HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #646

Hi chunlianghere, Thanks for your advice. I managed to find out the model of my Mcquay unit. It's MWM015F / MMSD1015A / 12000BTU. Anyway, I assume it is R22 cos it shd be non-inverter as it was installed 5-6 years ago. Don't think inverter was popular then.
May I know why only Daikin and Mitsubishi meet my requirement? I thought that other brand too have 12000 BTU/hr? Sorry, first time replacing air con so want to find out more cos I want to make sure the air con promoter won't any how "bluff" me.
Thanks
Old 27-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #647
Supremacy Member

Hi chunlianghere, Thanks for your advice. I managed to find out the model of my Mcquay unit. It's MWM015F / MMSD1015A / 12000BTU. Anyway, I assume it is R22 cos it shd be non-inverter as it was installed 5-6 years ago. Don't think inverter was popular then.
May I know why only Daikin and Mitsubishi meet my requirement? I thought that other brand too have 12000 BTU/hr? Sorry, first time replacing air con so want to find out more cos I want to make sure the air con promoter won't any how "bluff" me.
Thanks
becos u prefer those brands ma, so tats y i put those brand lo.. actually there is also other brand wit 12,000BTU/hr capacity..

i not promoter la..
Old 28-07-2009, 07:18 AM   #648

Hi, everybody, I got some air-con troubles too. Hope someone can enlighten me.

My house air-con just broke down. I went to Gain City to check around and they advised me to change the whole system including piping if not, in future if anything happened to my piping, it will not be covered under warranty. But my house is all concealed ceiling and the old piping is concealed within cupboards too. Which means that if i let Gian city change piping, it will run outside which makes it unsightly.

So wanted to ask experts here, can I just change the air -con system without changing the piping or is it better to change everything as per Gian city stated.

Btw, my current air is a system 2, inverter. I seldom turn on the air-con. At most twice a month. System broke down cos lightening strike my compressor as claimed by repairman. My house is 6yrs old liao.
Old 28-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #649

Angry

Wat aircon u buy from COURTS? Same model?
Hi, I got a Panasonic system 3 non-inverter e-ion(all panasonic non-inv. has 2 ticks) from COURTS. They have free 5 yrs parts and labour warranty and 2 yrs installation warranty.
There's also $100 NTUC voucher which technically is used to offset the $100 they charge for installation/dismantling.

The previous one was Samsung inverter which died on us at 6th year, PCB burnt no parts for replacement -- chey.

Still thinking whether to change to Toshiba non-inv or Sanyo or not (3 ticks). BTW, GC say Sanyo from China, but Courts say Sanyo from M'sia.

Originally wanted to get sys 2 cos my 3rd bedroom seldom on one. But GC guy say next time want install will need apply for extra powerpoint/testing etc need pay $300+, not worth it. So took sys 3.
Old 28-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #650
Supremacy Member

My house air-con just broke down. I went to Gain City to check around and they advised me to change the whole system including piping if not, in future if anything happened to my piping, it will not be covered under warranty. But my house is all concealed ceiling and the old piping is concealed within cupboards too. Which means that if i let Gian city change piping, it will run outside which makes it unsightly.

So wanted to ask experts here, can I just change the air -con system without changing the piping or is it better to change everything as per Gian city stated.

Btw, my current air is a system 2, inverter. I seldom turn on the air-con. At most twice a month. System broke down cos lightening strike my compressor as claimed by repairman. My house is 6yrs old liao.
if yr previous installation was a well done one, than if u dont wan to change the piping, it shld be alrite to use back..

how come yr compressor wil strike by lightning?
Old 28-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #651
Supremacy Member

Hi, I got a Panasonic system 3 non-inverter e-ion(all panasonic non-inv. has 2 ticks) from COURTS. They have free 5 yrs parts and labour warranty and 2 yrs installation warranty.
There's also $100 NTUC voucher which technically is used to offset the $100 they charge for installation/dismantling.

The previous one was Samsung inverter which died on us at 6th year, PCB burnt no parts for replacement -- chey.

Still thinking whether to change to Toshiba non-inv or Sanyo or not (3 ticks). BTW, GC say Sanyo from China, but Courts say Sanyo from M'sia.

Originally wanted to get sys 2 cos my 3rd bedroom seldom on one. But GC guy say next time want install will need apply for extra powerpoint/testing etc need pay $300+, not worth it. So took sys 3.
i tink its better to get wit 3-ticks..
Old 28-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #652
Master Member

if your current air/con is using R22 gas, then it's better to stick to R22 gas if you wanna reuse the pipes.

if however, you were using R410a gas, then although you can use both R22 or R410a gas, it's still better to stick to the R410a gas.

in short, if you wanna reuse your pipes, you should stick to whatever gas you were using before.

and btw, the lightning strike cause given by the repairman is pretty incredible leh. If lightning did struck your compressor, there would be charred marks minimum.
Old 28-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #653

Sanyo from China. how much u got for the panasonic model?
Old 28-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #654

if yr previous installation was a well done one, than if u dont wan to change the piping, it shld be alrite to use back..

how come yr compressor wil strike by lightning?
Good question, I oso dun kn. It was claimed so by a air con technician. How true it is, I'm also not sure. Cos 1 fine day, the air-con just decided to RIP. Estimated repair charge for the compressor will costs $800 plus, so might as well change, in case after repair, air-con decided to retire early.

Btw, how do i kn if the previous installation was well done? Experts, please advise should I go for the change in piping too?
Old 28-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #655
Supremacy Member

Good question, I oso dun kn. It was claimed so by a air con technician. How true it is, I'm also not sure. Cos 1 fine day, the air-con just decided to RIP. Estimated repair charge for the compressor will costs $800 plus, so might as well change, in case after repair, air-con decided to retire early.

Btw, how do i kn if the previous installation was well done? Experts, please advise should I go for the change in piping too?
how long is yr aircon?

actually it is alrite to use back if yr previous aircon is using the same refrigerant as the new one u brought. as previous post "thesingingbard" said...
Old 29-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #656

how long is yr aircon?

actually it is alrite to use back if yr previous aircon is using the same refrigerant as the new one u brought. as previous post "thesingingbard" said...
Hi chunlianghere, my aircon is 6 years of old. Still can use the old pipes?
Old 29-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #657
Supremacy Member

Hi chunlianghere, my aircon is 6 years of old. Still can use the old pipes?
yeah...can use back. as long as there is no leak problem on yr old aircon n the new one must be using the same gas as new one. (eg. if yr old one is using R410A, than can change to R22 or R410A. but if its R22, than u can only change to R22 one)
Old 29-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #658

Sanyo from China. how much u got for the panasonic model?
Thanks for the info!
Courst - Panasonic CU3C2OJKZ/CS $2099, + free 5 yrs warranty + 2 yrs installation warranty.
$100 NTUC vouchers = used to offset the $100 dismantling fee (GC does not charge as they take back the old aircon for trade-in).
Old 30-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #659

Hi, anybody know how much it cost to relocate fan coil in a room?
Old 31-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #660

Reloaction cost ard $200 - $250. If f0r 9k btu fanc0il.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.