Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can i check with you which GC outlet did you get your aircon from?
I went to one outlet and was quoted 4.6k for starmex 5 tix with 3x9k & 1x18k bTU. Would appreciate if you can share your contact. Thanks!
IMM THEY Also got promotion

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my inverter ac gas seems leaked.. every 3mths need to refill, considering to re-do the pipe.. it was System 2, I changed it to System 1..

terumo

Reaction score
To ralliart12,

What cehongking888 meant was he got himself a slightly higher btu capacity compressor.
If you seldom use all 4 units @ the same time, the model which you purchased works well for you too.

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Confused about what is the best piping .. is it those black styrofoam like better or those white ones with a plastic covering? Anybody kind to share which model is the best copper piping and insulator?

The white one with plastic covering, the surface which is rough is newer one and better than armaflex.

lydiasops

Reaction score
The prices for Daikin proshop and DIY appliances are really close, except for the installment facilities.

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sister's 4-rm resale is 105sm and thinking of getting either Daikin or Mitsubishi
Daikin Envi has wifi/smartphone control which allows you to control AC remotely.
thinking of 4/5 ticks and System 3 for bedrooms (9000btu) and either system1 or 2 for Living and Dining
For Living and Dining, dunno how much BTU is sufficient.

lydiasops

Reaction score
Proshop at bt timah and Alexandra may have different pricing and different installation materials. Better to check

Yes. Alexandra gave a good quote but after asking around, seems like most will go for Mitsubishi Starmex because Daikin spare parts are hard to get. The blower is easier to clean too.

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To ralliart12,

What cehongking888 meant was he got himself a slightly higher btu capacity compressor...

Yes yes, I understood this part (actually I'm also surprised he got a higher-powered compressor for just $200+

...If you seldom use all 4 units @ the same time, the model which you purchased works well for you too.

Actually, perhaps I shouldn't quote him, but isn't there a general (mis)information, that sometimes turning on more FCU simultaneously, makes the (separate) rooms colder?

cheongking888

Reaction score
Yes yes, I understood this part (actually I'm also surprised he got a higher-powered compressor for just $200+

Actually, perhaps I shouldn't quote him, but isn't there a general (mis)information, that sometimes turning on more FCU simultaneously, makes the (separate) rooms colder?

Should be another $200+ top up to get higher capacity ACU.

The aircon men told me that if I used lower capacity ACU and turn on all 4 FCUs I cannot cool the room to my desired temperature at 20 degree (based on the sizes of my 4 rooms).

Also my last room is 20m away from the ACU with many turns along the way.

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sister's 4-rm resale is 105sm and thinking of getting either Daikin or Mitsubishi
Daikin Envi has wifi/smartphone control which allows you to control AC remotely.
thinking of 4/5 ticks and System 3 for bedrooms (9000btu) and either system1 or 2 for Living and Dining
For Living and Dining, dunno how much BTU is sufficient.

Any advice?

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To Tuakong,

Whats the sqm of your living and dining area?

105sqm
Was thinking of system 3 for bedrooms and system 2 for living and dining
Bedrooms 9000BTU she be enuf
But for living and dining Dunno how much
It's a 4rm resale about 25 yo

Shortlisted starmex 5-ticks system though

tqx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought LG30BTU model with 9k BTU fancoil for 3 bedrooms and 24kBTU fancoil for living room.

Setup with 1/2 inch armaflex class 1 insulation ,22 SWG copper pipe.
free 160 aircon servicing voucher.

5 years warranty on all parts.(FC & compressor)

$3900

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Anyone used CT aircon? Wonder how is their installation. Proshop at Alexandra has upped their price so not attractive.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daikin recently seem to have introduced a new aircon series, named as the Smile Series ..
K5Kyzcx.jpg

q2cWLhP.jpg

k540EVq.jpg

Sent from Sumire using GAGT

telstar

Reaction score
I read somewhere in this same thread (don't know which page it is now) that HDB allows installation of 2 external units? I am a bit skeptical.

Can anyone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.