HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2016, 10:13 PM   #7351
Arch-Supremacy Member

At the smart expo sale , there is one aj aircon seems cheap also
Old 07-05-2016, 11:00 PM   #7352
Master Member

I saw many forumers here shopped at those big store. And I used to do that last year too. But then when I googled, I can find plenty of cheaper aircon of the similar brands.

You guys may want to try... below is just one link that I find
http://www.ctair-con.com.sg/singapor...-con-promotios

York System 4 is only $2,495. Starmex is $3,395. If you have the brand and compressor in mind, just call or email to ask for a quotation.

Hope you find it useful
Bearing in mind these are replacement prices. Meaning they use back the old pipings etc.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:35 PM   #7353

Bearing in mind these are replacement prices. Meaning they use back the old pipings etc.
Old as in? You mean Used or?
Old 08-05-2016, 12:02 AM   #7354
Master Member

Old as in? You mean Used or?
Meaning, they use back the existing pipings of your existing aircon. If need to install new pipings etc, there will be additional charge.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:47 AM   #7355

I heard York is OEM by Midea. Have you considered Hitachi? I was at GC too, Hitachi System 4 is $3939.
I looked up NEA and the model is a little energy inefficient.

I know YORK is made in China, but does it make a difference between China and Thailand? I mean, all the units comes with the same period of warranty?
Old 08-05-2016, 02:01 AM   #7356
Supremacy Member

do not buy York.... you got so much other brands . dont go for York . u will regret one.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:54 AM   #7357

Hi All,

Was at gain city today to compare the different air con, the Starmex system 4 MXY-4G28VA was selling close to $4.8k (3 x 9k, 1 x 24k)btu.
Hi, it's possible to get Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 4 MXY4A28 / MSYGE24VA + MSYGE10VA X 3 at a lower price than 4.8k. I think GC is kind of "overpriced" as they have quite a number of retail shops together with their staff to maintain as well.

I had 2 quotes coming to 4.5k, 1 quote 4.2+k & another 2 quotes <4k. The materials used are 1/2 inch Armaflex class "O" insulation, G22 copper pipe, 16mm drainage pvc pipe & Keystone Cable. Out of these 5 companies, 3 came to my house for no obligation site survey, another company offered but I didn't take it as I decided not to go for it.

Hence, sourcing around via various sources, can get better pricing quotations, even the contact via my reno ID gives a better deal than GC.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:56 AM   #7358
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, it's possible to get Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 4 MXY4A28 / MSYGE24VA + MSYGE10VA X 3 at a lower price than 4.8k. I think GC is kind of "overpriced" as they have quite a number of retail shops together with their staff to maintain as well.

I had 2 quotes coming to 4.5k, 1 quote 4.2+k & another 2 quotes <4k. The materials used are 1/2 inch Armaflex class "O" insulation, G22 copper pipe, 16mm drainage pvc pipe & Keystone Cable. Out of these 5 companies, 3 came to my house for no obligation site survey, another company offered but I didn't take it as I decided not to go for it.

Hence, sourcing around via various sources, can get better pricing quotations, even the contact via my reno ID gives a better deal than GC.
i also know but we need to know the black sleep so that we can avoid the unforeseen problems of poor workmanship
Old 08-05-2016, 07:36 AM   #7359

i also know but we need to know the black sleep so that we can avoid the unforeseen problems of poor workmanship
I'm actually quoting stoichiometry's comment mentioning that the Starmex system 4 MXY-4G28VA was selling close to $4.8k (3 x 9k, 1 x 24k)btu.

Anyway, cheap doesn't mean good or bad, expensive doesn't mean good or bad either. GC is exp & supposedly established company but yet, there're also lots of people complaining about it, & worse still, people are not just complaining about workmanship.

Like some of the other forum members mentioned, workmanship pretty much depends on the installers who installed the air-con for you.

I personally find that it's not so easy to identify/determine the black sheep because one may encounter a team of not so experienced installers but the company could be highly recommended by many others maybe because they could have gotten a team of more experienced installers. Example would be GC, there's 1 grp of people highly recommends GC while another grp of people strongly advises to avoid GC, so is GC considered trustworthy or a black sheep? If decides to believe it's trustworthy & go ahead with it, what if it turns out to be a black sheep...
Old 08-05-2016, 10:19 AM   #7360

I saw many forumers here shopped at those big store. And I used to do that last year too. But then when I googled, I can find plenty of cheaper aircon of the similar brands.

You guys may want to try... below is just one link that I find
http://www.ctair-con.com.sg/singapor...-con-promotios

York System 4 is only $2,495. Starmex is $3,395. If you have the brand and compressor in mind, just call or email to ask for a quotation.

Hope you find it useful
Is CT Aircon good? Anybody used it before?
They prices is very much cheaper than all big companies.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #7361

Is CT Aircon good? Anybody used it before?
They prices is very much cheaper than all big companies.
Ya,it really very cheap,i just installed daikin envi series system 3 from there,it cheaper than others company more than 300
Old 08-05-2016, 10:41 AM   #7362

Hi Cleven,

Thanks for the information. I have looked at a few other providers as well, but after reading through this whole entire thread, I have learned that the installation of the air con plays a critical part as well, and Gain City seems to have a fleet of technicians who are well posed to install the units? I went to a few website and they offer 1 year installation warranty, GC is offering 3 years.......

There are so many stories of condensation leaking, ducts not installed properly, coolant leaking etc.... I was thinking 3 years warranty seems more secured compared to 1 year?

As for the quote for Starmex, you quoted MXY4A28 (2 tick model), the one I saw was MXY-4G28VA (5 tick) system 4. The 2 tick model at GC was selling at $4.3k. I was hesitant about the 5 ticks starmex because of the under powered compressor, which many here have mentioned, upgrading the compressor unit cost another extra $1.2k bringing it to $6k......

Hence I looked at the other options on displayed at GC and found the YORK model (4 ticks) at $3.8 k, the compressor is at higher capacity than starmex, but the sales guy told me its made in China, but the warranty is the same as starmex.

But the members here seemed to be quite against YORK, but a few of my friends who's using YORK in their offices mentioned it is quite an "OK" model, it cools the room fast and seem quiet, but then again, its the estate management that maintains the air cons, so they don't know about the serviceability of YORK.

Alternatively I would be getting the 2 ticks model, but I read on NEA its efficiency is 1 to 2 whole point below YORK and Starmex (5 ticks)....

Such headaches....... I don't mind paying a little more for starmex(5 tick) if it proves worthy, but the figures does show it is under capacity and it will be quite silly of me to ignore the figures?

At the end of the day, many here say its depends on luck if we get a good or bad experience, but since all else is the same, then pricing at the start would be the determining factor?
Old 08-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #7363

Ya,it really very cheap,i just installed daikin envi series system 3 from there,it cheaper than others company more than 300
Besides lowest prices so far, how about their workmanship and services.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:15 AM   #7364
Arch-Supremacy Member

Besides lowest prices so far, how about their workmanship and services.
it depends on what you going for . i called them and ask for the configuration MHI 12k x2+18k with a SCM80 -> $3280 . i got the quote from AJ aircon at 3099 with all the piping replaced
Old 08-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #7365

it depends on what you going for . i called them and ask for the configuration MHI 12k x2+18k with a SCM80 -> $3280 . i got the quote from AJ aircon at 3099 with all the piping replaced
That is why I felt strange too, I asked ME Starmex 5 ticks Sys 3 :

MXY-3G28VA
MSXY-FJ13VE (12,000 BTU) x 1
MSXY-FJ10VE (9,000 BTU) x 2

Total Burn : $3195.00, must be cash payment.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.