HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #6271
Banned

York in sg model is OEM from China made, no related to York M'sia model.

So the price will be slighly lower.
But the maintenace wise will be difficult than Starmex design as easy clean.
wow, nice info. Any recommendations ?
Old 22-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #6272
Suspended

wow, nice info. Any recommendations ?
You mean installer?

i just prefer you check from GC, AllBest the better price.
also go for the normal brands such as daikin, starmex or panasonic as well.
Old 22-08-2015, 12:00 PM   #6273
Banned

You mean installer?

i just prefer you check from GC, AllBest the better price.
also go for the normal brands such as daikin, starmex or panasonic as well.
i see. thank you!
Old 22-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #6274
Supremacy Member

Thot the contractors will be prudent enough to not put silicone at the aircon?

Hi today got some tips for sharing with yours

For new Aircons installed and make sure ask the installer do not used silicon sealed along the FCU in between wall gap.

To avoid next time chemical wash have to dismantle down the indoor unit as well.

So the time can be faster than used more time to cut off the silicon before to dismantle down.

The pic is showing without silicon sealed.
Old 22-08-2015, 12:17 PM   #6275
Suspended

Thot the contractors will be prudent enough to not put silicone at the aircon?
Not too sure, my friend told me around 10/5 house had it issue, so he might take time to cut-off all round.
Old 22-08-2015, 01:44 PM   #6276
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyway if you were extended warranty they have record in data, or you might keep your receipt.
thx bro, was actually asking if it would be hard to claim the warranty if anything happens.

would be having installation soon. any pointers to take note? thx!
Old 22-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #6277
Suspended

thx bro, was actually asking if it would be hard to claim the warranty if anything happens.

would be having installation soon. any pointers to take note? thx!
Just a wires condition make sure you check from them is pure copper.

Otherwise get burn later will be trouble for remove out trucking.

Also pvc drain pipe at least comes with 16mm Dia. also use armaflex insulation if possible to prevent condensation
Old 22-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #6278

Izzit true that Mitsubishi Electric Starmex is coming out new model this year ? Any link or source ?
Old 22-08-2015, 04:09 PM   #6279
Suspended

Izzit true that Mitsubishi Electric Starmex is coming out new model this year ? Any link or source ?
New models VRV type they has already for 1:4, 1:5 & 1:6
But not suitable for HDB flat

The latest smaller units will be coming soon, just the BTU slighly lower than current model.

kingsen likes this.
Old 23-08-2015, 11:56 AM   #6280
Banned

Any thoughts about Mitsubishi Industrial air con?
Old 24-08-2015, 01:49 PM   #6281

To kingsen,

I think the new model coming out Q4 this year.
Old 24-08-2015, 02:15 PM   #6282
Banned

To kingsen,

I think the new model coming out Q4 this year.
so is it a good time to wait or ???
Old 25-08-2015, 08:05 AM   #6283
Suspended

Share my experience of usage with ME Starmex sys 3, last weekend we engage Ah Yi for changed my living room unit from 13k BTU to 18k BTU now, also asked him to adjusted the outdoor condenser unit for current limitation from 8.5A to 11A maximum now.

The overall cooling very impressive from 8.5A load very slowly, even at night time we open bedroom door for while can feel the air is gone and keep room slighly warm, after switch to 11A now we realise the outdoor works quite responding to kick in and load up same amount of cooling to be keep the room temperature unchanged, just our master bedroom no Aircon ledge can near slighly loud from outdoor unit, but will remain around 15mins then back to normal as quiet operation again.

So our rooms setting from previously we need set to 25C after it we just set to 26C the cooling amount is the same as before and more cooling already.

This time from our decision are made and never let us disappointed to be adjusted the current limitation.

Ah Yi had test the current runs at maximum amp is around 10+/- only, for turns on all and set to mid fan with lower down the temperature for all.

If we used as normal setting to set as 25 to 26C and low fan speed from the current draw in wouldn't too much different at all, just the cooling amount changed a lots with outdoor unit works slighly more responding now.

Also our living room changed the FCU to 18k BTU is never regret for that, now we set to 25C with low fan speed can feels more wide airflow with more cooler than before, we set to 24C with high fan speed for all the times.

This zen series Ah Yi help us to find within whole s'pore and very low stocks now, so he able to get it for us, we are very appreciated with him and his jobs done from converted copper size as well.

Then the pre unit we keep it for spare

Anyway he did the great jobs for us and thanks with Ah Yi

Last edited by kimsim; 25-08-2015 at 08:11 AM..
Old 25-08-2015, 11:00 AM   #6284

Share my experience of usage with ME Starmex sys 3, last weekend we engage Ah Yi for changed my living room unit from 13k BTU to 18k BTU now, also asked him to adjusted the outdoor condenser unit for current limitation from 8.5A to 11A maximum now.

Anyway he did the great jobs for us and thanks with Ah Yi
Hi Kimsim,
By changing the current limitation to 11A, will it void the 5 year compressor warranty?
And will it cause the SwitchBox to trip during the hot day when all units are turned on?
Old 25-08-2015, 11:11 AM   #6285
Suspended

Hi Kimsim,
By changing the current limitation to 11A, will it void the 5 year compressor warranty?
And will it cause the SwitchBox to trip during the hot day when all units are turned on?
The main switch is 15A plug, we turns on all for every night, but the temperature we set to 25-26C only.

Also Ah Yi monitor on the power meter measurement is load on 8.5-9A only for normal setting, unless set to maximum at 18C with high fan for all rooms then the compressor will be high jet speed draw for 11A as max load.

Warranty for compressor 5 yrs is covering for full load or limitation from factory setting as well.

If really cannot take it, i guess most of single split can't Last long for it, from the single split don't have such thing call current limitation setting.

11A is around = 2500w only, if we using cloths dryer power input watt for 2800w I guess will be trip instantly wow

Last edited by kimsim; 25-08-2015 at 11:20 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.