HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2015, 09:40 PM   #6571

I have an inverter system 3 aircon in my house. recently done a chemical wash on the aircon in my room and gas pumped into the compressor. but on somenights the room will be cold and other nights it will alternate between cold and warm.

does anyone know what's the problem exactly?
Pls advise.

no one here knows why?
Old 28-10-2015, 09:44 PM   #6572
Suspended

no one here knows why?
Temperature thermostat maybe got an issue already, which brand n model?
Old 29-10-2015, 01:16 PM   #6573

Any idea how much will it cost for repair / replace faulty PCB if it was PCB problem?
You can try call Airecontrol as in their website here they do PCB repair.
See item 6 has some price indication.
-- http://www.airecontrol.com/aircon-servicing

Sorry I hv not used them as better to get aircon guy to troubleshoot the actual cause before starting any repairs.
===============================
Old 29-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #6574

Reno contractor need

Hi all,
Need to replaced my current sys 3 non-inverter to sys 4 but there's a need to remove one tv console, cornice and open up a false ceiling in order to lay the pipings for the 2 BR.

Any recommendation for contractor that can perform the above prior to my aircon replacement or is there anyone that can do it all under one roof?
Old 30-10-2015, 09:30 AM   #6575

I have an inverter system 3 aircon in my house. recently done a chemical wash on the aircon in my room and gas pumped into the compressor. but on somenights the room will be cold and other nights it will alternate between cold and warm.

Pls advise.

Mitsubishi Electric
I wasn't home when they did the chemical wash. my parents were but they doesn't know anything. the guy, Raymond is a trusted technician/owner who is highly recommended.

You mention thermostat problem? I don't understand......
Old 30-10-2015, 10:48 AM   #6576
Supremacy Member

Mitsubishi Electric
I wasn't home when they did the chemical wash. my parents were but they doesn't know anything. the guy, Raymond is a trusted technician/owner who is highly recommended.

You mention thermostat problem? I don't understand......
Would suspect thermistor problem. If u r comfortable with DIY, plug out ur thermistor, use a multimeter to measure the resistance. Then try to measure it in different temperature (e.g. in ice water and in room temperature water). If u keep seeing no change or ur multimeter registers open/short circuit, then it is thermistor problem. thermistor very cheap one.

if not then the problem could be elsewhere (e.g PCB board)

Or check the thermistor got attached firmly to the PCB board or not, or if is the wire loose

Last edited by hawthorne; 30-10-2015 at 10:51 AM..
Old 30-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #6577
Suspended

He he recieved my latest bill.
But quite often stay home
Also added 3 units APs and 2 more ventilation fan and also forgot turn off 10k bedroom AC for 8 hrs at least + water storage tank too

Anyway just increased another $20 worth it

Redcon Air likes this.

Last edited by kimsim; 30-10-2015 at 08:19 PM..
Old 30-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #6578
Banned

He he recieved my latest bill.
But quite often stay home
Also added 3 units APs and 2 more ventilation fan and also forgot turn off 10k bedroom AC for 8 hrs at least + water storage tank too

Anyway just increased another $20 worth it

Bills are sometimes based on estimates from previous months usage. You need to assess your next 3 months bills first.
Old 30-10-2015, 10:18 PM   #6579
Suspended

Bills are sometimes based on estimates from previous months usage. You need to assess your next 3 months bills first.
You can see the *meant is a average, they won't wait until 3 mths come a once.

From Oct @ 580 kW/h is consider high already.
We adjusted best on Aug. for the 11A current limitation
Old 31-10-2015, 01:03 AM   #6580
Arch-Supremacy Member

more like under estimated in Sep and compensated in Oct...just divide the 2 months and your bill should be more accurate...
Old 31-10-2015, 05:44 PM   #6581

Pls advise.
How old your aircon? Gas top is often cheat money one. Refrigerant won't go missing even after 10 years. It's piping leak that's why loss of pressure.

You check yourself la. See got sweating or icing issue not etc. or take amp meter see the running current against the manual. dunno just call the technician
Old 01-11-2015, 12:35 AM   #6582
Banned

Do not buy from TRENTIOS portable aircon!

1) Not cold. Only Cold air! (personal opinion)
2) Exorbitant service charge. If you buy from them, don't get them to service. Their service charge is $200+ onwards. Might as well buy another portable aircon if yours spoilt.
Redcon Air likes this.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:15 AM   #6583

I have recently bought a resale unit, and this unit has an EuropAce Inverter sys 3 aircon which is fixed up about a year ago. I will be renovating my unit, and have a couple of question.

1) As the piping and electrical for the aircon is not done up nicely, I am wondering if any aircon company can help to reinstall the units? If so how much would it cost?

2) The other option for me is to replace with a Mitsubishi sys 3 inverter aircon. Are there any aircon company that is willing to take in my current EuropAce (either as a trade in or direct sell off)?

compressor ESAC M321/CU
indoor unit: ESAC C09FC

thanks.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:50 PM   #6584
Master Member

I live in a 4 room HDB flat. Currently have one super old model sanyo air-con (prolly more than 10 years old) that's un-serviceable already.
Now planning to get a new system 2 aircon for masterbed room and 1 room. Can anyone recommend a good company and aircon brand? Very new in this area

Currently got aircon promo here, http://brighthouse.com.sg/index.php?route=common/home

Mitsubishi H.I. 4 ticks. Anyone used this coy before?
Old 01-11-2015, 08:57 PM   #6585

can help me clear some facts?
is 4 ticks means the aircon won't be that cold and take longer to cool the room? was told by sales pple.

and is the armaflex 3/4 good enough for a HDB.

I'm considering between MHI or ME system 2.

MHI i was told made in China 4 ticks
ME is made in Thailand. 3 ticks
and the sales person told me that MHI is harder to repair if there is something wrong.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.