Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

alt2015

Reaction score
Can kindly help recommend aircon system for old 3NG resale flat. Aircon only for the two bedroom. Light user. Previous aircon was more than 20yrs and stop working.
Now hdb upgrading so want to replace the aircon after the upgrading.
Too "strenuous"to look thru this thread . Tq in advance.

emperor2020

Reaction score
Here's my review of Jex Airon. TL;DR: Horrible, you should avoid.

Had a Daikin SYS3 installed by these fellas, really bad experience.
1. Amateur installation team, very poorly trained (if at all)
2. Arrived at ~9.30AM, finished at 1AM! for a system 3! every other installation team (3) that's installed a/c in my place hasn't taken so long (usually half that time)
3. 1 indoor unit mounted with quite a severe tilt because they couldn't get it to clip onto the mounting bracket and hamfisted it on. (I pray to $DEITY that it won't start leaking)
4. looks like outdoor bracket is also not straight (~1cm diff between bolt center to bolt center on both sides).
5. Made a mess of my floor, glue, plaster, silicone sealant & PU foam everywhere. Did not use ANY floor covering during installation.
6. Made a mess of my walls, there was even a footprint!
7. Did not clear all the waste material they left behind (styrofoam & some rubbish + all the crap on the floor)
8. Was going to wrap fluid and gas pipes together in 1 insulation foam tube till I asked wtf they were doing.
9. Kept wanting to reuse old trunking
10. Did not use torque wrenches to tighten flare joints (this is important to ensure you don't overtighten and mess up the flare)
11. Pocketed the included bio filters (said they threw them away, hahahahaha, if that happened for 1 unit, sure, for all 3, I call bull. Also, these were SEALED in the same bag as the instruction manual and control which I did receive.)
12. Power tripped during installation. They blamed it on incorrect wiring (I call bull, I've been using the same high amp outlet for ~15 years w/o any problem, just checked the socket, wires are wired correctly, reverse current + earthing is fine, wire insulation test is fine, etc.)
13. Damaged one of my light switches because they spilled glue all over it and the solvent corroded the plastic. (they replaced it as only proper)
14. management generally full of bull, called them out on most of this list, but according to them nothing is ever their guys fault. So somehow all of the bad things spontaneously happened....? I don't know how that works.
15. Left lots of foam and loose plaster + masonry on the external ledge and A/C bracket (old HDB, so outside of my MBR window, literally in mid air)
16. Damaged horizontal vanes on indoor units due to heavy handed installation.
17. Grate on the back of the outdoor unit is bent out of shape and has been partially disconnected from its mounting to the frame
18. Following on from 17, they bent the frame of my windowsill by landing the entire weight of the outdoor unit on it, tried bending it back into shape but made an utter mess of it (whole thing is warped)
19. Used (without my permission) and ruined a chair that was part of a dining set. Whole thing is now covered in glue, the solvent has also dissolved a large portion of the varnish. Chair is beyond economic repair.
20. This is stretching it since most other installers don't do all (or any) of this but for those in the know.... you'll know what I'm talking about. They did a single evacuation w/ a very short hold test (otoh, I've seen people do it twice with a micron vacuum gauge & 30min hold, I have low expectations and doubt anyone would be so thorough). No high pressure nitrogen testing, no leak test on brazing / weld joints (at least not that I saw).

Positives:
1. most of the trunking is relatively nice to look at
2. used a pipe bending tool to do the bends (not a good (some might say proper) one but I'm trying my best to find something that they did right)

I'll include pictures at a later date.

Disclaimer:
This happened to me and I've been as honest as I can about what happened but the bad experience may have biased me toward being a little harsh and unforgiving. I've written this review as a means of letting you prepare yourself for what may be the worst possible outcome or what may be the norm. This may happen to you or it may not, so make of this as you will.

You save my day,about to engaged them tis Saturday,bcos their pricing is "reasonable" also free upgrade material!

Now left with:GC,Coolworld( any review,experienceD)

Thanks,still not sure Daikin or starmex

emperor2020

Reaction score
for 1 and 2, they are a must to upgrade for high btu cu and/or longer distance from compressor ie living room.

Hi Nikitaro,thanks ,so if my CU is 24000btu is prefered to upgrade,right

Bydway can share any responsible installer for me to considered

Thank again

TwentyOneDegrees

Master Member
Reaction score
Sharing quote:

Mitsubishi Inverter Wall mounted System-3 multi split unit – 2 ticks
Model no.: MXY-3A28VA + MSY-GE10VA x3 9000BTU
$3,500

Mitsubishi Inverter Wall mounted System-3 multi split unit – 5 ticks
Model no.: MXY-3G28VA + MSXY-FJ10VE x3 9000BTU
$3,850 (promo price)

Supply & Installation of
- Copper Gas Pipe System – 22swg thick
- Insulation Armaflex – 1⁄2” thick
- Wiring System
- Drainage System – 16mm

I have zero knowledge with AC, but after a quick read on this thread I am getting the 2 ticks Mitsubishi. :D

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Sharing quote:

$3,500

$3,850 (promo price)

Supply & Installation of
- Wiring System
- Drainage System – 16mm

I have zero knowledge with AC, but after a quick read on this thread I am getting the 2 ticks Mitsubishi. :D

Drainage system ask for 20mm la. 16mm easily choke with jelly. If possible try top up or 80% 20mm size.

Lastexile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aircon starts leaking water after 4 months since installation. installer said it's common to leak water and asked me to quote for servicing price? is it so? especially when its new.

And only 1 unit has been using frequently about 12 hours a day.

LEUMAS

Master Member
Reaction score
To be fair, I engage jex Aircon recently. Had no issue with the entire installation process though.. Everything went smoothly. Just have to wait a couple of months to see if there's any issue with the Aircon or workmanship.

SnorlaxGorGor

Reaction score
Engaging cold engine for my aircon. Will be doing the site survey at 5 aug. Hopefully everything going well

redsuns86

Reaction score
You save my day,about to engaged them tis Saturday,bcos their pricing is "reasonable" also free upgrade material!

Now left with:GC,Coolworld( any review,experienceD)

Thanks,still not sure Daikin or starmex

I had my starmex 5 ticks system installed by GC, the installers were very professional and did a really great job. Lead installer paused to ask before proceeding for trucking and if any unforeseen circumstances occur, will dbl check with me if I am ok before they proceed. Came around 1030am and finished about 5ish for my system 4. I heard that for system 4 and above they usually get the more experienced team based in the west to install. Hope this helps.

lee-turbo

Master Member
Reaction score
I had my starmex 5 ticks system installed by GC, the installers were very professional and did a really great job. Lead installer paused to ask before proceeding for trucking and if any unforeseen circumstances occur, will dbl check with me if I am ok before they proceed. Came around 1030am and finished about 5ish for my system 4. I heard that for system 4 and above they usually get the more experienced team based in the west to install. Hope this helps.

is it done by subcon ?
can have the subcon name ?

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
aircon starts leaking water after 4 months since installation. installer said it's common to leak water and asked me to quote for servicing price? is it so? especially when its new.

And only 1 unit has been using frequently about 12 hours a day.

this is ridiculous... how can leaking water be common at all unless you have not serviced it for a very very long time. Last time my aircon 1 whole year never service also never leak.

zeroxwolf

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I need to change out my parent's house aircon as it is spoilt already. I want to install aircon for 3 rooms and 1 living room

First of all, the BTU for each room, i will like to do the following
Room size
Bedroom 1: 10.5m2 8000 BTU
Bedroom 2: 10.5m2 8000 BTU
Master Rm: 14.7m2 12000 BTU
Living Rm: 36.2m2 22000BTU

Is it overkill??

Next, the model and price. I went to a few shops and ask for recommendation, they gave me the following.. Not sure if it is value for money.

rjAZb9z.png

Finally, any advice on who i should get to install the aircon? Courts, Best Denki, Gain City, Cool Serve or Tim (renotalk)

Appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Genomi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sharing quote:

$3,500

$3,850 (promo price)

Supply & Installation of
- Wiring System
- Drainage System – 16mm

Harlo.i want to get my ac for my new home too.
This is quoted by 1 friend.donno price ok or not

A) Mitsubishi Electric Starmex (2-ticks)
Model: MXY-3A28VA x 01
MSY-GE10VA x 01
MSY-GE13VA x 01
MSY-GE18VA x 01
$3050

B ) Mitsubishi Electric Starmex (5-ticks)
MXY-3G28VA x 01
MSXY-FJ10VE x 01
MSXY-FJ13VE x 01
MSXY-FJ18VE x 01
$3600 ( no stock)

Material
👇
22 SWG copper pipe
1/2" thickness Armaflex insulation class 'O'
Keystone wire
DNE trunking 16mm PVC drainage pipe ( Singapore brand)

Genomi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at system 3 for Starmex, for living room + 2 bedroom. I went to enquire with various salesman from GC, HN, courts, etc. recommending me to go with 2 ticks, because majority I'll only use 1 room each night, living room hardly on unless got guests or it's really hot weather. But then some salesman told me 5 ticks got no stock for whole of Singapore until November. So I dunno whether they are trying to push me 2 tick because 5 tick no stock, or is it because I won't see savings by having only 1 room operating daily; For 5 tick savings to kick in, must on all 3 aircons.

Differenc between 2 tick and 5 tick is 300-400 difference, I thought it would be good to go with 5 ticks as it's more future proof. Anyone have this dilemma before?

I ask gc they tell me nov have stock.Some tell me the 2 ticks last time is 4 tick but now change to 2 ticks.donno real or not.
How much they quote u?

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I need to change out my parent's house aircon as it is spoilt already. I want to install aircon for 3 rooms and 1 living room

First of all, the BTU for each room, i will like to do the following
Room size
Bedroom 1: 10.5m2 8000 BTU
Bedroom 2: 10.5m2 8000 BTU
Master Rm: 14.7m2 12000 BTU
Living Rm: 36.2m2 22000BTU

Is it overkill??

Next, the model and price. I went to a few shops and ask for recommendation, they gave me the following.. Not sure if it is value for money.

rjAZb9z.png

Finally, any advice on who i should get to install the aircon? Courts, Best Denki, Gain City, Cool Serve or Tim (renotalk)

Appreciate any advice. Thank you!

i trust only gain city. not overkill. upgrade your compressor if possible. mitsubishi 5 ticks

s016

Reaction score
Hi, My aircon contractor says for the copper pipe insulation, the middle is individual insulation. But for the end to the fcu, it is combined into 1. If not, the fcu cannot be closed. Is this correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.