HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree892Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #6361

Hello Kimsim,

I'm looking to get a system 2 to replace my old sharp aircon. Ive been reading the thread and was wondering if the starmex 2015 models are out?
Old 06-09-2015, 09:57 PM   #6362

Hello Kimsim,

I'm looking to get a system 2 to replace my old sharp aircon. Ive been reading the thread and was wondering if the starmex 2015 models are out?
Second of that. I am getting my house end of this year. Someone recommended me ME BTU 9k*3 which is nice and within my budget. But if ME going to come out some new models this year, I would hold my gun for it.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #6363
Suspended

Second of that. I am getting my house end of this year. Someone recommended me ME BTU 9k*3 which is nice and within my budget. But if ME going to come out some new models this year, I would hold my gun for it.
The 1st thing new thing is not cheap, but pay cheap for electricity too, just one thing not cooling enough, but you may increase to lower temperature to suit the room cooling condition too, end out you might save a little bit too..

if you wanna grab on the old model will be better offer as well or should wait for new model after launched, then go with the old model will be saving too.. otherwise go with new with 5 ticks energy stars rating to be the saving place.

For me i would go for old model, cause it is reliable and don't have any minor issue at all, new model is away instability.

Last edited by kimsim; 06-09-2015 at 10:12 PM..
Old 08-09-2015, 07:47 PM   #6364

Starmex you should never miss out, if you were searching around it thread for most ppls who ever In higher recommended on ME Starmex only.
The problem is there will be new model to be released by end of the year, this lead me to the concern of the spare parts availability.

And my second concern is on the Easy Clean function - I received feedback that the catch of the thin plate is easy broken when dismantle for cleaning, plus there is sensor in work i.e. once broken there will be trouble for the Air-con functioning and causing extra money for servicing and repairing.

So it leads me to the choice for Fujitsu, and truly appreciate to hear your opinion on this brand. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by master_audio; 08-09-2015 at 07:50 PM..
Old 08-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #6365
Suspended

The problem is there will be new model to be released by end of the year, this lead me to the concern of the spare parts availability.

And my second concern is on the Easy Clean function - I received feedback that the catch of the thin plate is easy broken when dismantle for cleaning, plus there is sensor in work i.e. once broken there will be trouble for the Air-con functioning and causing extra money for servicing and repairing.

So it leads me to the choice for Fujitsu, and truly appreciate to hear your opinion on this brand. Thanks in advance.
Hmm never knew that ME starmex has a issue for catch thin plate broken.

Fujitsu was slightly cheaper, to be concern there is no chance for removable and detectable drain pain for when clean out fan blower as well, you might pay higher maintenance fee to be dismantle down and chemical wash will works.
Even finger also can't slot in to clean out as often.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:32 PM   #6366

Hmm never knew that ME starmex has a issue for catch thin plate broken.

Fujitsu was slightly cheaper, to be concern there is no chance for removable and detectable drain pain for when clean out fan blower as well, you might pay higher maintenance fee to be dismantle down and chemical wash will works.
Even finger also can't slot in to clean out as often.
Thanks for the inputs. Just another quick query - do you know which brand compressor is made in Japan?
Old 08-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #6367
Suspended

Thanks for the inputs. Just another quick query - do you know which brand compressor is made in Japan?
ME starmex compressor still made in japan and assembly in Thailand for packing.

But new models coming soon, not guarantee still made in japan anymore, would be fully made in Thailand to be instead of japan.

Even 4A38 still made in japan fully direct imported.

Last edited by kimsim; 08-09-2015 at 09:22 PM..
Old 08-09-2015, 10:18 PM   #6368
Arch-Supremacy Member

get mitsubishi industry...it's better spec..
Old 08-09-2015, 11:57 PM   #6369

Thanks Kim Sim for the explanation. Is there any guide or site which I can visit to learn more about Air Conditioning?

Which compressor to select and how to calculate the power usage by BTU?
Old 09-09-2015, 12:21 AM   #6370
Suspended

Thanks Kim Sim for the explanation. Is there any guide or site which I can visit to learn more about Air Conditioning?

Which compressor to select and how to calculate the power usage by BTU?
Hmm, like Ah Yi website had minor explaination of room to room such as BTUs.

Like 3x4m standard room size for minimum 8.5k to 10k BTU just mention on standard require only, actually like some Aircon experience they will said for 3x4m room just need 5-6k BTU should be sufficient.

Such as input watt for HDB flats standard requirement on 8.5A = 1900w, like ME Starmex 3A28, 4A28 & 4A38 from factory setting on 8.5A only, unless you adjust the current limitation to 11A or maximum input watts.

For the most higher Amp = more cooling & also faster reaching temperature from the pre-set and archived the setting.

How to knew the higher energy? But from the factory setting at 8.5A is quite save one, unless you going to adjusted the current limitation also set your the temperature keep on 20C so the Aircon will work on 11A = 2350w or Max current = 2850w also higher BTU input for most faster cooling down on wide area, such as living room.

How to know the suitable BTU?
When look for new Aircons such as system 3 don't go for smaller BTUs less than 24k.

Some Aircon brand had system 3 just 20k BTU only, you might get insufficient for turn on 3 room at same time.

So far ME Starmex inverter still don't have under power models yet.
rooftop likes this.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #6371

I was told by Mitsubishi only 38 has label made in Japan, 28 and 48 has no label. True?

ME starmex compressor still made in japan and assembly in Thailand for packing.

But new models coming soon, not guarantee still made in japan anymore, would be fully made in Thailand to be instead of japan.

Even 4A38 still made in japan fully direct imported.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:53 PM   #6372
Suspended

I was told by Mitsubishi only 38 has label made in Japan, 28 and 48 has no label. True?
Yap cause not label meant is assembly and packaged in Thailand only, to be confirm it compressor also made in Japan with mixed parts in Thailand made only.

Would be coming soon new models was fully in Thailand made at all.

Such as 2E20, 3A38 & 4A28 had plenty in most EC at punggol

Last edited by kimsim; 10-09-2015 at 03:58 PM..
Old 10-09-2015, 04:30 PM   #6373

Just got informed my house compressor is spoilt and need to install new aircon
Old 10-09-2015, 10:36 PM   #6374

Guys I totally have no knowledge about air con. I'm renovating my BTO flat next week and will need to source for air con asap. I'm looking to have air con in all 3 rooms plus the living hall (system 4?). Can someone suggest me a brand and model? LG or Mitsubishi? My relatives also mention the need for 2 compressors. But which air con using which compressor also don't know :s

I don't need those super high end one, those average or slightly above average should be fine. Does more tick means more energy efficient (won't drive up electricity bill)?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-09-2015, 11:26 PM   #6375
Suspended

Guys I totally have no knowledge about air con. I'm renovating my BTO flat next week and will need to source for air con asap. I'm looking to have air con in all 3 rooms plus the living hall (system 4?). Can someone suggest me a brand and model? LG or Mitsubishi? My relatives also mention the need for 2 compressors. But which air con using which compressor also don't know :s

I don't need those super high end one, those average or slightly above average should be fine. Does more tick means more energy efficient (won't drive up electricity bill)?

Thanks in advance
For most common user may look at ME Starmex in the 1st place, 2nd go for MHI and then Daikin, follow by Panasonic.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.