Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
You can check with your installer if there is another way to lay the piping without hacking the cabinet.

Hi there, I would like to change my 4 aircon unit. Called a guy down to check on my current aircon unit and he said the cost of repair isnt worth it. I'm ready to change the 4 aircon units but he said since the piping runs through my cabinet, they would need to hack it. This is a major problem as he would need to hack 3 cabinets and it would be totally destroyed and the cost of replacing it with 3 new room cabinet isn't cheap either. My question is, is there a way for them to install the new aircon units without hacking away my cabinet? Thank you

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I would like to change my 4 aircon unit. Called a guy down to check on my current aircon unit and he said the cost of repair isnt worth it. I'm ready to change the 4 aircon units but he said since the piping runs through my cabinet, they would need to hack it. This is a major problem as he would need to hack 3 cabinets and it would be totally destroyed and the cost of replacing it with 3 new room cabinet isn't cheap either. My question is, is there a way for them to install the new aircon units without hacking away my cabinet? Thank you
Look for your original Contractor/Carpenter

My parents setting up new aircon also (Part of trunking is concealed in 2 cabinets in 2 different locations) and they checked with the original carpenter if the cabinets can be removed and fitted back

Was quoted $800, $400 to dismantle and $400 to assemble back across 2 separated trips

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score

if your piping is not old at all, maybe can consider just using back the same piping?

YengAC

Reaction score
Hi, recently I asked a service guy to clean my 10 years air-con and find that my condenser generator shared to my 2 common room no longer work, when turn on the air con, the wind is very strong but not cold.
another 1 generator to my master bed room still work fine, and cold.

So the service guy quoted me a reconditioned condenser for replacement $650.

Do you think it is worth to replace it or purchase a new system 3?

Consideration, current me and my wife stay in the house only, the 2 common no body stay, may be long long 1 time got guest come to stay overnight and use the room. so it is worth to replace a new Mitsubishi 3 system which cost around $3.4k.

user123qwe

Reaction score
Both are good... :)

Haha. Then 2 ticks or 5 ticks is better?

I keep hearing different people, sales person, says different thing. Theres even people saying people say why sales person promoting 2 ticks is because they trying to clear stock because 2 ticks is becoming obsolete.

Then theres another camp of people says go for 2 ticks because 5 ticks causes alot of problem.

wtf:s11::s11::s22::s22: please help:vijayadmin:

jas663

Reaction score
How much saving for inverter?

I am currently using a system 4.
4 units turning on 8-9hrs per day.

If change to a system 3 and a system 1 inverter.
How much would I save for 2 ticks?

Is there significant saving for 2 and 5 ticks?
Thank you

xxMoMo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have Samsung Tri (New version) air-con and require general servicing. (4 unit system)

Can anyone please recommend?

Because of the aircon design, many said they can't do as they are not train to dismantlement Samsung new series aircon.

I have contacted Samsung and they actually diverted me to their official Samsung servicing. Very ex, one unit cost about $90.

Last edited:

wahlaueh888

Banned
Reaction score
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Inverter) 3 Ticks

Model : SCM80ZJ-S + SRK35MA-S 12K BTU x 3

Supply and install
Gauge 22 copper pipe
1/2" thickness Armaflex Class '0' insulation
Keystone local wire
16mm drainage pipe
2 trips installation

$2660

Hi, may I know which company you got this set from? Thanks!

viv4080

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to buy a system 2 aircon for my new HDB flat.

This time, plan to buy a Mitisbushi Electric.

Saw this model on Courts/Gain City:

Outdoor - MXY3A28VA
Indoor - MSYGE10VA x 2
Price : ~$2,600 (inc. installation)

Would the outdoor unit be a overkill? Should I settle for a lower power outdoor unit MXY2E20VA (package cheaper by $200)?

Is this price reasonable?

happyfy

Reaction score
Mitsubishi or Toshiba aircon?

Anyone using Mitsubishi or Toshiba aircon? Which one is better and less complaint? which one spare part is more cheaper?

eisrad_11

Reaction score
Hi,

Outdoor - MXY3A28VA
Indoor - MSYGE10VA x 2

Would the outdoor unit be a overkill? Should I settle for a lower power outdoor unit MXY2E20VA (package cheaper by $200)?

suggest to avoid giant retailers without real expertise on aircons. they will usually push u away and refer back to their contractors if **** happens. i guess gain city is alright since they started as aircon guys.

if you are unfamiliar, i suggest u look for installers who really know their stuffs. once bitten twice shy. i rather pay a little more for reliable services.

or you can try my usual guys from newway. bought a system 3 from them previously and they have been servicing my aircons since.

tried and tested. happy with their workmanship and service.

willdan

Reaction score
I have a question, but I cant find an answer...... :s22::(
Hope some expert can fill in some info

If install BTO 4room with system 3. 5 ticks energy efficient.
Total cost plus installation: 3600 (aircon) + 1000 (installing, drilling) = 4600.

If buy 3 window unit aircon, will it be cheaper?
In terms of electricity.

Window Unit aircon VS central aircon (system 3)

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
If system 2, get MXY-2E20 will do.

Hi,

Outdoor - MXY3A28VA
Indoor - MSYGE10VA x 2

terumo

Reaction score
Whats the model for your system 3?
Seems very high price.

I have a question, but I cant find an answer...... :s22::(
Hope some expert can fill in some info

If install BTO 4room with system 3. 5 ticks energy efficient.
Total cost plus installation: 3600 (aircon) + 1000 (installing, drilling) = 4600.

If buy 3 window unit aircon, will it be cheaper?
In terms of electricity.

Window Unit aircon VS central aircon (system 3)

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha. Then 2 ticks or 5 ticks is better?

I keep hearing different people, sales person, says different thing. Theres even people saying people say why sales person promoting 2 ticks is because they trying to clear stock because 2 ticks is becoming obsolete.

Then theres another camp of people says go for 2 ticks because 5 ticks causes alot of problem.

wtf:s11::s11::s22::s22: please help:vijayadmin:

get 5 ticks. i've been on mitsubishi for abt a year leow. and yes, 2 ticks are to clear stock.

instead of the standard bundle, request for the "best" compressor. for example sys4 compressor change to sys5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.