HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree892Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2015, 07:38 PM   #6316

To jungle_sg,
Prices quite reasonable.
I will go for Mit Electric based on the prices you have given.
Panasonic should have a promotion now where they give free vouchers and gifts.
Can check with your contractor.
Thanks for your feedback!

Old 28-08-2015, 11:18 PM   #6317

Decided on Mitsubishi Electric Starmex Inverter System 4 (MXY4A28VA+MSYGE24VA+MSYGE10VA*3) for my new place

Best quote i got is $3850 nett

Includes:
- Armaflex Class 1 insulation
- 3C70 wire
- 13mm waterpipe (+$50 can upgrade to 16mm but is it necessary??)
- Grade 22 copper pipe

- 1 or 2-trip installation

- Free $100 aircon servicing voucher

Saw the same set on G***city's website @ $4169 and C***serve @ $4055. Some other smaller aircon companies are cheaper compared to these big ones but best one is still this $3850 so far.

Anyone got even better price recommendations? Heehee! Need to confirm everything by tonight.
Big company comes with longer warranty for installation and spare parts. You may double check with them
Old 29-08-2015, 12:52 AM   #6318

Upgrade into 16mm drain pipe if can, but just forget about insulation on that pipes, if 13mm still able to fit in the foam.

Good to hear that 3C70 if they can given, but make sure is confirm for pure copper material as well.

The rest no comments
Thanks for the advise!
Old 29-08-2015, 12:58 AM   #6319

Big company comes with longer warranty for installation and spare parts. You may double check with them
Thanks for the advise! Its the same leh.. 1 year installation warranty, 1 year indoor parts warranty and 5 years outdoor parts warranty.
Old 29-08-2015, 03:00 PM   #6320
Supremacy Member

Need urgent advise

My house uses system 3.
The aircon nearest to the condenser is working fine
The next 2 aircon can switch on, but it is not cold.. aka normal room temperature.

Thought needs servicing.
The repair people come and say this spoilt and that spoilt so need to change whole 3 unit and condenser, quote me 2.5k . Price dun have piping etc included.

Should I go ahead. ?
The aircon I last installed is like 8 years ago
Old 29-08-2015, 04:36 PM   #6321

Thanks for the advise! Its the same leh.. 1 year installation warranty, 1 year indoor parts warranty and 5 years outdoor parts warranty.
I got mine 5 years installation and 5 years spare parts.

compressor standard 5 years warranty.
Old 29-08-2015, 04:44 PM   #6322
Banned

I got mine 5 years installation and 5 years spare parts.

compressor standard 5 years warranty.
Wah, everything 5?

Which company, model and price? Sic pls. Thanks!
Old 30-08-2015, 01:46 AM   #6323
mnb

Currently on a 10 years+ single split Samsung air con and facing water leakage problem, intend to switch to ME.

Can someone suggest what is the required BTU for a bedroom of 180 square feet?

The air conditioner will be used during sleep mostly, ~ 8 hours a day. Should I get an inverter or non-inverter?
Old 30-08-2015, 07:48 AM   #6324
Suspended

Currently on a 10 years+ single split Samsung air con and facing water leakage problem, intend to switch to ME.

Can someone suggest what is the required BTU for a bedroom of 180 square feet?

The air conditioner will be used during sleep mostly, ~ 8 hours a day. Should I get an inverter or non-inverter?
9k will be sufficient, if 13k more faster reaching temp of preset only, for ME Starmex 8.5k BTU can reach the same amount just slower a bit only, once is cold down you might use comforter as well

ME Starmex 8.5K comes with 4 ticks as least.

Nowadays in the markets for inverter only.
Old 30-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #6325
Supremacy Member

Hi, first time aircon buyer here needs tons of advice

Basically I grew up without aircon, and been suffering for the past 20 years because of this. Now that I'm working and can afford it I wanna get aircon.

So recently my father's friend who's a contractor came down to rekkie the place, and to my dismay said that due to the layout of my place they can't do a split unit.

I have drawn the following bad drawing to illustrate this:

Basically they said due to the wardrobe being in the way, they can't pull the piping through to my room from the compressor.

So my question is, is he correct that it's impossible to do a split unit in my case? He recommended a Casement/Window unit instead. I'm ok with that, except that I'm concerned about the power efficiency. I have read that the power efficiency for these isn't as good as those normal inverter aircons, is that true as well? If so, how much worse is it?
Old 30-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #6326
Banned

Hi, first time aircon buyer here needs tons of advice

Basically I grew up without aircon, and been suffering for the past 20 years because of this. Now that I'm working and can afford it I wanna get aircon.

So recently my father's friend who's a contractor came down to rekkie the place, and to my dismay said that due to the layout of my place they can't do a split unit.

I have drawn the following bad drawing to illustrate this:

Basically they said due to the wardrobe being in the way, they can't pull the piping through to my room from the compressor.

So my question is, is he correct that it's impossible to do a split unit in my case? He recommended a Casement/Window unit instead. I'm ok with that, except that I'm concerned about the power efficiency. I have read that the power efficiency for these isn't as good as those normal inverter aircons, is that true as well? If so, how much worse is it?
Is possible but more work. I think the person is not willing to do it because they means they will have to drill through your wardrobe.
Old 30-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #6327
Supremacy Member

Is possible but more work. I think the person is not willing to do it because they means they will have to drill through your wardrobe.
Thanks, I suspected that as well. But it's not worth it getting a casement/window unit right? For the same BTUs, they draw 3 times the power use of inverter aircons
Old 30-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #6328
Banned

Thanks, I suspected that as well. But it's not worth it getting a casement/window unit right? For the same BTUs, they draw 3 times the power use of inverter aircons
I have history with casement aircon... Power sucker with limited coolness.

My history with casement aircon was quite long back ~ perhaps the current 1 could do better...
Old 30-08-2015, 05:59 PM   #6329

Wah, everything 5?

Which company, model and price? Sic pls. Thanks!
I bought at GainCity Mitsubishi StarMex Sys 3, 9K BTU x 3 couple weeks ago where it comes with 5 years installation and spare parts warranty. Installation warranty covers water and gas leakage, and spare part capped at max amount SGD 1.8k if you top up SGD 99 then you get unlimited amount.

I also top up to upgrade to Amarflex half inch and SWG 22 copper. Total i paid around 3.4k.

Slightly higher than other shops but you get warranty for 5 years.

After installation i just knew that if you submit the feedback form via their website you will get 3 years spare parts warranty automatically.

Hope this helps.
Old 30-08-2015, 08:13 PM   #6330

To mnb,

9k/12k btu will be sufficient.
Single system now only have inverter models.

To simplelifez,

Best to replace your pipings at the same time too.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.