Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asus80

Reaction score
I'm planning to get a new aircon to replace my old aircon. Currently using a non inverter aircon.
There are no leaks for pipes and cables.

If I were to replace with a new inverter setup, can the pipes be reused?

Shortlisted Toshiba and Panasonic system 3. Salesman said Toshiba system 3 compressor is made in Thailand. How true is that?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries & Mitsubishi Starmex also made in Thailand

my just install on last thursday system 3 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (3 Ticks) + free upgrade from 9,000BTU to 12,000BTU

shadow99er

Reaction score
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries & Mitsubishi Starmex also made in Thailand

my just install on last thursday system 3 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (3 Ticks) + free upgrade from 9,000BTU to 12,000BTU

Which model is that? How much did u pay?

Chuck Norris

Master Member
Reaction score
22 SWG copper pipe more better

System 3
01 unit - MXY-3A28VA (30,366BTU)
03 unit - MSY-GE10VA (9000BTU)

only $2650

go to facebook find Jex Aircon

https://scontent.fsin2-1.fna.fbcdn....84058_6071125774375_5464627336131379200_n.jpg

For the System 3, IMM one shop A*** selling 2699 nett with similar configurtion.
except AMAflex is class 0 insulation ( class 0 is better than Class 1 ).
go for it if you OK with the workmanship for that shop ( see online forum comment).

Personally, I Just changed the 12 Years old system 3 Fujitsu air-con to the new Mitsubishi system 3 (2 ticks) one and installed yesterday. both are get from that shop.

My 12 years old Air-con never give me problem until last year it need top up gas one time. but recently it shows the sign of the gas no more again, so I reckon there must have leak somewhere in the system. after considering the repair cost, the age of the air-con and old non inverted compressor, I decided to get the new system 3.

Which model is that? How much did u pay?

Thanks for the replies guys, but can I ask what's the difference between both the 22/23 SWG copper and Amaflex grade 0/1? Will either one affect the maintenance costs in the long run or the lifespan of the aircon?

Chedar

Reaction score
Which brand is more reliable? Cos most of us will not like to change aircon every now and then.
So, i think reliability is very important.

Just had Daikin 5-ticks Smile series installed against recommendations from my AC installer and friends ... and has issue since day 1 - condensation appears on the study room unit which i don't turn On overnight and dripping on my laminate floor every morning.

Reported issue to Daikin and their technician came down (and I took leaves) twice but still couldn't resolve the issue till date. Issue was diagnosed to be faulty main motherboard or faulty valve of the brand new outdoor unit but technician seems unfamiliar how to proceed. When I asked further, he explained that his experience in this 5-ticks series is limited as not many people install them. He was even trying to convince me that issue was resolved on the second visit by just doing some self-testings, but I disagreed cos I could already tell from the symptoms. When I insisted he do something, he told me he didn't have the parts again and may need to do welding on my brand new compressor unit to further confirm the issue. Had no choice but to let him go (and wasted my 2 days leaves for nothing). True enough, condensation started 1 hour after he left. So issue still exist to date after 1 week since installation. I'm calling and sending a complaint to Daikin tomorrow!

So reliability is important indeed but after-sales support and technician capability are also very important, which for Daikin case ... well, you judge for yourself.

terumo

Reaction score
Toshiba latest model is made in Thailand, previous model is made in Japan.

I'm planning to get a new aircon to replace my old aircon. Currently using a non inverter aircon.
There are no leaks for pipes and cables.

If I were to replace with a new inverter setup, can the pipes be reused?

Shortlisted Toshiba and Panasonic system 3. Salesman said Toshiba system 3 compressor is made in Thailand. How true is that?

terumo

Reaction score
SWG 22 is thicker then SWG 23.
Class 0 is better then Class 1.

Thanks for the replies guys, but can I ask what's the difference between both the 22/23 SWG copper and Amaflex grade 0/1? Will either one affect the maintenance costs in the long run or the lifespan of the aircon?

shadow99er

Reaction score
Toshiba latest model is made in Thailand, previous model is made in Japan.

Yes not sure if it's reliability. Most repairmen I spoke to recommend Mitsubishi Starmex or Daikin. However Starmex is 2 ticks whereas Toshiba is 4. However Toshiba seems like a Low profile brand?

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...

Have been lurking around this thread but I have been struggling to decide on this quotation by Cold Engine. I just bought a resale flat and am contemplating on which of these 4 systems is the best:

Mitsubishi Starmex system 3 - $2850 (2 ticks)
MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x 3

Daikin inverter system 3 - $2950 (3 ticks)
3MKS71FSG/FTKS25DVMx 3

Mitsubishi New Starmex system 3 - $3400 (5 ticks)
MXY3G28/MSXYFJ10 x 3

Daikin smile series system 3 - $3350 (5 ticks)
MKS80QVMG/CTKS25QVM x 3

Can experts please advise on this? :(

I don mind paying a bit more for efficiency as I project I will be using the air con quite a bit. But I heard that 5 ticks uses a smaller compressor.

Easy to maintain, quietness and comfortability is key to me. Sometimes I might even off the aircon if the weather is cooling.

On the other hand, there will be one room which will be underutilized. only 2 rooms will be utilized. So what is the better option?

Some say Mitsubishi is better due to spare parts easy to find and install. Some say Daikin more durable. Read until quite sian already.

Drop the starmex 5 ticks, heard of too many issues. You can google for yourself to read.

My ID remind me on more than 1 occasion to avoid 5 ticks because these system are not reliable. You spend so much money on aircon so reliability is the most important. He recommend starmex 2 ticks which is the best in his opinion doing so many renovation so you get the drift. And he ask me to get my own aircon so i got it from cold engine. Good service and workmanship IMO.

I personally boycott Toshiba due to the poor design which result in frequent choking and thus leaking when my house had it. Panasonic is relatively problem free in comparison.

If you guys go to read up on EDMW reno thread, >70% choose starmex 2 ticks, overwhelming favourite.

Asus80

Reaction score
Yes not sure if it's reliability. Most repairmen I spoke to recommend Mitsubishi Starmex or Daikin. However Starmex is 2 ticks whereas Toshiba is 4. However Toshiba seems like a Low profile brand?

Toshiba last time is 4 ticks now sure be 2 ticks

kean1978

Reaction score
Mitsubishi 5 ticks is not reliable?

Hi all,
I thinking to get the new Mitsubishi 5 ticks System 4 for my BTO. What are the issues of this new System 4? really that bad? :s22:

Drop the starmex 5 ticks, heard of too many issues. You can google for yourself to read.

My ID remind me on more than 1 occasion to avoid 5 ticks because these system are not reliable. You spend so much money on aircon so reliability is the most important. He recommend starmex 2 ticks which is the best in his opinion doing so many renovation so you get the drift. And he ask me to get my own aircon so i got it from cold engine. Good service and workmanship IMO.

I personally boycott Toshiba due to the poor design which result in frequent choking and thus leaking when my house had it. Panasonic is relatively problem free in comparison.

If you guys go to read up on EDMW reno thread, >70% choose starmex 2 ticks, overwhelming favourite.

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the review. :)

Free_MaN

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some feedback for aircon.

Was quoted $4100 for Mitsubishi Starmex (2 ticks) using Mitsubishi 4A28 (10k BTU x 3 & 24K BTU x 1). The warranty is 1 year for indoor and spare parts and 5 years for compressor

- Gauge 22 Copper pipe
- 1/2 Armaflex insulation
- 16mm drainage pipe
- DNE wire

Is it alright and what else do i need to look out for? Appreciate your help as i need to confirm my aircon soon. Thanks all.

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried calling cold engine but dunno why theres no dial tone at all.

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so from the general info i gathered, gain city is bad, cold engine is good. but besides that which other reputable shops (preferably with instalment) do you all recommend? courts, harvey norman, megadiscount all no good meh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.