HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2016, 01:25 AM   #7036
Arch-Supremacy Member

Aron & Ah Boon's customer service is amazing.

I posted this not too long ago:

Anyone knows what are the differences between Daikin Urusara and Envi, including price?

My piping is already done, meant for Starmex 2-tick, supposed to install the fan coils and compressor towards the end of my home's renovation works ... think I can still use this same piping if I decide to switch to Daikin Urusara or Envi?
The above piping work was done by them.

And then I decided to ask Ah Boon on Whatsapp (because he doesn't answer the phone ) about the possibility of changing to either 5-tick Starmex or to Urusara or Envi, or whether I'm stuck with my original choice of 2-tick Starmex.

Msg sent early evening, he read the msg late evening, 2 blue ticks ... no reply.

Next afternoon sent another msg ... "do let me know pls, tks" ... he read it late evening, 2 blue ticks ... no reply.

Srsly? Business so good until don't even want to reply after reading? How to trust their after-sales service when they're already like that before the final sales concluded? I'm wondering if I should just pay them for the piping work already done and find someone else to do the fancoils.
FlushX and WhyNPNT like this.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:10 PM   #7037

Can pM me the quote you received from Toshiba Sys 4? Me too looking at it. So far, the quote I receive is $4149 (no upgrade of piping, inclusive of $200 Cap voucher and no bracket).

Deciding on whether Mit or Toshiba.
hi bro, expo quote was at sgd40xx. what quote did u get? not sure whats the pros for toshiba other than made in japan...
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:28 PM   #7038

hi bro, expo quote was at sgd40xx. what quote did u get? not sure whats the pros for toshiba other than made in japan...
Fron a**B***
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:30 PM   #7039
High Supremacy Member

my Panasonic inverter system 3 just uplorry, cost 2.8K in 2009 only 6+yrs spoil. i use it daily for 2 fcu, another fcu very very low usages, install for song.
the system never give any problem since day 1 then just sudden uplorry.
servicing said condenser/compressor pcb spoil replacement $600+
worth to take the risk repair? later other parts spoil again?
6+yrs can consider short lifespan? i was expecting it to last average 8~10yrs
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:17 PM   #7040
Arch-Supremacy Member

As a follow-up to my previous post, Ah Boon replied this morning. Maybe news of this post got to them ... I won't know ... anyways he said he was on leave last week. I'll take it at face value.

Anyways, I am told that Urusara is single-split only, and Envi fancoils max at 14k BTU. Maybe this was already mentioned in here before but I didn't catch it ... but I guess that explains why some of you doing System 4 with Envi are using the old model fancoil for the living room, and this is something I don't accept.

I probably can't change my order from 2-tick Starmex to the 5-tick either, because my master and living room fancoil positions are cut-out from the false ceiling / L-box and the guys who'd installed the piping made markings meant for a 35-inch long cutout ... the 2-tick fancoils are 31-inches long and the 5-tick fancoils are 36-inches long. I'd probably have to go down to my unit with a measuring tape to see if they did the cut-outs according to the markings or whether they did a standard size cut-out, but chances are slim

I looked up the dimensions of several currently-popular brands' and models' fancoils and found that most are in the 9xx mm region in length. The 2-tick Starmex is pretty small at 798mm in length. If mine breaks down a few years from now and it is discontinued at that time and I need to buy a different brand / model, I think I'm royally F@%#ed

So ... lesson to be learned here ... anyone out there installing your fancoils into a cut-out in your false ceilings / L-boxes, do make sure your cut-outs are at least 1m in length or bigger for future replacement options.

Aron & Ah Boon's customer service is amazing.

I posted this not too long ago:

The above piping work was done by them.

And then I decided to ask Ah Boon on Whatsapp (because he doesn't answer the phone ) about the possibility of changing to either 5-tick Starmex or to Urusara or Envi, or whether I'm stuck with my original choice of 2-tick Starmex.

Msg sent early evening, he read the msg late evening, 2 blue ticks ... no reply.

Next afternoon sent another msg ... "do let me know pls, tks" ... he read it late evening, 2 blue ticks ... no reply.

Srsly? Business so good until don't even want to reply after reading? How to trust their after-sales service when they're already like that before the final sales concluded? I'm wondering if I should just pay them for the piping work already done and find someone else to do the fancoils.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:23 PM   #7041

As a follow-up to my previous post, Ah Boon replied this morning. Maybe news of this post got to them ... I won't know ... anyways he said he was on leave last week. I'll take it at face value.

Anyways, I am told that Urusara is single-split only, and Envi fancoils max at 14k BTU. Maybe this was already mentioned in here before but I didn't catch it ... but I guess that explains why some of you doing System 4 with Envi are using the old model fancoil for the living room, and this is something I don't accept.

I probably can't change my order from 2-tick Starmex to the 5-tick either, because my master and living room fancoil positions are cut-out from the false ceiling / L-box and the guys who'd installed the piping made markings meant for a 35-inch long cutout ... the 2-tick fancoils are 31-inches long and the 5-tick fancoils are 36-inches long. I'd probably have to go down to my unit with a measuring tape to see if they did the cut-outs according to the markings or whether they did a standard size cut-out, but chances are slim

I looked up the dimensions of several currently-popular brands' and models' fancoils and found that most are in the 9xx mm region in length. The 2-tick Starmex is pretty small at 798mm in length. If mine breaks down a few years from now and it is discontinued at that time and I need to buy a different brand / model, I think I'm royally F@%#ed

So ... lesson to be learned here ... anyone out there installing your fancoils into a cut-out in your false ceilings / L-boxes, do make sure your cut-outs are at least 1m in length or bigger for future replacement options.
Maybe you should consider to partially remove the false ceiling and re-do after the aircon installation. I understand the newer aircon needs more headroom allowance for air inflow. The false ceiling will stack up the cost of the aircon project which will definitely remove the constraints you are facing now.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:16 PM   #7042
Arch-Supremacy Member

Maybe you should consider to partially remove the false ceiling and re-do after the aircon installation. I understand the newer aircon needs more headroom allowance for air inflow. The false ceiling will stack up the cost of the aircon project which will definitely remove the constraints you are facing now.
No the thing is the false ceilings and L-boxes are already up and the ceilings have already been painted. And at this time since the Daikin 5-tick models are definitely no-go for me, I'll probably stick to my original order for the 2-tick Starmex even if the cut-out is big enough for the 5-tick model ... I don't expect us to be heavy aircon users (although that can change if we continue to be bombarded with haze not only from Indonesia but from the northern ASEAN countries like what's been going recently), and what I've read is you need about 5 years of heavy usage of the 5-tick Starmex to break-even with the 2-tick model.

As of now, it does not affect me since I'm resigned to sticking with the 2-tick model. It's just the thought of having to redo the cut-out areas in the future if the 2-tick model breaks down years from now and it gets discontinued there are no longer replacements within the existing cut-out size at that time that bothers me.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:44 AM   #7043

Hi all,

Is the following quote reasonable.

Mitsubishi Electric Starmex(5 ticks)
MXY-4G38VA/ 2x9000Btu,1x12000Btu & 1x18000Btu. $5,350

Panasonic(4 ticks)
CU-4XS32RBZ condenser. 2x9000Btu,1x12000Btu & 1x18000Btu. $5,000

Heard that new 5 ticks Starmex is not so stable and the manufacturer had retrieved back several units. Should i go for it or stick to 2 ticks Starmex.

For the same configuration as above got this quote of $4650 for 2ticks starmex.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #7044
High Supremacy Member

any experts can here?
System 3 aircon

Compressor inout from main supply
Live Got current
Neutral No current
Ground No current

Compressor Output to FCU
1st FCU
Live Got current
Neutral No current
Ground No current

2nd and 3rd FCU
Live Got current
Neutral No current
Ground Got current

Individual FCU
all 3 FCU input
Live Got current
Neutral Got current
Ground Got current

Can i confirm the both and Compressor PCB and fcu PCB all uplorry?
Many Thanks for all help.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:59 AM   #7045

any experts can here?
System 3 aircon

Compressor inout from main supply
Live Got current
Neutral No current
Ground No current

Compressor Output to FCU
1st FCU
Live Got current
Neutral No current
Ground No current

2nd and 3rd FCU
Live Got current
Neutral No current
Ground Got current

Individual FCU
all 3 FCU input
Live Got current
Neutral Got current
Ground Got current

Can i confirm the both and Compressor PCB and fcu PCB all uplorry?
Many Thanks for all help.
how u check the current? test pen only?
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:03 AM   #7046

Hi all,

Is the following quote reasonable.

Mitsubishi Electric Starmex(5 ticks)
MXY-4G38VA/ 2x9000Btu,1x12000Btu & 1x18000Btu. $5,350

Panasonic(4 ticks)
CU-4XS32RBZ condenser. 2x9000Btu,1x12000Btu & 1x18000Btu. $5,000

Heard that new 5 ticks Starmex is not so stable and the manufacturer had retrieved back several units. Should i go for it or stick to 2 ticks Starmex.

For the same configuration as above got this quote of $4650 for 2ticks starmex.
better stick to old model.. more reliable... new model hv 5 ticks but less cooling power... less cooling power = less energy consumption...
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:26 AM   #7047
High Supremacy Member

how u check the current? test pen only?
ya, test pen only
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #7048

To cannotliao

I suspect your wiring between compressor and fcu broken/shorted.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:50 PM   #7049

I have no idea what Aircon is good. I know one thing for sure. The LG Artcool gave me nightmares. The blower thing got spoilt and took almost 3 months get new parts.
First, like to thank this thread for the aircon info I got here last year.

I installed Mitsubishi Heavy System3 last Apr and happy with it. (~$2,880). From what I talked to installer, he told me that you will not go wrong with any of those "reliable" brand. Dun go for those China, local brand that use Japanese compressor or newly established Korean ones.

Reliable brand like Mitsubishi, Toshiba, Daikin tend to be better choices.

My Mitsubishi(MHI) came with a auto clean function which claim to save cleaning cost, but I have yet to use it since installed last year
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #7050

I have no idea what Aircon is good. I know one thing for sure. The LG Artcool gave me nightmares. The blower thing got spoilt and took almost 3 months get new parts.

Now that i'm buying a resale unit, first thing i'm gonna do is to replace the old Aircon which look like from the 70's

Went to G*** C*** in IMM and was quoted as below. Don't know if this is a good price and if they are trustworthy.

System 3
Mitsubishi MXY-3G28VA 5 TICK
Indoor Unit - MSXY-FJ (2x9000 BTU + 1x12000 BTU)

S$ 3759

System 2
Mitsubishi MXY-3G28VA 5 TICK
Indoor Unit - MSXY-FJ (1x12000 BTU + 1x18000 BTU)

S$ 3159

1/2 inch copper G22 - S$300
Extended warranty 1+4 years System 3 - S$129
Extended warranty 1+4 years System 2 - S$99
50Ft Piping FOC per fan coil. Excess us 4.50/ft for 9K/12K BTU and 7.50/ft for 18K+ BTU

===========================================
Other Offer I received was as below:

Mitsubishi New Starmex system 2 - $3000

MXY3G28/MSXYFJ10/MSXYFJ18

Mitsubishi New Starmex system 3 - $3450

MXY3G28/MSXYFJ10 x 2 /MSXYFJ13

Standard piping materials without upgrade
1. 16mm pvc drainage pipe with 1/4 inch thickness armaflex insulation.
2. 23g copper pipe with 1/2 inch thickness Class “1” armaflex insulation.
3. Keystone/Sigma 3 core 40 & 70 wire.
4. Stainless steel bracket is additional $150 nett with installation if necessary.

Warranty
1. Compressor 5 year (Dealer warranty)
2. Other parts 1 year (Dealer warranty)
3. Workmanship 5 year (Installer warranty)
1st year to 5th year will be warranty piping and wiring but not included insulation sweating.
Insulation only warranty for 1st year.

April 2016 Package
** Free Site Survey
** Free 2 trip installation
** Free upgrade to G22 copper pipe (Thickness and Hardness gas piping)
** Free upgrade to Class “O” half inch Armaflex Insulation. (Fire protection quality)
** Free Unlimited piping length
** Free dismantle and disposal old set aircon
** One time ac-hoc general servicing with special rate for no units of install within 1 year- $15 per unit.
** One time ac-hoc chemical overhaul with special rate for no units of install within 2 year- 30% discount
per unit (Price different base on BTU)
** No hidden cost (Nett Price)
Hi Appled, is it ok to share where your 2nd offer from? I am looking for the same aircon.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.