HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #631
Supremacy Member

thks everyone here for good info & advise

finally got the toshiba sys-3 non-inverter installed last week.. installing aircon with so many furniture inside was really no joke, like a war zone.. :p

so far so good, the 9k BTU unit is okay for my small 3room flat living room. for the FCU in living room, due to the low ceiling and high door, the gas and water pipe is separated into different trunk - the gas trunk goes upwards above the door, the water trunk goes downwards around the room.

one observation so far is that when the MBR FCU is running on 'quiet' mode, i can hear very soft 'whoo whoo' sound coming out from the trunk (can hear it better when i press my ear to the trunk). has anyone experience this before?
is it when u jus on the aircon? does it last very long?

i tink mayb it could be the vibration sound coming from the compressor unit.
Old 27-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #632

Courts Aircon?

Hi all,

Seems like nobody is talking about COURTS aircon? Does anyone buy from Courts? They also have free 5 yrs warranty and some, NTUC vouchers.

Anyone has experience with COURTS aircon installation standard?

For those with existing aircon and upgrading to new aircon, do you let the contractors re-run all the trunking? or keep it as it is in order to "preserve" the wall paint colour/hidden in false ceiling problem etc?

Pls advise.. thanks!
Old 27-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #633
Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Seems like nobody is talking about COURTS aircon? Does anyone buy from Courts? They also have free 5 yrs warranty and some, NTUC vouchers.

Anyone has experience with COURTS aircon installation standard?

For those with existing aircon and upgrading to new aircon, do you let the contractors re-run all the trunking? or keep it as it is in order to "preserve" the wall paint colour/hidden in false ceiling problem etc?

Pls advise.. thanks!
actually it is recommended to change new piping after changing to new aircon..

U can ONLY use back if yr current aircon is using the same refrigerant as the new aircon. example, old one is using R22, so if the new aircon tat u brought is also R22, than can. if the new one is using R410A, than cannot.

as R22 is lower pressure, R410A uses more higher pressure, thus needed thicker copper pipe to withstand the pressure. or else wil hav leak.

so do u mean tat yr current piping is hidden?
Old 27-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #634

actually it is recommended to change new piping after changing to new aircon..

U can ONLY use back if yr current aircon is using the same refrigerant as the new aircon. example, old one is using R22, so if the new aircon tat u brought is also R22, than can. if the new one is using R410A, than cannot.

as R22 is lower pressure, R410A uses more higher pressure, thus needed thicker copper pipe to withstand the pressure. or else wil hav leak.

so do u mean tat yr current piping is hidden?

Hi Chunliang, thks for the advise! Previously I was using Samsung inverter (done by GC). My ID arranged for one pipping to run from MBR toilet across the small passageway direct across to the 2nd bedroom. The pipping was then concealed using one short length of false ceiling (at bedroom hallway entrance) only.

So now we have ordered from COURTS (earlier GC no free 5 yrs warranty and courts has, so cheaper, ordered liao.. now GC has free 5 yrs also, too late) sigh..

Still waiting for COURTS installation comments... very apprehensive.
Old 27-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #635

is it when u jus on the aircon? does it last very long?

i think mayb it could be the vibration sound coming from the compressor unit.
chun liang, ya, suspect the sound is from compressor.. the sound comes out when the aircon is running. sometime stop for a while, guess it is when the compressor stops when the room temperature has reached the preset temperature.

is it due to poor installation or concealing? didnt hear such noise in the old aircon.. maybe the 'Quiet' mode is too quiet and cause this sound to be audible now.

to fellow toshiba fans, do you guys have any similar noise problem?
Old 27-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #636

Smile

thks everyone here for good info & advise
due to the low ceiling and high door, the gas and water pipe is separated into different trunk - the gas trunk goes upwards above the door, the water trunk goes downwards around the room.
Hi Mike, thanks for your sms over weekend. Looking forward to you new aircon .

Hi abba77, may i know, the water trunk run at low level, do you face problem when placing your furniture?
Old 27-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #637
Supremacy Member

Hi Chunliang, thks for the advise! Previously I was using Samsung inverter (done by GC). My ID arranged for one pipping to run from MBR toilet across the small passageway direct across to the 2nd bedroom. The pipping was then concealed using one short length of false ceiling (at bedroom hallway entrance) only.

So now we have ordered from COURTS (earlier GC no free 5 yrs warranty and courts has, so cheaper, ordered liao.. now GC has free 5 yrs also, too late) sigh..

Still waiting for COURTS installation comments... very apprehensive.
Wat aircon u buy from COURTS? Same model?
Old 27-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #638
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi abba77, may i know, the water trunk run at low level, do you face problem when placing your furniture?
Np bro mypj_88, did you get anything over the weekend?
Old 27-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #639
Supremacy Member

chun liang, ya, suspect the sound is from compressor.. the sound comes out when the aircon is running. sometime stop for a while, guess it is when the compressor stops when the room temperature has reached the preset temperature.

is it due to poor installation or concealing? didnt hear such noise in the old aircon.. maybe the 'Quiet' mode is too quiet and cause this sound to be audible now.

to fellow toshiba fans, do you guys have any similar noise problem?
Is the sound like "hmmmm"?

mine also got this sound too when I lie on my bed. Than it wil also stop for some time n got the sound again. But this is normal ba. Cos copper pipe is rigid,so vibration wil travel ba.

My fan speed is auto speed,but the sound is very soft,so don tink wil affect yr slp ba.

Last edited by chunlianghere; 27-07-2009 at 07:07 PM..
Old 27-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #640

The sound might be gas rushing through.
Sometimes, copper pipe slightly bent also will have this sound and will lead to condensation in future.
Condensation (sweating) is with the copper piping and not insulation as many people think.
Old 27-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #641

I was reading this forum and have learnt a lot from so many experts. Need some advice:

I am getting a single unit for my master bedroom. Currently, I am using Mc Quay 12000 BTU. As all my existing trunking / pipings are concealed, i am hoping to replace my air but preserve my trunking - don't like to exposed my trunking. So, I am considering getting a non-inverter cos I heard that it has lesser problem tham inverter. Any recommendation - brand / store? I am considering Dalkin / mitsubishi / sanyo? Which is more reliable and get from which dealer has better deal and good installation service.

Thanks!
Old 27-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #642

guess have to make do.. usually the installer try to put it just above the floor, so can use some furniture like cupboard or bed to cover it a bit.
Old 27-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #643

Is the sound like "hmmmm"?

mine also got this sound too when I lie on my bed. Than it wil also stop for some time n got the sound again. But this is normal ba. Cos copper pipe is rigid,so vibration wil travel ba.

My fan speed is auto speed,but the sound is very soft,so don tink wil affect yr slp ba.
ya.. some soft funny sound, not from the FCU, but can hear it especially when falling asleep.
Old 27-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #644
Supremacy Member

I was reading this forum and have learnt a lot from so many experts. Need some advice:

I am getting a single unit for my master bedroom. Currently, I am using Mc Quay 12000 BTU. As all my existing trunking / pipings are concealed, i am hoping to replace my air but preserve my trunking - don't like to exposed my trunking. So, I am considering getting a non-inverter cos I heard that it has lesser problem tham inverter. Any recommendation - brand / store? I am considering Dalkin / mitsubishi / sanyo? Which is more reliable and get from which dealer has better deal and good installation service.

Thanks!
is yr current one using R22 gas?

from reference from coolserve.com.sg, tink only daikin n mitsubishi hav the one similar to yr current 12,000BTU/hr..

Daikin (R22, 3-ticks)
R35GV1G, 3.74kW Cooling capacity, 1.10 COP, 12,700BTU/hr

Mitshibishi Electric (R22, 3-ticks)
MU-D13VC, 3.63kW Cooling capacity, 1.10 COP, 12,200BTU/hr

so from the above data i also get from NEA, both seems to be the same COP (the higher number the better performance n efficiency). Daikin seems to be the better choice.

hope this helps u..

Last edited by chunlianghere; 27-07-2009 at 09:54 PM..
Old 27-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #645
Supremacy Member

ya.. some soft funny sound, not from the FCU, but can hear it especially when falling asleep.
mayb u check yr condenser unit got bolt to the bracket or not?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.