Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetherock

Reaction score
I guessed my situation is similar to yours, looking for small height small width aircon to fit into my living room. The sales guy came to my house to do site survey and he insist only toshiba can fit.

Actually Fujitsu, Daikin aircon have small model too, followed by starmex. All these are the dimensions found in the specs sheet.

Not sure this guy is trying to hard sell toshiba or what. When i go courts or best, those guy told me Fujitsu can replaced toshiba small aircon.

Confused now haha.
I had a Toshiba, and fitted a Panasonic. The aircon man said the Daikin will fit too.
He recommended the Panasonic, for a good price to value ratio.

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daikin smile series too ex
Maybe will settle for starmex 2-tick system cos the 5-tick system heard have some noise problem

ahwee1987

Reaction score
I guessed my situation is similar to yours, looking for small height small width aircon to fit into my living room. The sales guy came to my house to do site survey and he insist only toshiba can fit.

Actually Fujitsu, Daikin aircon have small model too, followed by starmex. All these are the dimensions found in the specs sheet.

Not sure this guy is trying to hard sell toshiba or what. When i go courts or best, those guy told me Fujitsu can replaced toshiba small aircon.

Confused now haha.

I got the final quotation from GC,

Toshiba System 2 = $2599
RAS3M20SACV ~ 01 OUT DOOR
2X RASM10SKCV ~ 02 INDOOR
Upgrade Piping = $160 (2x Room)
Bracket = $150
5 year Warranty = $399
And also $100 Discount

So Total =$3209

Now i am thinking to change it to mitsubishi Starmex but the guy insist that only toshiba can fit in the wall or else i have to cut crown molding. Mb you guys here can advise from the picture whether my wall can fit in starmex or not.
IMG-20160920-WA0005_zpsmibk2ezs.jpg.html

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Decided to upgrade materials with 21swg copper and 1/2 insulation at $115. Installation this week. Will post review after installation. Hope they will do a good job
They just finished installation today. 3 man and finished in 4 hours. Friendly and no complains with their installation. Came on time

caniggia

Reaction score
what will be the ideal blower capacity as now i have merge 2 rooms into 1 master room?
Should i go for 1 big capacity or 2 small size combination? Will it be taxing on the compressor if using a 9k btu cooling the whole room even though there are 2 of them but only 1 is running?
Surely power consumption wise a 18k btu will be higher and in an event of breakdown, i do not have the luxury of a 'spare' blower in the room.

ctong1976

Reaction score
Anyone can share their experience on mitsubishi 5 ticks? The air con seller is asking me to avoid it as many problems and cooling time is longer. I'm looking for sys 3 for 4 bedroom setup

fbaptist

Reaction score
Shocking from Gain City!

I am very disappointed as what was installed is not what I ordered! Firstly, I was invited to a members-only exclusive shopping night on 7 Sep 16 at the Sungei Kadut outlet where I ordered an system 1 panasonic aircon CUXS18RKZ-CSXS18RKZ at what I thought was a special member price. I have the hard copy of the Sales order. However, today when they came to install only after I noticed that the remote control looked different from what I saw online did I ask the installer what model he is installing. It was the CUS18PKZ-CSS18PKZW at the same price on the D.O. but was different from my Sales Order! The Sales Person over the phone said that he made a keying mistake and that he was on leave. I feel cheated as I was delivered something I didn't order at a price for the higher version which I ordered! I am thinking of complaining to CASE as I was later told by one of the staff that now the system shows a different version from my printed copy! Obviously someone later went into the system to amend the Sales Order! This is highly unethical or even criminal! Lucky I have my original hard copy with me. I first ordered this almost 16 days ago and no one said anything as if they were hoping I didn't notice. This is highly unethical behaviour and I would like to know what remedies Gain City intend to offer. I asked to speak to someone senior but I still haven't been able to do so. Seems like they are protecting their staff. I expected much better business practices from Gain City.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
I am very disappointed as what was installed is not what I ordered! Firstly, I was invited to a members-only exclusive shopping night on 7 Sep 16 at the Sungei Kadut outlet where I ordered an system 1 panasonic aircon CUXS18RKZ-CSXS18RKZ at what I thought was a special member price. I have the hard copy of the Sales order. However, today when they came to install only after I noticed that the remote control looked different from what I saw online did I ask the installer what model he is installing. It was the CUS18PKZ-CSS18PKZW at the same price on the D.O. but was different from my Sales Order! The Sales Person over the phone said that he made a keying mistake and that he was on leave. I feel cheated as I was delivered something I didn't order at a price for the higher version which I ordered! I am thinking of complaining to CASE as I was later told by one of the staff that now the system shows a different version from my printed copy! Obviously someone later went into the system to amend the Sales Order! This is highly unethical or even criminal! Lucky I have my original hard copy with me. I first ordered this almost 16 days ago and no one said anything as if they were hoping I didn't notice. This is highly unethical behaviour and I would like to know what remedies Gain City intend to offer. I asked to speak to someone senior but I still haven't been able to do so. Seems like they are protecting their staff. I expected much better business practices from Gain City.

I had a very bad experience with GC 2 yrs ago. Bought a washing machine and they told me warranty is 1 yr and if I would be interested in the extended warranty. Can't rem if it's 4yr or 5yr warranty. I bought the extended warranty but when they delivered the washing machine, agent warrant was 2yrs. Next day I went back to the sales guy and he said.... Their extended warranty starts cover from the 2nd yr even if agent cover 2nd yr. They should had told me agent warrant is 2yrs in the first place. Nvr wanted to buy anything from them since

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To YoYoMa88,

I think this 1/2 chemical service should be around $80.

For 3mkd75bvm, you have to find back the same model or get 3mkd75dvm.

SongManKranji

High Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone here tried Hitachi Nano airconditioners if yes pls care to give some review. Tks

terumo

Reaction score
To YoYoMa88,

High gas pressure might be due to
- Gas overcharged.
- Outdoor unit dirty.
- Compressor gas line choked.

Last edited:

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi fellows, may I know if there is water continuously dripping from my FCU at the corner depicted in the illustration, what's going on, & how do I stop it? It's dripping steadily even though I've powered down the aircon (no compressor running).

DmTfUzM.jpg

Just an update:
It turns out the dripping isn't due to any choke in the drainage pipe. There are multiple drainage "channels" in the structure of a FCU (at least for my Daikin model). These channels are responsible for routing the water to the drainage pipe. For my situation, there are cracks in one of my FCU channels & since water always choose the easiest way out, the water begin "exiting" these cracks instead of routing nicely to the drainage pipe's entrance. The cracks are actually quite tiny hence the dripping isn't regular (once the accumulated water drains out via the crack, its water level dips) , & also doesn't occur immediately after powering on the FCU (the accumulated water needs to hit a certain water level before it can seep out the cracks). Here are the photos of the cracks:
t4bVvDi.jpg

911jEnO.jpg

rDBmPxO.jpg

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How old is this FCU?

Natural cracks due to aged plastic or cracked by humans?

Not old, definitely not exceeding 2 years. Aircon servicing personnel suggest during the FCU's relocation (reno), it may have been dropped.

terumo

Reaction score
To ralliart12,

Guess you might need to replace the bottom frame of the unit if not water will seep out from the crack.

xxxjhxxx

Master Member
Reaction score
looking at getting Daikin Smile series... newly launched 5 energy stars. Need some feedback! Anyone got this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.