HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2016, 10:18 PM   #7156
Master Member

Yeah! 2,600 inclusive of everything. Sounds like a good deal right.
Yup seems good, u can get quote from other sellers also to compare.
Old 21-04-2016, 02:40 AM   #7157

Why I ask qns for over 2 weeks, nobody reply. I'm so sad. Just like to find a good aircon installation company to install 2 aircon for 2 bedrooms, anyone have any suggestions?

For online I found Jex Aircon and Cool World Aircon, anyone use their services b4, care to share? I saw good and bad reviews for gain city so I think its heng suay one.

Aircon I'm looking at:

Starmex(5 ticks)
MXY2G20VA
MSXY-FJ10VE x 2(9000)
base on both website u given. Look like cool world is better because Jex never show model. Pls take note same brand got different model and some not very energy saving for cheaper model. I looking at R32 freon model but only single spilt unit at this moment.

recently also called hybrid using solar power, he said their 12000 btu is more energy saving then inverter 9000btu . how many ppl installed solar air con in hdb?
Old 21-04-2016, 02:46 AM   #7158

Dun ever get from Gain City to save headache n heartaches. Last yr i got from gain city n took leave for the installation. The ppl were late n i called up instead of the ops side calling me n say maybe tmr can do. They nv came. Next day they came n did a horrible trunking job and say its not possible to do it better. Today my neighbour was installing aircon from gain city as well. Instead of putting everything at the space of the neighbours corridor they placed everything in front of my house. I asked the teachnician whether they will mk sure its clean after which they say yes. when i left my house i saw cuts on my outside floor n they cut their planks n trunking outside. I asked the technicians n they say it always happen n that if i do not want the things outside my house i shud put up signages. Wtf?
under warrentee, when their piping work leak, they came many times and can't solve the problem which they can't find the issue. end up they give up and by push the blame on said that the installation is not done by them, is another contractor although is under same main con " Gain City". End up i had to change new air con within 1 year. Luckily is company paid or else i will vomit blood.
Old 21-04-2016, 02:51 AM   #7159

i ask around all Quote me 3100-3300 for Star Max system 3....
then they say last time 4ticks. then now become 2 ticks. ? should be the GE10VA model...
yes, the standard has change. So look very carefully on the model. SAME BRAND got different model. I kena quote a bit cheaper but is old model and only 3 tick instead the showroom show 4 tick and some five tick. Those 5 tick is expensive model. They will try to clear 3 ticks air con.
So beware.

If can wait, R32 is coming out more better energy saving and currently only single spilt

I looking for ppl had installed solar powered air con. The shop said they done HDB before. anyone?
Old 21-04-2016, 02:56 AM   #7160

Hi guys!

I'm looking to do a new installation for my 3rm flat. Daikin is currently having extended warranty so I'm probably going with that.

Daikin Inverter Aircon System 2
3MKS50FSG
FTKS25DVM x 2 (9,000 BTU)

The totally installation cost, bracket.. etc amounts up to $2,600. You guys reckon this is a good deal?

I was initially looking at the Starmex range, but that's additional $300-400, I think.
normally is piping issue and seldom air con itself got problem withtin 3 years.
15 year ago, when i checking leaking for copper pipe for air con, we already used digital meter. Until now, none of them using meter, they still either used soap to see bubble or dangerous version = flame. so call Pro installer/maintenance , no money to buy meter.

* my job dealing with many contractors because my job is building facitilies management. So many many kind of contractors. I was lucky to get this job as i learn a lot from good and lousy contractors, whereby learn and get their experience is like paid by my company for contractors mistake. If they do my house, some i will vomit blood or i might better jump down..... lol

Last edited by letdoit; 21-04-2016 at 03:02 AM..
Old 21-04-2016, 03:29 AM   #7161

To Boeing101,

The materials used are of good specs.
But price a bit on the high, maybe due to good quality of labour & materials.
look for quality and experience installer they have. extra $$ will save your headache.
Unit won't give issue. during installing, I will check their tool which brand they using if come to me.

For example if they using lousy tubing bender, u will see the pipe will wrinkles or slippage marks. also take note what type of cable . Anyway they will PVC insulated wire ( cheaper) for them. 2.5sqm cable and above ( at least). some they cheating using 1.5sqm wire.
Old 21-04-2016, 09:32 AM   #7162

yes, the standard has change. So look very carefully on the model. SAME BRAND got different model. I kena quote a bit cheaper but is old model and only 3 tick instead the showroom show 4 tick and some five tick. Those 5 tick is expensive model. They will try to clear 3 ticks air con.
So beware.

If can wait, R32 is coming out more better energy saving and currently only single spilt

I looking for ppl had installed solar powered air con. The shop said they done HDB before. anyone?
I'm looking at Daikin Envi Series and Urusara 7...in term of price Envi Series is more affordable while the Urusara 7 is drop jaw and given it is so complex, come problem when parts fail.
Old 21-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #7163

Need to replace my system 2 aircon in my apartment. Any shop to recommend? Went to GC and was quoted 3600 for replacing n replacing the piping etc. Called cool world and was told they don't do pte apt only do hdb.
Old 21-04-2016, 10:23 AM   #7164
Supremacy Member

Need to replace my system 2 aircon in my apartment. Any shop to recommend? Went to GC and was quoted 3600 for replacing n replacing the piping etc. Called cool world and was told they don't do pte apt only do hdb.
going to check passionair personally if the servicing guy from astiquer can't solve my problem
Old 21-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #7165
Arch-Supremacy Member

I new to aircon. Any recommendations for 3 rm flats?? Gd to buy in harvery norman??
Old 21-04-2016, 10:50 AM   #7166

look for quality and experience installer they have. extra $$ will save your headache.
Unit won't give issue. during installing, I will check their tool which brand they using if come to me.

For example if they using lousy tubing bender, u will see the pipe will wrinkles or slippage marks. also take note what type of cable . Anyway they will PVC insulated wire ( cheaper) for them. 2.5sqm cable and above ( at least). some they cheating using 1.5sqm wire.
Ya, coolserve sales told me they send a team that got lot of compliments from customers to install for me. I think it is 2 persons.
Will update all after installation. See their so call compliment team is really how good?
Old 21-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #7167

For outsider, actually installers skill good or not good we can only wait for few mth or even yr then know.
Only insider can know their skill on the spot.

I think its better to take ton of photo to backup my claim just in case. From the unpack equipment to how they connect each pipe from one to another and how they bent the pipe.
Old 21-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #7168

On second thoughts. I might be getting Mitsubishi Heavy instead of Daikin, which is slightly cheaper and seems lighter on electricity bills. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking to go with Newway or Cool World. Do any of you have comments on those companies?
Old 21-04-2016, 07:34 PM   #7169

For Daikin got 4MKS80ESG and 4MKS80FSG.
Which is better?
Old 21-04-2016, 11:08 PM   #7170

F - is the newer model with 3 ticks.
I think after looking at spec, the new model less powerful leh.
I think the new model 4MKS80FSG with this combination indoor unit:
2 x FTKS 25
1 x FTKS 35
1 x FTKS 71

is less powerful than 4MKS80ESG with this combination indoor unit:
2 x FTKS 25
1 x FTKS 35
1 x FTKS 50

I mean when all room are turn on at same time, the older compressor unit is able to provide each room with higher cooling power.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by Boeing101; 22-04-2016 at 12:28 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.