HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #706

hmmm? asking or reccommending? seriously speaking.. there all so many brands tt has inverter.. and specs r all different... n everywhere i go i hear different things. i'm so confused. *peng
Old 17-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #707
Supremacy Member

to many brands out there, different would be the functions it hav, total BTU, current(amp/watt) it consume.. so in your case, for system 2, jus get total compressor around 18,000BTU.. so tat it is used jus nice n not consume extra current jus becos of extra BTU..
Old 17-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #708
Supremacy Member

I asked Hong Tar and this is what they quote me...

Optional 1

Item Scope of Work - Inverter Amount

[1] To supply and install one set of “Mitsubishi Electric” (R410 Gas) 25,590BTU multi split $2,300.00

inverter aircon, M/N: MXY2E20 / MSXYGA10 x 2 – low stock, need to check (c/w bracket)

[2] To supply and install one set of “Mitsubishi Heavy” (R410 Gas) 25,590 BTU multi split $2,170.00

inverter aircon, M/N: SCM45 / SKM28 x 2 (c/w bracket)

[3] To supply and install one set of “Panasonic” (R410 Gas) 19,100 BTU multi split inverter aircon, $2,320.00

M/N: CU2S18JKZ / CSS9JKZW x2 (c/w bracket)

Optional 2

Item Scope of Work – Non-Inverter Amount

[1] To supply and install one set of “Mitsubishi Electric” (R410 Gas) 18,254BTU multi split $1,900.00

non-inverter aircon, M/N: MUX3BD23 / MSB10 x 2 – no stock, need to check (c/w bracket)

[2] To supply and install one set of “Mitsubishi Electric” (R22 Gas) 16,378BTU multi split $1,770.00

non-inverter aircon, M/N: MUX3D23 / MSA10 x 2 – lno stock, need to check (c/w bracket)

[3] To supply and install one set of “Panasonic” (R22 Gas) 18,000 BTU multi split non-inverter $1,750.00

aircon,M/N: CU2C18JKZ / CSC9JKZw x2 (c/w bracket)

[4] To supply and install one set of “LG” (R22 Gas) 18,000 BTU multi split non-inverter $1,570.00

aircon,M/N: H2UC186 / HMNC096D x2 (c/w bracket)

To supply and install the air-conditioners in surface mount with standard one roll of G23 copper pipe, 1/2” thick Class “O” thermaflex insulation for indoor unit and Class “1” black rubber insulation for outdoor unit, 16mm pvc pipe, pvc trunking, stainless steel bracket and cable.

alrite, doing some simple cut n paste..

lets look at the Inverters,

-among the 3, ME seems to be the higher cooling capacity, COP, part load COP. (higher COP r better)
-but than if u c the total BTU of ME n MHI, they r the same.
-MHI hav lower energy consumption and energy cost.
-take note at the part load, ME is more lower consumption n energy cost than MHI.

so in this case, ME is better becos of the higher COP stated, n the time taken to cool the room wil be shorter, thus full load wil be shorter too, becos of higher cooling capacity(BTU) also.

look at non-inverters,

-from the Green Ticks stated, obviously LG is the winner.

LASTLY, it depends on your own decision, functions of different brands, model.

some important things to note also is tat, to hav either FAN mode, or it wil auto turn on fan for sometime after u press "off" on the remote control. this is to prevent bacteria, mould, bad smell from occurring..

Last edited by chunlianghere; 17-08-2009 at 04:43 PM..
Old 17-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #709

woah... thank you!!! the info is very useful... appreciate your assistance... =D

But the fact that now there isnt "free" extended warranty for the inverters... i'm worried...
and the sound... i mean noise... how can i check if the aircon makes alot of noisE?

Last edited by Chunman; 17-08-2009 at 05:18 PM..
Old 17-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #710
Arch-Supremacy Member

some important things to note also is tat, to hav either FAN mode, or it wil auto turn on fan for sometime after u press "off" on the remote control. this is to prevent bacteria, mould, bad smell from occurring..
This FAN feature, we have to turn it on manually after we finish using Aircon to prevent bacteria, mould, bad odour etc2?
If yes, how long do we need to turn on the FAN?

Or there is Aircon there out in market that do this automatically, let say:
- Put Off-Timer at 03:00AM
- After it went Off, it switch on FAN for 15-20mins?

Hmm.. new stuff again.
Old 17-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #711

For system 1, only MHI and Daikin have auto fan drying mode. Daikin will fan dry for 1 hour, and MHI will fan drying for 2 hours after u switch off the aircon, all automatically. Other brands like ME, Panasonic dun have this feature, not too sure about Toshiba
Old 17-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #712
Supremacy Member

woah... thank you!!! the info is very useful... appreciate your assistance... =D

But the fact that now there isnt "free" extended warranty for the inverters... i'm worried...
and the sound... i mean noise... how can i check if the aircon makes alot of noisE?
u mean the sound level? u can check it out at coolserve.com.sg. than look for the model lor. it is stated under sound level, XXdB..

but i tink u no need to worry abt the noise created. its very soft..
Old 17-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #713
Supremacy Member

This FAN feature, we have to turn it on manually after we finish using Aircon to prevent bacteria, mould, bad odour etc2?
If yes, how long do we need to turn on the FAN?

Or there is Aircon there out in market that do this automatically, let say:
- Put Off-Timer at 03:00AM
- After it went Off, it switch on FAN for 15-20mins?

Hmm.. new stuff again.
around 30mins wit full fan speed.

yup. there is. like Toshiba, 20mins of fan operation after turn off, it is automatic. many other brand also hav..
Old 17-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #714
Supremacy Member

For system 1, only MHI and Daikin have auto fan drying mode. Daikin will fan dry for 1 hour, and MHI will fan drying for 2 hours after u switch off the aircon, all automatically. Other brands like ME, Panasonic dun have this feature, not too sure about Toshiba
oh...ic. only system 1 hav.

yes, Toshiba hav!
Old 17-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #715

1 coil of piping usually not enough for sys 2 usually. U need to top up $ on site when they come for installation on yr day. Yrs 3 room hdb flat?
Old 17-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #716

hi chunliang

I only done research on 8500Btu System 1 split aircon, so i know that Panasonic and ME dun have the dryer on their sys 1 FC unit. I assume MHI and DAikin Should have the dryer on all their sys 2/3/4 as a standard feature, since they have it on their 8.5k Btu units.

One other feature that i wanted is the Left/Right Direction Flap control which only MHI Sys 1 but the rest like Daikin/ME/Panasonic do not have. However, ME have this feature on their higher BTU split( ME have it on their higher BTU FC unit- can't remember if it was 18k or 24k Btu FC units)

Last edited by vsml; 17-08-2009 at 10:51 PM..
Old 17-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #717

alrite, doing some simple cut n paste..

lets look at the Inverters,

-among the 3, ME seems to be the higher cooling capacity, COP, part load COP. (higher COP r better)
-but than if u c the total BTU of ME n MHI, they r the same.
-MHI hav lower energy consumption and energy cost.
-take note at the part load, ME is more lower consumption n energy cost than MHI.

so in this case, ME is better becos of the higher COP stated, n the time taken to cool the room wil be shorter, thus full load wil be shorter too, becos of higher cooling capacity(BTU) also.
So should we select based on higher COP or Lower Power Consumption? eg. ME has higher COP but MHI has lower power Consumption? (how come these two value are not consistent? i.e Higher COP should have lower power consumption?)
Old 17-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #718
Supremacy Member

So should we select based on higher COP or Lower Power Consumption? eg. ME has higher COP but MHI has lower power Consumption? (how come these two value are not consistent? i.e Higher COP should have lower power consumption?)
to wat i tink, its better to go for higher COP.

becos as u c, sometimes we turn on aircon rite, we wan it to cool the room faster, as well as efficiency. but since after it reach it temperature, it wil be on part load for the rest of the nite, thus ME is lower than MHI on part load which is gd.

sometimes got to also depends on system-X u wan. Example: if wan get system 2, each fcu can only take 9000BTU. but the total compressor BTU is 25590. so no point getting tat xtra more BTU but nv use tat much, n also payin more for it.

so hav to look out for many factors also.

but than(TO Chunman) there is a mistake, MHI SCM45 on coolserve.com.sg stated BTU is 14139. Chunman, can u double check?
Old 17-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #719
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hmm.. is all Daikin aircon has this feature? Hmm.. Time to read the manual now
Old 18-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #720
Supremacy Member

Hmm.. is all Daikin aircon has this feature? Hmm.. Time to read the manual now
nope, i dont tink all model hav. only FTKS25/35 model ba. tat is y 8,500BTU model hav.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.