HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2016, 05:48 PM   #7336

Installed Mitsubishi 3G28 with 2x FJ10VE and 1 x FJ13VE in the bedrooms and MUY-GE24/MSY-GE24 in the living room last week.
Soft humming noise from the 3G28 compressor when running at full power, after rooms reached set temp., the noise is barely noticeable. Everything is cool, the indoor units are quiet and can cool the rooms fast, before 30 Deg C, after 10 mins, temp. dropped by 2 deg c. Default current limit is set at 8.5A can be changed by pushing 5th switch position on SW2 to off.

[IMG][/IMG]
I'm not an expert here, but 10 mins drop 2 degrees is not very good, IMO. Can any experts here share some thoughts?

Are all units running at the same time?
Old 07-05-2016, 12:23 AM   #7337

Fwah...this is prob not the cheapest pricings around. Anyway, coolserve Mitsubishi electric system 2 plus a system 1 5-ticks inverter would cost 2.5k and 1.1k. 3.6k total. (if compared to my system "directly" though not totally fair coz mine is somewhat old and non-inverter 6.5 yrs @ 1.8k inclusive of installation)

Edit - ok, maybe it's fairer to compare current pricings : a 2 tick Mitsubishi Electric system-3 8.5k FCU is $2760 (3A28). 5-tick system-3 8.5k is $3560 (4G28). So just a few hundred dollars difference in price ($800).
So it's somewhat possible for a moderate 2-rooms nightly usage to recover $800 in 8-9 years. If it's $25 per room per month AC power usage with a 15% effciency diff, the savings would be ~ $630 for 7 years for 2 rooms nightly usage. So also possible for 7 years duration and $600 savings
Again, $25 monthly, = 5hrs of compressor at full tilt (9000 btu/hr thereabouts). Or 10hrs of compressor @ half tilt inverter operation (or 4500 btu/hr). I know i consume less than this, coz mine is non inverter and i know when is the compressor operating/blowing cold air and when it's not (fan only).

Prices really rocketed in the past 6 years huh? (anyway now that i remember, the airconditioners were paid for by my father in law last time as a housewarming gift, so not nice to ask for Inverter and the best etc, i couldn't even top up coz i am sure he wouldn't let us pay anything).

KNS, now you ask me to change 1 unit to Inverter 5 tick, i also sim tiah.
HAHAHA, actually 5 ticks or not does affect in the LONG RUN. But choosing aircon more importantly must check if the parts to repair also expensive or not. If not you buy something cheap but repair cost sky high also LLST.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:51 AM   #7338
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha.... I don't believe in all these figure Even if its from govt.
it just like our saving water projects they go mandate new water tap. In the end, we waste time waiting for water to flow out drop by drop.
I also noticed ice taken out from refrigerator with more tick will melt faster than those with less tick.
"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."
I'll say that you're not wrong on the water taps. If a tap manufacturer has 2 similar taps but 1 is 2-tick (or should I say, 2-drops-of-water) and the other is 3-tick (3-drops-of-water), the 3-tick will have lower flow than the 2-tick.

As far as Mitsubishi's 2-tick vs 5-tick goes, it looks like it also takes longer for the 5-tick to cool a room down than the 2-tick.

I'm not sure I agree with the part about ice though.As long as both freezers are set to the same temperature and both have been running for days, the internal temperature should be the same Unless you're comparing internal temperature within the first few hours of switching both on ...
Old 07-05-2016, 11:39 AM   #7339
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any reviews on best tech and aj aircon ???
Old 07-05-2016, 11:57 AM   #7340
Master Member

Was quoted 3500 for ME 5 ticks system 3 by Air Connection, any feedbacks on the price and workmanship?
Old 07-05-2016, 01:04 PM   #7341
Master Member

Was quoted 3500 for ME 5 ticks system 3 by Air Connection, any feedbacks on the price and workmanship?
What insulation and copper pipe they are using
Old 07-05-2016, 01:18 PM   #7342
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone ????

Any reviews on best tech and aj aircon ???
Old 07-05-2016, 03:00 PM   #7343

anyone know how to bypass the checking of the safety louvre in Mitsubishi Aircon ? I went to take out the louvre for cleaning, when install back the louvre the Aircon indicator still blinking. tried many times.

Else have to get the technician to resolve as still in warranty.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #7344
Master Member

What insulation and copper pipe they are using
3/8" and G23 copper pipe..
Old 07-05-2016, 05:48 PM   #7345
Master Member

How about Hitachi? Made in Malaysia, system 4 3x9btu and 1x21btu is $3939. Add 129$ for 5yr extended warranty.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:49 PM   #7346

To kollybie,
Maybe one of the parts are loose, have to re adjust them again.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:55 PM   #7347
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone used AJ Aircon before?
interested to get some review on this one
Old 07-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #7348

Hi All,

Was at gain city today to compare the different air con, the Starmex system 4 MXY-4G28VA was selling close to $4.8k (3 x 9k, 1 x 24k)btu.

Honestly, it is way too under powered, if I switch on my main unit, the other 3 units will be super under powered..... in fact, the compressor is only 22k! makes me wonder how a 22k compressor power a 24k coil unit.......

No point getting such an expensive system only to take hours to cool the room and still not cool?

Then I saw the YORK model, YCHMYC028BAMSA-X (From NEA website), it is only $3.8k (3 x 9k, 1 x 18k) btu, the compressor is 28k. (4 ticks somemore)

I had previously asked in here if anyone had any experience with YORK, but everyone seemed to be engross with Starmex, but I went to do some research and found out that while YORK's product is made in china (starmex made in Thailand), YORK has been one of the pioneer and leading company in HVAC technology (including compressor tech).

After some thoughts, I think I will be going for YORK, considering that all the warranty by gain city for either Starmex or YORK is the same, but YORK is $1k cheaper and more powerful, I think its more worthwhile getting YORK?

If anyone has experience with YORK, please share, would really love to find out more on user experience.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:18 PM   #7349
Master Member

Hi All,

Was at gain city today to compare the different air con, the Starmex system 4 MXY-4G28VA was selling close to $4.8k (3 x 9k, 1 x 24k)btu.

Honestly, it is way too under powered, if I switch on my main unit, the other 3 units will be super under powered..... in fact, the compressor is only 22k! makes me wonder how a 22k compressor power a 24k coil unit.......

No point getting such an expensive system only to take hours to cool the room and still not cool?

Then I saw the YORK model, YCHMYC028BAMSA-X (From NEA website), it is only $3.8k (3 x 9k, 1 x 18k) btu, the compressor is 28k. (4 ticks somemore)

I had previously asked in here if anyone had any experience with YORK, but everyone seemed to be engross with Starmex, but I went to do some research and found out that while YORK's product is made in china (starmex made in Thailand), YORK has been one of the pioneer and leading company in HVAC technology (including compressor tech).

After some thoughts, I think I will be going for YORK, considering that all the warranty by gain city for either Starmex or YORK is the same, but YORK is $1k cheaper and more powerful, I think its more worthwhile getting YORK?

If anyone has experience with YORK, please share, would really love to find out more on user experience.
I heard York is OEM by Midea. Have you considered Hitachi? I was at GC too, Hitachi System 4 is $3939.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:56 PM   #7350

I saw many forumers here shopped at those big store. And I used to do that last year too. But then when I googled, I can find plenty of cheaper aircon of the similar brands.

You guys may want to try... below is just one link that I find
http://www.ctair-con.com.sg/singapor...-con-promotios

York System 4 is only $2,495. Starmex is $3,395. If you have the brand and compressor in mind, just call or email to ask for a quotation.

Hope you find it useful
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.