Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aosw88

Reaction score
Just had Daikin 5-ticks Smile series installed against recommendations from my AC installer and friends ... and has issue since day 1 - condensation appears on the study room unit which i don't turn On overnight and dripping on my laminate floor every morning.

Reported issue to Daikin and their technician came down (and I took leaves) twice but still couldn't resolve the issue till date. Issue was diagnosed to be faulty main motherboard or faulty valve of the brand new outdoor unit but technician seems unfamiliar how to proceed. When I asked further, he explained that his experience in this 5-ticks series is limited as not many people install them. He was even trying to convince me that issue was resolved on the second visit by just doing some self-testings, but I disagreed cos I could already tell from the symptoms. When I insisted he do something, he told me he didn't have the parts again and may need to do welding on my brand new compressor unit to further confirm the issue. Had no choice but to let him go (and wasted my 2 days leaves for nothing). True enough, condensation started 1 hour after he left. So issue still exist to date after 1 week since installation. I'm calling and sending a complaint to Daikin tomorrow!

So reliability is important indeed but after-sales support and technician capability are also very important, which for Daikin case ... well, you judge for yourself.

who is the installer?

kean1978

Reaction score
I think you able to get Starmex 5 ticks for this price already ...

Hi guys, need some feedback for aircon.

Was quoted $4100 for Mitsubishi Starmex (2 ticks) using Mitsubishi 4A28 (10k BTU x 3 & 24K BTU x 1). The warranty is 1 year for indoor and spare parts and 5 years for compressor

- Gauge 22 Copper pipe
- 1/2 Armaflex insulation
- 16mm drainage pipe
- DNE wire

Is it alright and what else do i need to look out for? Appreciate your help as i need to confirm my aircon soon. Thanks all.

RhythmzZz

Reaction score
Aircon installed by Cold Engine

Just finish an installation done by Cold Engine yesterday. Took up the package of Mitsubishi Electri (4 stars), MSY-GE10VA-R2 (4 ticks), system-1 for my room.

Have a very good experience with Cold Engine from quotation->site survey->installation. Will recommend it to the bros here.

They came around 1130am. My situation is quite complicated cos the unit will be place in my bedroom which is a storeroom away from the master bedroom, hence the drilling and piping have to be done from master bedroom to storeroom and lead to my room. I would say the noise level is quite minimized, they also clean up the bits and parts throughout the installation. Installation, piping and the cast are all nicely done. Everything is completed around 5pm.

Paid $1330 for the entire stuffs including of aircon unit, bracket, power point and one of the main switch thingy for the promotion of May month. So far so good, aircon works well last night and easily cool the entire room. :s12:

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Just had Cold Engine install a System-1 Mitsubishi Starmex 12k-btu.
Very satisfied with the workmanship.

Was quoted $1150, which was about 100 more expensive than Gain City. But once GC heard that it's for landed property, want to charge me $300-500 extra to replace all the piping (utter BS).
I don't even need ledges (compressor placed on balcony just outside window)... piping also less than 2-metres.

Cold Engine replaced all piping and the casing for the hoses, touched up the wall and fill up holes and gaps for me really nicely without any extra charges.

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just dropped by JK aircon today and the guy kept pushing daikin smile to me. he quoted me MKS80QVMG, 22k + 9k + 9k system 3 for $3800. he said got additional 15 mth warranty from daikin and also a $100 voucher for servicing. now i dunno whether shd go for daikin or mitsubishi or toshiba. how!

Chedar

Reaction score
who is the installer?

PM me if you're interested with my installer, who is the boss of a small locally registered aircon company. I think he did a decent job.

Daikin contacted me finally to offer apology for the inconveniences caused and a small extension of warranty, but refused to replace the faulty brand new compressor. They want to do some on-site welding on the compressor parts in the next attempt to fix the issue, which means i have to plan another leave again and clean up the mess after they are done, regardless of the result. No other choice on my end if i want this resolved asap. My disappointment with Daikin just continue to slide...

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PM me if you're interested with my installer, who is the boss of a small locally registered aircon company. I think he did a decent job.

Daikin contacted me finally to offer apology for the inconveniences caused and a small extension of warranty, but refused to replace the faulty brand new compressor. They want to do some on-site welding on the compressor parts in the next attempt to fix the issue, which means i have to plan another leave again and clean up the mess after they are done, regardless of the result. No other choice on my end if i want this resolved asap. My disappointment with Daikin just continue to slide...

Oh man... Initially I was deciding between starmex 2 ticks or daikin 3 ticks system 3. Daikin seem better to have a 15 month extended warranty. But I decided to go to starmex 2 ticks instead due to the overwhelming support for starmex.

terumo

Reaction score
To my knowledge, most brands will just replace the faulty parts during the warranty period.
To replace the whole unit will be on a case by case basis.

Last edited:

scouter

Reaction score
hmm.. Seems like a lot of comparison between Daikin & Mitsubishi.

Thinking to go either of these System 3 model. Any review for the Panasonic model?

Panasonic :
CU-3XS27RKZ / CSXS9RKZW x 3 (3 ticks)

Mitsubishi :
MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x 3(2 ticks)

Both Enquicern Cool & Cold Engine are quoting comparable pricing for both models. Anyone with experience with either company ?

Thanks!

Chedar

Reaction score
To my knowledge, most brands will just replace the faulty parts during the warranty period.
To replace the whole unit will be on a case by case basis.

Yes, replacing parts when it broke down during warranty is totally fine. But my case was Daikin sold me a brand new defect unit but refused to replace it. The only option I have was to sacrifice a few annual leaves to allow them to come multiple times to my place to troubleshoot and try to fix the issue by welding and replacing the part, not to mention the cleaning up i had to do after each day.
And so, after paying the brand new price for a 5-ticks Daikin 2 weeks ago, i can only settle for a refurbished unit now + 3 days leaves gone!

JTMonkey

Reaction score
Anyone use Creation Aircon Corner before? Their price seems very competitive. I googled the name and got some bad reviews way back in 2009-2010. No fresh comments though.

Reaction score
mitsubishi 5 tick QC issues is it a coincidence? could it be the installers didn't bend the pipe with the bender tool hence the noise coming from compressor, also didn't evacuate the system.

5 tick looks good on paper cause i need on 24/7 for 1 room, master room 3 to 8 hours daily.

daikin smile series using york parts? during partial load does the outdoor unit fan slow down like mitsubishi 2 tick

alt2015

Reaction score
minevresale flat. Carrier aircon installed by previous owner. Sb nearly 20yrs . System 2.
Need to replace. Light user. Any recommendation for system 2.
As the previous aircon installed so Long ago... anything I need to take of ? .. for pipes etc.
Thks... really need help on this.

alt2015

Reaction score
minevresale flat. Carrier aircon installed by previous owner. Sb nearly 20yrs . System 2.
Need to replace. Light user. Any recommendation for system 2.
As the previous aircon installed so Long ago... anything I need to take of ? .. for pipes etc.
Thks... really need help on this.

Aircon will be for two bedrooms . 3NG flat

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, staying at a 3rm HDB top corner unit, my room is extra hotter by 2-3 degrees compared to other rooms.

I need a system 1 to be installed in my room. Looking at Panasonic and Mitsubishi models. Panasonic one is about $600 while Mitsubishi is about $1000.

Any good recommendations?

nivlac9

Reaction score
Anyone managed to get good cleaners or service folks to clean their ac to remove the sour smell? I service mine regularly yet smell is still present. Ac is less than 2 yrs old starmex.

Dun cook - max 2-3x a mth. Bedroom ac switched on every night. Living room every 2-3 days on a few hrs when watching tv. Service every 3mths. Even did chemical cleaning for the last 2 rounds.

One of the service man said the smell sucked up from the drainage outlet pipe at the toilet / shower. I've also flushed that with anti mold drain cleaner every 2 wks.

Smell is adhoc not all the time so quite hard to replicate.

Anyone managed to solve?

Thanks

kevedeliamas

Master Member
Reaction score
Which is the most trusted and best after sales service for aircon installation nowadays? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.