HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2016, 12:19 AM   #7396

nice, how long did you wait to get your quotation?

a dire need to get my aircon up, sweltering heat is no joke
We actually got a quote before site survey. I think the amount is pretty much standard.

Anyway, do note that I'm not endorsing any company cos we have yet to engage any & the reno is only going to start later this mth.

I can survive w/out aircon, it's my wife & kids who need it more than me, haha... Worse is we're going to shift temp to my parents' plc where there's no aircon while our hse undergoes reno.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:50 AM   #7397
Master Member

just replaced my 10 year old aircon with Mitsubishi Electric.

MXY-3A28VA + MSY-GE10VA x 3.

$2900.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #7398
Arch-Supremacy Member

So what would u recommend then?

We wanted to go for more establised company too if possible, like GC. Im fact, I personally went to a GC branch, well not too impressed, basically walked in & out w/out anyone entertaining, that was during off peak. My wife read a lot about GC on online forums & the complaints in recent yrs seem to hv increased, some even commenting that they aren't as gd as in the past.

Like I said cheaper doesn't mean it'll be gd or bad, same goes for expensive, likewise bigger established comp with physical front doesn't nessarily mean it's gd, those with no physical front not necessarily it's bad either.
I'm going with another smaller company. Price not cheapest but he doesn't use cheap materials. If you research enough you'll realize the prices across all companies are about the same.

Most of the difference is in the material cost. Of course, there's a further premium if you go with companies like GC/coolserve. Guess that's up to the individual to decide if it's worth it or not.

And no.. i won't agree that no physical front = not necessarily it's bad. Simply because you don't know their reputation. Reputation takes many years to build. Even with all the complains GC gets.. at least they have a shop front and if something bad happens, there's a way to get justice.

Remember also that people are more vocal about complains than they are about compliments. GC does very high volume so for every complain you see online.. there are countless other jobs well done that nobody mentions in forums.

As for the random online shop without any reputation on the streets.. who knows? All the renotalk comments are simply clone posters disguising as fake customers. Heck, there were even some accounts on hwz here posting fake reviews.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #7399
Arch-Supremacy Member

All Best quoted below $3900.

MXY-4A38VA x 1
MSY-GE26VA x 1
MSY-GE10VA x 3
60months workmanship warranty.

I know All Best got bad reviews, but they seems to offer the best bang. I'm kinda leaning towards them.
Sure the compressor is 38 instead of 28? Difference in price between these 2 compressor is >500 bucks. For this specs I dun find any shop able to do it below 4k, they can do for 3.9k is rather weird unless they going without profit or even loss....
terumo likes this.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:20 AM   #7400
Supremacy Member

I'm going with another smaller company. Price not cheapest but he doesn't use cheap materials. If you research enough you'll realize the prices across all companies are about the same.

Most of the difference is in the material cost. Of course, there's a further premium if you go with companies like GC/coolserve. Guess that's up to the individual to decide if it's worth it or not.

And no.. i won't agree that no physical front = not necessarily it's bad. Simply because you don't know their reputation. Reputation takes many years to build. Even with all the complains GC gets.. at least they have a shop front and if something bad happens, there's a way to get justice.

Remember also that people are more vocal about complains than they are about compliments. GC does very high volume so for every complain you see online.. there are countless other jobs well done that nobody mentions in forums.

As for the random online shop without any reputation on the streets.. who knows? All the renotalk comments are simply clone posters disguising as fake customers. Heck, there were even some accounts on hwz here posting fake reviews.
while most of your points are valid, I think as I have mentioned earlier, all it takes is bad workmanship to bungle up everything

this industry as a whole is very unregulated and full of shams, much like the mattress industry

and unfortunately there is no one around who is trying to capitalize on this weakness
Old 09-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #7401
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sure the compressor is 38 instead of 28? Difference in price between these 2 compressor is >500 bucks. For this specs I dun find any shop able to do it below 4k, they can do for 3.9k is rather weird unless they going without profit or even loss....
Yep. i'm pretty sure the guy gave him the wrong number or he mistook "28" as "38"
Old 09-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #7402

Strangely, why no one want Daikin air-con? Out of 10 reply, no one mention about Daikin air-con?

Am i the only one attracted by their 1+2 warranty promotional offer? Cause i know air-con spare parts are not cheap.

Those big stores oso seen not keen to promote Daikin sale, issit comission too little for them to earn or Daikin air-con too pricey? Or Daikin air-con CMI, giving lot of problem?
You are not the only one looking at Daikin, I'm also exploring Daikin.

Have you zoomed in to any dealer yet? I will be having a site inspection this weekend.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #7403

Guys, does installation warranty include gas-leaking?

Manufacturer said installer didn't install properly, but installer said that they found NO miss or loose installation on pipping.

As no one take the blame, owner got to pay in the end?
You bought your aircon from your installer right? If they are the one who did the installation from piping to aircon unit, they should be responsible for the warranty, including piping.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:22 AM   #7404

To Pathfinder,
If using 4a38, this is a very very good deal.
Check with them on the outdoor unit specs first before you purchase.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:23 AM   #7405

To Boeing101,
No. It will not spoil.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:24 AM   #7406

To Artliner15Aug77,

Can do a pressure test to determine cause of leakage.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:59 PM   #7407
Arch-Supremacy Member

One of the difference to buy from big stores is that they offer interest free installment thru CC. Small coy dun hv this convenience.
i would rather save the few hundred dollars for something else.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #7408

i would rather save the few hundred dollars for something else.
Absolutely agree.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:19 PM   #7409

Dealer is my mum old neighbours son who open an aircon service coy.

Gotten offer S$3k nett for 3mks50sfg + ftks25 x 3. Dunno use what material.

We going for energy efficiency rather then being too cold for my old folks.

Now waiting for pay day to place order.
FYI, the proshop I went said the 1+2 years warranty promo will end end-Jun, units must be installed before end-Jun, not placing order.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:10 PM   #7410

FYI, the proshop I went said the 1+2 years warranty promo will end end-Jun, units must be installed before end-Jun, not placing order.
I read the offer is till end Jun 16, and to install by end Sept 16.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.