Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zened88

Reaction score
24k btu is just just nice.

If you wish to cool down faster, can get 18k + 12k instead.

cheers!

Also, with a 24k + 3 x 9k set up I guess its preferable to get a 38k compressor instead of a 27k compressor?

Thanks once again!

jas663

Reaction score
I intend to change my 10yr old starmex, do I need to change the trunking?
I heard from a few contractors saying the new starmex is not good, not stable yet.... Is it true?

Thank you

nicholasmong

Reaction score
based on your requirement, nat aire 1x12k,2x9kbtu + LG A4VQ26FA0 = $2896 (3 tick /29k btu) can be gotten at only $2628 if u search hard enuff. (only $100 voucher but can reduce further price with a $100 coupon - $2528 - $100 voucher =$2428) :D

and yes 24mths UOB cc 0% installment at no charges too.

just found a way to get another 3% (75$) off the price.

Old post I know but which installer is this?

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, my regular Aircon service contract just quoted me $180 to test a set of piping. is it reasonable?

he used to charge me $100 to change the faulty electrical cable for my Aircon, which I felt was very expensive.

Can get a aircon contractor to do a pressure test.

d9_lives

Reaction score
Hi,

1) System 3 is a good option.
2) 3-5 ticks
3) 3MKS50 + 25 X 2 + 35
4) Best to leave it exposed.

Hi Terumo and all,
I finally ready to make the purchase but i am confused as some shops state 3mks50Fsg and the other states 3mks50Efg. Why this difference? F or E is the better one?

This model is 4 ticks vs. smile 5 ticks yet the energy cost/annum is similar. The price difference is 600-700. Why is this 4 ticks so cheap?

I got the offer of 2.9k for the 3mks50fsg that is inc.of swg22, drainage pipe 16mm, armaflex class 0 1/2, cables and 2 trip installation. My ID's aircon supllier. What do u think of this price?

Last edited:

Icekachangman

Reaction score
bro, my regular Aircon service contract just quoted me $180 to test a set of piping. is it reasonable?

he used to charge me $100 to change the faulty electrical cable for my Aircon, which I felt was very expensive.

Hi bro,

your $180 pipe pressure test is for all rooms?

FYI, Coolserve quote me $588.50 for 4 pipping (3 bedroom and 1 hall) !!!

Any bros has cheaper alternative? Thks.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no bro, 1 set meaning 1 set of pipes running from compressor to FCU.

Hi bro,

cheongking888

Reaction score
Hi

I am thinkingto change my old 5 FCU and 3 ACU (about 12 year-old) in my old condo as they seem like going to koyak soon.

Just got a quote at $8k for 2 ACU (daikin 80 smile series 5 ticks) and 5 FCU (9+9+12+18+18) including new pipings plus upgrading of materials, open up and make good false ceiling. But no installation of new drain pipe.

I am a bit concerned of reusing the old drain pipe as it may be choked up after so many years of useage. However, the installer said the drain pipes are all hidden in the wall and run underneath the floor tiles. Hence they can only flash the drain pipe to clear any potential blockage.

Anyone can give me suggestion of how to test the leakage in the drain pipe? I am not thinking of exposing new drain pipe but thinking of flashing and testing the old drain pipe for leakage. If after the test and confirm the old drain pipe is leaking, then bo pian have to think of other solution.

mund9393

Reaction score
Recommendations to shops and aircon brand 2017

Hi,

I've been looking at this thread, and would like to get an update recently for any recommended shops to purchase, install, and brands for aircon? I'm living in a HDB. I need it for 3 units.

Thank you

:)

-jojo-

Reaction score
Dear all, may I know which is better, SWG 22 or G23 copper piping?

And any review on Air Connection and Cool World Aircon?

The price they quoted me is pretty much the same so want to know which provides a better after sales service.

Thanks in advance!

terumo

Reaction score
$180 quite reasonable but if just one set, might as well forgo the test & replace the piping direct.

$100 for one set of cable is quite cheap as per market standard.

terumo

Reaction score
SWG 22 is 0.71mm thick.
SWG 23 is 0.61mm thick.

SWG 22 is better.

Dear all, may I know which is better, SWG 22 or G23 copper piping?

And any review on Air Connection and Cool World Aircon?

The price they quoted me is pretty much the same so want to know which provides a better after sales service.

Thanks in advance!

terumo

Reaction score
For condo,

Usually quite hard to change the concealed drainage pipes unless you are hacking your toilets too as the hidden in the walls & under the tiles (as per what your installer mentioned).
Unless you don't mind exposed drainage pipes.
The installer will vacuum the pipes and pour water to test the water flow to ensure its in good condition.

Hi

I am thinkingto change my old 5 FCU and 3 ACU (about 12 year-old) in my old condo as they seem like going to koyak soon.

Just got a quote at $8k for 2 ACU (daikin 80 smile series 5 ticks) and 5 FCU (9+9+12+18+18) including new pipings plus upgrading of materials, open up and make good false ceiling. But no installation of new drain pipe.

I am a bit concerned of reusing the old drain pipe as it may be choked up after so many years of useage. However, the installer said the drain pipes are all hidden in the wall and run underneath the floor tiles. Hence they can only flash the drain pipe to clear any potential blockage.

Anyone can give me suggestion of how to test the leakage in the drain pipe? I am not thinking of exposing new drain pipe but thinking of flashing and testing the old drain pipe for leakage. If after the test and confirm the old drain pipe is leaking, then bo pian have to think of other solution.

terumo

Reaction score
There is no new ESG model in stock currently which is an old model.
To my knowledge, now is 3mks50fsg (4 ticks model), the improved new model compared to 3mks50esg.

4 ticks btu is 24k, 5 ticks is 34k, thus the price difference.
24k is suitable if you seldom use all 3 at the same time, if you do, the only drawback is that it takes a longer time to cool down only.

Hi Terumo and all,
I finally ready to make the purchase but i am confused as some shops state 3mks50Fsg and the other states 3mks50Efg. Why this difference? F or E is the better one?

This model is 4 ticks vs. smile 5 ticks yet the energy cost/annum is similar. The price difference is 600-700. Why is this 4 ticks so cheap?

I got the offer of 2.9k for the 3mks50fsg that is inc.of swg22, drainage pipe 16mm, armaflex class 0 1/2, cables and 2 trip installation. My ID's aircon supllier. What do u think of this price?

terumo

Reaction score
Hi,

$500+ is a bit on the high side.
For system 4 piping, pricing should be around ~$400.

Hi bro,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.