HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2016, 07:51 AM   #6991
Supremacy Member

daikin is good. i have been using for more than 16 years already.

only came in here because of constant leaking from my aircon unit.

sometimes leak when switch on, sometimes also leak when it's off lol

dunno wtf happen.

thinking maybe it's due to old age liao.

looking forward to change to new system 3, i'm also keen in the silver envi too

looking for more reviews before i settle it
Brother, the fancoil leaking is only due to the choke in the drainage piping as it will build up the gel as times goes by so you might want to ask the servicing company to do a check or if you can DIY, you can actually buy the solution by Mckenie to pour down the drainage pipinig.

Most of the times, I do general servicing including the piping choke clearing myself so only approach the servicing company for chemical washing of the coil.

I have been using National or Panasonic now for many years as they have the ionizer built-in so thinking want to change a different brand for a try.
stupidog likes this.
Old 28-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #6992
High Supremacy Member

Hi all, one of my FCU doesn't blows out any air anymore, though the fan is still running even at its highest fan speed.

What could be the problem causing it? Is the FCU faulty as my other two FCUs are still working fine.
Thanks!

Old 28-03-2016, 10:42 AM   #6993
Supremacy Member

Brother, the fancoil leaking is only due to the choke in the drainage piping as it will build up the gel as times goes by so you might want to ask the servicing company to do a check or if you can DIY, you can actually buy the solution by Mckenie to pour down the drainage pipinig.

Most of the times, I do general servicing including the piping choke clearing myself so only approach the servicing company for chemical washing of the coil.

I have been using National or Panasonic now for many years as they have the ionizer built-in so thinking want to change a different brand for a try.
I see, but i've done and asked for servicing a couple of times already, even before cny.

now still leaking even without switching on lol

aiya might as well change to a new system 3

i need them to replace the old pipes to new too.

saw the promo at coolair @ 3500 for envi system 3

dunno worth it or not leh. silver envi or smart envi i dunno which one lol

dunno anything about ac
Old 28-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #6994

Thanks for the breakdown.
Went to GC amk today.
Quoted
Same config as you for tosihba at 4619
Comes with 5 years warranty free with a cap which i can't remember now.
Add 159 to make it unlimited coverage.
Add 150 for bracket
Add 250 for the best installation material.

Total 4619 + 159 + 150 + 250

Think you got a good price.
Now exploring option of Daikin.

Reason for tosihba is
1. Made in Japan. ..except fcu
2. One of the highest btu for sys 4.

I'm in no hurry. ..
2 out of 3 rooms are still working with existing sharp sys 3.... installed 14 yrs ago.
So c c look look now.
Ok all the best as u hunt for the most suitable Aircon, precise!

It's true that I was pretty attracted to Toshiba as its compressors are made in Japan. But I'm not too sure like is it really good..
Old 28-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #6995

anyone has review or tried the daikin hot water system aircon? Exploring that for my new place

or any recommendation? Heard from the aircon service guy that toshiba or mitsubishi are both pretty good brands.
Old 28-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #6996
Supremacy Member

I see, but i've done and asked for servicing a couple of times already, even before cny.

now still leaking even without switching on lol

aiya might as well change to a new system 3

i need them to replace the old pipes to new too.

saw the promo at coolair @ 3500 for envi system 3

dunno worth it or not leh. silver envi or smart envi i dunno which one lol

dunno anything about ac
I see, it depend on where is the leakage and if water is leaking along the piping lines then there maybe a leak in the piping and nothing to do with the Air-con.

If the leakage is on the bottom of the fancoil then it is due to the build up of gel on the drainage piping which cause slow movement of water flowing thru the pipe so water will build up and cause leakage. Maybe the servicing company you approach is not so professional.

For Daikin, get the Silver Envi will do, you must request G22 for the Gas piping and 1/2 inch insulation. Compare a few more companies before deciding.
stupidog likes this.
Old 28-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #6997

Some noob questions here, if I want to get a Mitsubishi Sys 3, which dealer is most reliable?

Some portions of my existing aircon pipes are hidden behind concealed panels, will that increase the cost of installation?
Old 28-03-2016, 05:36 PM   #6998
Supremacy Member

I see, it depend on where is the leakage and if water is leaking along the piping lines then there maybe a leak in the piping and nothing to do with the Air-con.

If the leakage is on the bottom of the fancoil then it is due to the build up of gel on the drainage piping which cause slow movement of water flowing thru the pipe so water will build up and cause leakage. Maybe the servicing company you approach is not so professional.

For Daikin, get the Silver Envi will do, you must request G22 for the Gas piping and 1/2 inch insulation. Compare a few more companies before deciding.
hey bro, can i know what is G22 stands for ?
Old 28-03-2016, 07:27 PM   #6999
Supremacy Member

hey bro, can i know what is G22 stands for ?
G22 or G23 refers to the thickness of the gas piping so G22 is thicker than G23 as the number goes smaller.

Below is the blog page you can read up a bit, I also read up from there which many air-con companies got promotion on free upgrade of gas piping from G23 to G22 like the Daikin ProShop.

Aircon Guru
stupidog likes this.
Old 28-03-2016, 07:52 PM   #7000

Ok all the best as u hunt for the most suitable Aircon, precise!

It's true that I was pretty attracted to Toshiba as its compressors are made in Japan. But I'm not too sure like is it really good..
Just checked with another supplier . He mentioned that Toshiba is good but its design is not suitable for Singapore. Reason being the cooling fins are dense and accumulate dust much faster and can cause choke to drainage if not maintained regularly . Need to visit and validate.
Old 28-03-2016, 08:00 PM   #7001
Master Member

Just checked with another supplier . He mentioned that Toshiba is good but its design is not suitable for Singapore. Reason being the cooling fins are dense and accumulate dust much faster and can cause choke to drainage if not maintained regularly . Need to visit and validate.
How much is the another supplier selling.
Old 28-03-2016, 09:46 PM   #7002

Anyone know where is a good place to purchase Panasonic aircon? Visited Gaincity and they only have the previous model.

Last edited by yamashita; 29-03-2016 at 07:55 AM..
Old 28-03-2016, 10:08 PM   #7003

looking to replace my current aircon at my place, has been 19 years, but haven on the aircon in the past 10 years or so..

looking at mitsubishi starmax sys3 for my home, have 3 rooms. which model should i be looking for?

the price difference between those smaller aircon company and big stores like GC/etc is almost 1k diff..
how much should i be expected to pay with everything installed, changed of pipes and bracket?

some companies charge 2.7k to 2.9k while those big company haven add anything already 3.6k++
INSTOCKS LIST: [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtj6w35cp20ipzd/Instocks.xlsx?dl=0"]CLICK HERE[/URL]
[SIZE="1"]IT'S AN EXCEL FILE WITH 3 SPREADSHEETS[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Old 28-03-2016, 10:11 PM   #7004
Master Member

Anyone know where is a good place to purchase Panasonic CU-XS9RKZ? Visited Gaincity and they only have the previous model - CU-S9PKZ.
Only for system 1? There are some good seller at renotalk can look up at there pm for the price
Old 28-03-2016, 10:13 PM   #7005

Only for system 1?
Looking for a system 1 as the room I am installing for does not share the same outdoor unit as the rest of the rooms.

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.