Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
terumo,

got a few questions for you...

my air-con technician says the pipes to one of my FCUs may be contaminated with air (he showed me the pressure gauge fluctuating) versus others which appears pretty stable. I do 'feel' that the FCU not as cold as the other FCUs, hence the check which led to the technician's comments

apparently it costs few hundreds to vacuum and re-fill the R410a again.

so in your profession advice:

1) would contamination of air into the pipes cause a significant lost in cooling efficiency for that FCU?

2) is it worthwhile to do what the technician suggests? if so, what is the current 'market-rate'?

thanks in advance

terumo

Reaction score
Hi,

When the gas level is unstable or fluctuating, it may be what we call as "Air Lock"

1) This "Air Lock" will affect the cooling efficiency of the unit in question.
2) If R22 gas, it will be cheaper, say $150-$200.
R410a gas cost will be slightly higher by 15-30% which varies from companies to companies.

What i cost is maybe a bit on the high side. +/1 10-20% the market rate.

By the way, what model is your system? Why is there 2 compressors inside one outdoor unit or you have > 1 system?

terumo,

got a few questions for you...

my air-con technician says the pipes to one of my FCUs may be contaminated with air (he showed me the pressure gauge fluctuating) versus others which appears pretty stable. I do 'feel' that the FCU not as cold as the other FCUs, hence the check which led to the technician's comments

apparently it costs few hundreds to vacuum and re-fill the R410a again.

so in your profession advice:

1) would contamination of air into the pipes cause a significant lost in cooling efficiency for that FCU?

2) is it worthwhile to do what the technician suggests? if so, what is the current 'market-rate'?

thanks in advance

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Hii Terumo,

thanks for your reply. yes... i've 3 split systems; hence: 3 outdoor compressors.

one more question if I may: will the said compressor be damaged if this "air lock" situation if left unchecked?

thanks in advance again

Hi,

When the gas level is unstable or fluctuating, it may be what we call as "Air Lock"

1) This "Air Lock" will affect the cooling efficiency of the unit in question.
2) If R22 gas, it will be cheaper, say $150-$200.
R410a gas cost will be slightly higher by 15-30% which varies from companies to companies.

What i cost is maybe a bit on the high side. +/1 10-20% the market rate.

By the way, what model is your system? Why is there 2 compressors inside one outdoor unit or you have > 1 system?

terumo

Reaction score
Operating under "Air lock" condition might shorten the lifespan of the compressor.

Hii Terumo,

thanks for your reply. yes... i've 3 split systems; hence: 3 outdoor compressors.

one more question if I may: will the said compressor be damaged if this "air lock" situation if left unchecked?

thanks in advance again

EastSider

Reaction score
was told that my current 13 amp power point can support MITSUBISHI 12k BTU single split inverter.

This aircon supplier is reputable. is it safe or not? :eek:

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
This system operating amp is around 3-5 amp.
13amp in theory, can support.
But as per electrical guidelines, i am not sure if 13amp is allowed a not, safer to get a 20amp power point.

was told that my current 13 amp power point can support MITSUBISHI 12k BTU single split inverter.

This aircon supplier is reputable. is it safe or not? :eek:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This system operating amp is around 3-5 amp.
13amp in theory, can support.
But as per electrical guidelines, i am not sure if 13amp is allowed a not, safer to get a 20amp power point.

He will need to have a 15A point minimum.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My panasonic inverter having this "Outdoor gas pipe thermistor error". The error is H36.

Normally how much does it cost to replace it? I was quoted $450. Is it too expensive?

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
My ECB started tripping recently and I have isolated the fault to one of the fan coils in my room. Just wondering how likely a technician can pinpoint the problem first time round or is it likely to be a trail and error approach?

It's a Fujitsu system which is about a decade old with no prior problems but I am thinking it's time to get a new one unless it's easy to repair. Anyone have experience with this?

Urbanchap

Reaction score
Cooling capacity - how to interpret?

I'm trying to understand the specs for cooling capacity of air-cons.

Taking this Daikin System2 as example:
Compressor: 3MKS50FSG
2xFCU: FTKS25DVM (2.5kW class) + FTKS35DVM (3.5kW class)

(A) On Daikin brochure, i see the specs solely for the compressor:
Cooling capacity kW Rated (Min/Max) = 4.8 (1.95-7.07)

(B) There's also a separate capacity table that lists the capacity for various combinations of FCUs. For above two FCUs:
Capacity Room A (FTKS25DVM) = 2.08
Capacity Room B (FTKS35DVM) = 2.92
Total (Min-max) = 5.00 (1.88-6.61)

Questions:
1) What does rated, min/max mean and what's the difference betwen the two sets of Rated(Min-Max) figures? For estimating the aircon sizing I need, which figure should I use? :s22:

2) Am I right to say that if I turn on both FCUs, I'm getting just (2.08+2.92 kW) for them, and not (2.5kW+3.5kW)? Similarly, if I just switch only 1 FCU eg FTKS25DVM, only then I get the full power 2.5kW?

3) One Proshop dealer told me this compressor is 24K BTU, while another Proshop dealer told me its 16K BTU. Obviously, the first one used the max kW of specs A, while the second one quoted based on rated kW. Which is correct?

4) I've also been told that I should not turn on both FCUs at the same time as regular practice, as this will unduly stress the compressor. She explained that most people will usually ON the BR aircon or the LR aircon separately since they won't be in both rooms at the same time ie. multi-split aircons are designed to be used that way.
I'm quite surprised. :s13: Is this true?

terumo

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to understand the specs for cooling capacity of air-cons.

Taking this Daikin System2 as example:
Compressor: 3MKS50FSG
2xFCU: FTKS25DVM (2.5kW class) + FTKS35DVM (3.5kW class)

(A) On Daikin brochure, i see the specs solely for the compressor:
Cooling capacity kW Rated (Min/Max) = 4.8 (1.95-7.07)

(B) There's also a separate capacity table that lists the capacity for various combinations of FCUs. For above two FCUs:
Capacity Room A (FTKS25DVM) = 2.08
Capacity Room B (FTKS35DVM) = 2.92
Total (Min-max) = 5.00 (1.88-6.61)

Questions:
1) What does rated, min/max mean and what's the difference betwen the two sets of Rated(Min-Max) figures? For estimating the aircon sizing I need, which figure should I use? :s22:
You take the rated btu of the fancoil to size, FTKS25DVM = 2.5KW = 8530 BTU ~ 9K BTU.

2) Am I right to say that if I turn on both FCUs, I'm getting just (2.08+2.92 kW) for them, and not (2.5kW+3.5kW)? Similarly, if I just switch only 1 FCU eg FTKS25DVM, only then I get the full power 2.5kW?

3) One Proshop dealer told me this compressor is 24K BTU, while another Proshop dealer told me its 16K BTU. Obviously, the first one used the max kW of specs A, while the second one quoted based on rated kW. Which is correct?

4) I've also been told that I should not turn on both FCUs at the same time as regular practice, as this will unduly stress the compressor. She explained that most people will usually ON the BR aircon or the LR aircon separately since they won't be in both rooms at the same time ie. multi-split aircons are designed to be used that way.
I'm quite surprised. :s13: Is this true?

1) 7.07 x 3412 = 24122 btu which is max 24k btu.

2) Yes.

3) Both are correct, depending on which angle you look at things.

4) No. You can on all at the same time, the KW/Btu will be downsized accordingly without any damage to the system.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
Might be the wiring issue or PCB issues.

My ECB started tripping recently and I have isolated the fault to one of the fan coils in my room. Just wondering how likely a technician can pinpoint the problem first time round or is it likely to be a trail and error approach?

It's a Fujitsu system which is about a decade old with no prior problems but I am thinking it's time to get a new one unless it's easy to repair. Anyone have experience with this?

terumo

Reaction score
Hi,

$450 for a single thermistor is overpriced. IMHO.

My panasonic inverter having this "Outdoor gas pipe thermistor error". The error is H36.

Normally how much does it cost to replace it? I was quoted $450. Is it too expensive?

Singaporeans First

Reaction score
Need some Aircon expert advises.

Daikin inverter system 3
Option 1
Indoor Unit: FTKS25DVM (9,000 BTU) x 3 Bedrooms
Outdoor Unit: 3MKS50FSG (20,000 BTU) x 1

Option 2
Outdoor Unit: 3MKS71FSG (24,000 BTU) x 1

- Price of 3MKS71FSG about $200 more
- HDB 5 rooms
- Master Bedroom and 2nd Bedroom aircon running for 4 hours only every night
- 3rd bed room rarely on.

I want to install 3MKS71FSG but wife want 3MKS50FSG (save electric bill).

My question is if only 2 units are running, will 3MKS71FSG (24,000 BTU) be running on same electric bill as 3MKS50FSG (20,000 BTU)?

If same... i would pay the $200 more and get the 3MKS71FSG.

Kind advise would be appreciated!

Last edited:

bonkbonk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow edmwers help needed...

Anyone gotten their aircon via the company directly before like staff rates at Mitsubishi or daikin ?

Did u guys also use the company installation pple or find outside contractor to do?

Thanks in advance

Sent from A Nutshell using GAGT

terumo

Reaction score
If based on 2 units running @ the same time, both outdoor units will consume around the same energy.
If 3 units, 3MKS50FSG will consume more.

Need some Aircon expert advises.

Daikin inverter system 3
Option 1
Outdoor Unit: 3MKS50FSG (20,000 BTU) x 1

Option 2
Outdoor Unit: 3MKS71FSG (24,000 BTU) x 1

- Price of 3MKS71FSG about $200 more
- HDB 5 rooms
- Master Bedroom and 2nd Bedroom aircon running for 4 hours only every night
- 3rd bed room rarely on.

I want to install 3MKS71FSG but wife want 3MKS50FSG (save electric bill).

My question is if only 2 units are running, will 3MKS71FSG (24,000 BTU) be running on same electric bill as 3MKS50FSG (20,000 BTU)?

If same... i would pay the $200 more and get the 3MKS71FSG.

Kind advise would be appreciated!

Singaporeans First

Reaction score
If based on 2 units running @ the same time, both outdoor units will consume around the same energy.
If 3 units, 3MKS50FSG will consume more.

If 3 units running, 3MKS50FSG will consume more?

I thought 3MKS71FSG should consume more energy? Cos it it 24,000 BTU?? 3MKS50FSG max BTU would be 20,000 BTU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.