HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #616
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks thesingingbard for the post of inverter.

Hi All,

i called coolserve in the afternoon. spent 15min to talk about my need & their product & service. Gave them my email, and they had forward me a quotation.

Hi Chunliang,

coolserve ppl mentioned that i may need to check with hdb, to place outdoor condenser at service balcony or must install bracket. But they offer a site visit to show me how the piping run.
Bro mypj_88,

Is coolserve using Armaflex as well as better copper pipe?
I went to ask GC and they give G-flex and if want to top-up to Armaflex and better copper pipe, it will cost me another $180, so overall is $80 more ex than coolserve.

Did you checkout Hong Tar?

Who did better job of installation: Hong Tar, Gain City or CoolServe?
So it wont leak and less problem for next cool 5-7years?
Old 23-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #617
Supremacy Member

some say gain city giv armaflex.. but well, since they wan u to top up to get armaflex, might as well go coolserve liao..haha.
Old 23-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #618

Bro mypj_88,

Is coolserve using Armaflex as well as better copper pipe?
I went to ask GC and they give G-flex and if want to top-up to Armaflex and better copper pipe, it will cost me another $180, so overall is $80 more ex than coolserve.

Did you checkout Hong Tar?

Who did better job of installation: Hong Tar, Gain City or CoolServe?
So it wont leak and less problem for next cool 5-7years?
Hi Bro. Mike,

In the quotation, it stated standard installation. Additional charges for copper pipe more than 15mtrs per FCU, and thicker insulation will charge $80 per FCU. I had replied coolserve's email to ask for the materials used.

By the way, the price from 3.6k+ - 3.7k+ quoted for system 4 inverter-Mitsubishi electric - Daikin - Toshiba.

I dont know about Hong Tar. Maybe you could give me their contact, I will call them.

Hi Chunliang,

Thanks for the HDB link. I had check before, but dont understand. Because my service balcony is beside 2 toilets. No direct link to rooms. Not sure how the pipe run. Will arrange coolserve to have a site survey, if confirm to use their service.
Old 24-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #619

Hi, would like to check with 'old bird' here. Is there any limitation or i can install any multi spilt air cons that i want.
eg: AMPS not enough to power the air con
Old 24-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #620
Supremacy Member

Hi Bro. Mike,

In the quotation, it stated standard installation. Additional charges for copper pipe more than 15mtrs per FCU, and thicker insulation will charge $80 per FCU. I had replied coolserve's email to ask for the materials used.

By the way, the price from 3.6k+ - 3.7k+ quoted for system 4 inverter-Mitsubishi electric - Daikin - Toshiba.

I dont know about Hong Tar. Maybe you could give me their contact, I will call them.

Hi Chunliang,

Thanks for the HDB link. I had check before, but dont understand. Because my service balcony is beside 2 toilets. No direct link to rooms. Not sure how the pipe run. Will arrange coolserve to have a site survey, if confirm to use their service.
u got any floor plan? or to draw out?
Old 24-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #621
Supremacy Member

Hi, would like to check with 'old bird' here. Is there any limitation or i can install any multi spilt air cons that i want.
eg: AMPS not enough to power the air con
only private hse can ba. but if u live in hdb than max is 2 outdoor unit if yr hse is installed 40amp. normally those wit 40amp, their blk is under Main Upgrading Programme (MUP). those not, only max is 1.

u can check yrs here: http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos119p.nsf/Search?OpenForm
Old 24-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #622

only private hse can ba. but if u live in hdb than max is 2 outdoor unit if yr hse is installed 40amp. normally those wit 40amp, their blk is under Main Upgrading Programme (MUP). those not, only max is 1.

u can check yrs here: http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos119p.nsf/Search?OpenForm
Thank you v much
Old 25-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #623

My Fujitusu aircon sucks!! The single split AOAR18JCC inverter in my bedroom broke down 2 times within the 1st yr. It was installed 1 and half yr ago. Now the mulit-split ASAA12JACM inverter in my other 2 rooms broke them last Friday. They are less than 2 yrs old. The service of the agent - Winfinity is real
disappointing. I'm always put on hold on the phone and they always say will call back and in the end i've
to keep calling to get to talk to their person in charge. Upon checking yesterday,the technician said both the PCB and 2 EEV coils need to be replaced....Sian.. It will cost me almost $600 including $80 transport. There is only 3 months' waranty after the replacement. I questioned them how can the air-con can break down so soon. They say other customers have no such problem. Last time my Toshiba air-cons lasted for more than 10 yrs without giving me much problem. I regret v. much changing to Fujitusu inverter thinking i can save on the electricity bill. I wonder if inverter air-cons are really less reliable or it all depends on the brand??? Should i get the replacement done ? Don't know how many months they can last and get another replacement again. I would rather change the whole air-con set. When air-con breaks down, it's not just money, but time to wait for them to come, this and that, and causing us such inconvenience - for the whole week my daughters have to sleep in my room, sian....
My Fujitsu aircon also sucks. PCB gone after 4 years. I've been unhappy with this aircon since day one.
Old 25-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #624
Supremacy Member

compare to fuji electric, is it the same? looks like fujitsu is a very bad product..
Old 26-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #625

Yesterday I signed up the Mit Electric sys 3, at Expo Gain City fair, very crowded that U
Need to Q for saleman to serve U. total cost $3463.

Sys 3 wf 9x 9 x 18 BTU $2963/-

Sis Bracket $150/-

5yrs Extension warranty FOC

Dismentle Sys 3 $150

Trade in Sys 3 -$150

Upgrade Armaflex Sys 3 FOC

2yrs five times sys 3 servicing Contract $350/-

just for U guys info. Offer today last day in Sin Expo.
Old 26-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #626

Yesterday I signed up the Mit Electric sys 3, at Expo Gain City fair, very crowded that U
Need to Q for saleman to serve U. total cost $3463.

Sys 3 wf 9x 9 x 18 BTU $2963/-

Sis Bracket $150/-

5yrs Extension warranty FOC

Dismentle Sys 3 $150

Trade in Sys 3 -$150

Upgrade Armaflex Sys 3 FOC

2yrs five times sys 3 servicing Contract $350/-

just for U guys info. Offer today last day in Sin Expo.

what is in the Armaflex Sys 3? armaflex 1/2 + 22 gauge copper?
Old 26-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #627
Arch-Supremacy Member

I got myself Daikin Sys-3 Non-inverter
Total $2358 with 5yrs Warranty

Non-inverter is enough for me as my usage is not that high

Will post pict of old and new aircon after installation is done!!
No more noise, no more not-cold, no-more leak in 3 weeks time, YEAH!
Old 26-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #628

Yr 5 yrs warranty covers wat? As in extended warranty?
Old 26-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #629
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yr 5 yrs warranty covers wat? As in extended warranty?
Yes, extended warranty - covers all: Parts, Labor, Transport
Old 27-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #630

thks everyone here for good info & advise

finally got the toshiba sys-3 non-inverter installed last week.. installing aircon with so many furniture inside was really no joke, like a war zone.. :p

so far so good, the 9k BTU unit is okay for my small 3room flat living room. for the FCU in living room, due to the low ceiling and high door, the gas and water pipe is separated into different trunk - the gas trunk goes upwards above the door, the water trunk goes downwards around the room.

one observation so far is that when the MBR FCU is running on 'quiet' mode, i can hear very soft 'whoo whoo' sound coming out from the trunk (can hear it better when i press my ear to the trunk). has anyone experience this before?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.