spell out the model number for both indoor and outdoor unit.

And for your info, it is clearly stated in the LG artcool fancoil installation manual that min clearance from TOP of fancoil to ceiling is 200mm. Only saw that in the manual after installer left. LG emphasizes this with a caution mark stating that cooling capacity will be reduced as well as increased operating noise if 200mm clearance is not met. Which is kinda true for me now. I surveyed the fancoil and I think nowadays, even for other brands the only air intake is at the top of fancoil. So if the min clearance is not met, air intake will likely be restricted especially when you go for higher fan speed.

I have 3 fancoils installed and only 1 unit has that min 200mm clearance.

The other 2 fancoil installed with the installer's presumed adequate min clearance of "3 inches" :(.

If u have L box at your living room like mine, it is really not practical to achieve 200mm clearance between fancoil and ceiling because if u follow the guideline strictly, your fancoil will be too low.

power consumption is good, a 6yo 318L non inverter fridge running together with the aircon system at night averaging 8kwh per night (readings at power meter recorded). 10 hrs usage (9pm to 7am) for my 2 common rooms 12kbtu + 9kbtu, set at 25deg C, reaching target temperature less than 20mins monitored using digital thermometer.

I hope the LG system will last me at least a 5 years. (Praying hard)

my starmex single split 12k btu inverter is already dying on me now, and it has served me for only less than 3 years.

Last edited:

Didjerama

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recently changed my aircon. My previous aircon was ard for 13 years. Compressor not as strong as it used to.
When the installers dismantled my old aircon piping, the piping was still in good shape, no holes, no rust, no leakage, and its the smallee hole pipe, not the much touted big radius piping. Even the sponge was in god condition and its a no brand sponge..
My conclusion is that its not always the material that matters, its the installation that matters. You can see the installation was done meticulously.

Anyway i used coolserve as my installer this time round. Been three weeks and no problem

maryk6

Reaction score
Is this price S$4700 reasonable for Mitsuibishi electric starmex system 4 with 5 ticks?

MXY4G28VA + MSXYFJ10VE x 3 + MSXYFJ24VE x 1

ralfale

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there real need to upgrade to the thicker pipes n insulation? Very reluctant to remove existing trunking which will be a huge mess to reprint

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.