HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2015, 10:41 AM   #6196

Thanks Jason
I have no feel on prices, and above 5k is ok too if that's what it takes.
I may do the whole thing at once when the MBR unit breaks down..
I don't think I need to re-do the internal piping.. that seems to be in good shape
Just make use of existing pipes and swop out the compressor..
That's why I wanted to know if I can swop how the pipes are connected...
From my estimate, a 12k BTU will suffice for the bedroom, and 9 or 12k units in all the other places too.
The main issue is fitting the head units into the slot in the false ceiling...
Old 01-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #6197

Aircon Installer- to recommend

Hi there,

i am trying to get a 4 to 5 NEA ticks system 4. 3x10k btu + 1x24kbtu.
almost gone with Courts but to discovered that the online price is $500 cheaper than Megastore price.

anyone has a good installer to recommend?

thank you.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:08 PM   #6198
Suspended

Thanks Jason
I have no feel on prices, and above 5k is ok too if that's what it takes.
I may do the whole thing at once when the MBR unit breaks down..
I don't think I need to re-do the internal piping.. that seems to be in good shape
Just make use of existing pipes and swop out the compressor..
That's why I wanted to know if I can swop how the pipes are connected...
From my estimate, a 12k BTU will suffice for the bedroom, and 9 or 12k units in all the other places too.
The main issue is fitting the head units into the slot in the false ceiling...
Before re-use an existing copper pipes should do with pressure test before you reconsider want to hack off and re-runs new pipes or just re-use the existing one..
Old 01-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #6199

Hi LittleBB,

I am also into replacing my old mit non-inverted air con. I have been looking around and I found a quote for a Mit Starmex system 3 for S$2800 including replacing the old piping from STL Air Conditioning. Check out their web site. They provide a link to "BCA Academy of the Built Environment" which contain a list of all qualified air con installers. Impressive, eh!! The Mit starmex has got 2 ticks rating for energy efficiency. I also check out on Dakin Inverter Multi-Split System 3 (R410A) which has a 3 ticks rating which translates to a annual energy cost of S$643 as compare to Mit Starmex of S$1060. Quoted for S$2680.

I am thinking of buying Dakin based of energy rating. Any kind soul out there can give comment whether it is a good choice?? TIA.
Hi,
Can you share where you get the quote of $2800? I am also looking for replacing my old ac by Starmex.
Thanks
Old 02-08-2015, 02:48 AM   #6200

Hi,

Would like to have some sound advice. I am looking for a 4 system aircon. I was quoted the following from GC.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries / 4-Systems / 30,000 BTU - $4229
Upgrade fan coil piping (insulator + copper piping) -$240
Extended warranty (1 + 4 yrs) - $499

Question 1: Is the fan coil piping upgrade necessary? The upgrade involve changing the insulator thickness from the standard 10mm to 13mm as well as copper pipe from the standard G23 to G22. Any problem with using the standard sizes?

Question 2: According to the salesman, the extended warranty will cover the main board replacement. Without it, it costs $800+ to replace the main board if it does get faulty. Anyone has their main board fried?
Old 02-08-2015, 07:07 AM   #6201
Suspended

Hi,

Would like to have some sound advice. I am looking for a 4 system aircon. I was quoted the following from GC.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries / 4-Systems / 30,000 BTU - $4229
Upgrade fan coil piping (insulator + copper piping) -$240
Extended warranty (1 + 4 yrs) - $499

Question 1: Is the fan coil piping upgrade necessary? The upgrade involve changing the insulator thickness from the standard 10mm to 13mm as well as copper pipe from the standard G23 to G22. Any problem with using the standard sizes?

Question 2: According to the salesman, the extended warranty will cover the main board replacement. Without it, it costs $800+ to replace the main board if it does get faulty. Anyone has their main board fried?
Copper gas pipes is necessary for upgrade, if you upgrade also fine, in future can be re-used again.

Wires should used pure copper wires too, did you check with them? or upgrade into 4 core wire.

PVC outlet pipe also need insulated did they provide for you?
Size like 20mm as a standard.

Such as good insulation like armaflex can be last longer without condensation issue, if upgrade also fine too.

Electronic parts were depend on luck!
Old 02-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #6202

Copper gas pipes is necessary for upgrade, if you upgrade also fine, in future can be re-used again.

Wires should used pure copper wires too, did you check with them? or upgrade into 4 core wire.

PVC outlet pipe also need insulated did they provide for you?
Size like 20mm as a standard.

Such as good insulation like armaflex can be last longer without condensation issue, if upgrade also fine too.

Electronic parts were depend on luck!
Thanks for your reply. 4 cores wires (2 grounding points) will be used. He didn't mention about insulatig the PVC outlet piping, will take note of that.

Last edited by tengg; 02-08-2015 at 12:32 PM..
Old 02-08-2015, 08:31 PM   #6203

Aircon Supplier- recommendation needed

HI,

need some good recommendation for a supplier for a system4.
please advise.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:56 PM   #6204

Bought my Mitsubishi System 3 at Gain City today.

Upgraded to 22 SWG and half inch armaflex. Package came with 5 years installation warranty and 5 years spare parts warranty.

Total cost SGD 3448.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #6205
Master Member

Talking Good Price ??

Hello,

I'm planning to buy aircon for my new BTO, so hoping any kind soul can help to recommend any good lobangs?

My current aircon is Mitsubishi Starmex, have been using since 2005, and installed and setup by Gain City. I think in terms of workmanship and quality of the product, it's pretty reliable as I don't encounter big issues for the past 10 years of usage.

I'm hoping anyone got any contacts with Gain CIty or any sales person working in Gain City, able to provide a very good quotation for the below:

1. Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter System 5 (2 compressor)
2. System 4 (1 compressor) please.

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #6206

Hi all,

I have an old HDB Terrace at Stirling Road with a big living room downstairs and 3 bedroom upstairs. Inherited this current aircon system from previous owner. Currently a system 2 (8k BTU for both) for the living room downstairs and the Master bedroom upstairs. The other 2 bedrooms are on individual window units.

Problem: The old system 2 aircon is not sufficient to cool the big living room downstairs (currently is 9k BTU for both bedroom and living room) so I thought of replacing it totally with another system 2 with a much higher BTU of around 18k for living room and bedroom at 9k.

Any recommendation for good system 2 aircon for either Starmex and to buy from which coy?

Also, to replace the system 2, can I use back old wiring and piping or have to install new ones?

Thank you all!
Old 05-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #6207
Suspended

Hi all,

I have an old HDB Terrace at Stirling Road with a big living room downstairs and 3 bedroom upstairs. Inherited this current aircon system from previous owner. Currently a system 2 (8k BTU for both) for the living room downstairs and the Master bedroom upstairs. The other 2 bedrooms are on individual window units.

Problem: The old system 2 aircon is not sufficient to cool the big living room downstairs (currently is 9k BTU for both bedroom and living room) so I thought of replacing it totally with another system 2 with a much higher BTU of around 18k for living room and bedroom at 9k.

Any recommendation for good system 2 aircon for either Starmex and to buy from which coy?

Also, to replace the system 2, can I use back old wiring and piping or have to install new ones?

Thank you all!
You can go the 13k & 10k place at dinning room.
MIT Starmex ok very cold, you should replace the whole new with gas pipe, drain pipe & new wires with insulation also new trunking as well
Old 05-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #6208

You can go the 13k & 10k place at dinning room.
MIT Starmex ok very cold, you should replace the whole new with gas pipe, drain pipe & new wires with insulation also new trunking as well
Thanks for your reply! Any recommended vendor that I can consider, if you don't mind? Many say GC but I have read enough here for me to want to have a 2nd opinion too.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #6209

To jonchar,

9k btu piping size and 18k btu piping size if different, i will advise you install the new system 2 with new piping.

How big (square metre) is your living room?
Old 09-08-2015, 10:56 PM   #6210
Suspended

Thanks for your reply! Any recommended vendor that I can consider, if you don't mind? Many say GC but I have read enough here for me to want to have a 2nd opinion too.
Try AllBest at IMM, mine was installed from them, so far so good close to a year now.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.