Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kael1n83

Reaction score
get 5 ticks. i've been on mitsubishi for abt a year leow. and yes, 2 ticks are to clear stock.

instead of the standard bundle, request for the "best" compressor. for example sys4 compressor change to sys5

for 4 units, if space for compressor is not an issue, do you recommend:
1) sys3 + separate unit for living or
2) sys4 (and changing compressor to sys5)?

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
for 4 units, if space for compressor is not an issue, do you recommend:
1) sys3 + separate unit for living or
2) sys4 (and changing compressor to sys5)?

2. imagine running two pc but you cld hv run a second one using vm. which is more energy efficient? something like that.

Kino Onik

Reaction score
Hi gurus

I'm seeking your opinions on installation of aircons. Currently undergoing reno for my hdb resale 4 room flat. MBR will use 8 hours daily and living room 3-4 times weekly. 2 spare rooms will be used occasionally as guests room. Kindly advice on recommended aircons. I've a quote of $4130 for daikin 3 ticks system 4 with upgraded materials. Hope to hear some inputs. Thanks all.

terumo

Reaction score
Is the living room 22k or 18k btu?

Hi gurus

I'm seeking your opinions on installation of aircons. Currently undergoing reno for my hdb resale 4 room flat. MBR will use 8 hours daily and living room 3-4 times weekly. 2 spare rooms will be used occasionally as guests room. Kindly advice on recommended aircons. I've a quote of $4130 for daikin 3 ticks system 4 with upgraded materials. Hope to hear some inputs. Thanks all.

terumo

Reaction score
Then this price is slightly overpriced, if 22k, then its reasonable.
But if their service quality is good, paying a bit more might be good thou.

Living room will be 18k bro terumo.Daikin 3 ticks model.
Outdoor 32k + indoor 9k x 3 + 18k.
Model 4MKS80FSG + FTKS25DVM X 3 + FTKS50FVM

Reaction score
portable aircon creates negative pressure which will suck warm air from outside into your cooling area, it will never be cold and small evaporator and condensing coils plus the hot exhaust hose and compressor all in the room means low efficiency,

portable aircon 7 btu per watt, 8400 btu = 1200 watts per hour.

mitsubishi 5 ticks average 16.6 btu per watt, 8321 btu = 500 watts per hour.

shawplee

Reaction score
Avoid AirCon Installation By Coolserve

Installed a Mitsubishi system 4 (5 ticks & ~$5000) and barely half a year the aircon leaked water. The company service man said the dust causes water leakage and he flushed the water pipes. 1 month later, same unit leak again.

Avoid getting your aircon installed by coolserve

:mad:

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Installed a Mitsubishi system 4 (5 ticks & ~$5000) and barely half a year the aircon leaked water. The company service man said the dust causes water leakage and he flushed the water pipes. 1 month later, same unit leak again.

Could be that your place is very dusty and you didn't clean your aircon filters.

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score

hahaha. typical scam reasoning. ans is, your aircon not installed properly. mind sharing where you purchase ur aircon?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could be that your place is very dusty and you didn't clean your aircon filters.

I think its a little extreme that one month later the amount of dust will cause air conditioner issues. Likely its due to poor installation.

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I would like to change my 4 aircon unit. Called a guy down to check on my current aircon unit and he said the cost of repair isnt worth it. I'm ready to change the 4 aircon units but he said since the piping runs through my cabinet, they would need to hack it. This is a major problem as he would need to hack 3 cabinets and it would be totally destroyed and the cost of replacing it with 3 new room cabinet isn't cheap either. My question is, is there a way for them to install the new aircon units without hacking away my cabinet? Thank you

lay pipe above, means you need pump. find a pump that's not noisy. the one they provide is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.