Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

emperor2020

Reaction score
1)is higher condenser btu= higher electricity?

2) three ticks to 4 ticks, any difference

anyone , please reply, intend to buy this system

jst drop by PassiOn , ONE KM: MODEL:MKS71FSG~3XFTKS25DVM

PRICE : FOR ThE ABOVE WAS QUOTED AT $3300 ! BYDWAY GC-only $ 2900.THOUGHT DEALER MUCH "LESS"

PRICE FOR SMILE SERIES:65QVMG,25WVM X3-$3700, GC-$3290

ANYONE CAN SHARE THE PRICE DIFFERENCE , DEALER SEEM QUITE EX>?

FYI-JST SHARING?? NOT SUPPORTED OF GC , rather still looking reliable installer ? been looking seem "GC" offered good pricing??

ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH LIVECOOLSOLUTIONS??

Last edited:

aural

Reaction score
aircon starts leaking water after 4 months since installation. installer said it's common to leak water and asked me to quote for servicing price? is it so? especially when its new.

And only 1 unit has been using frequently about 12 hours a day.

I pray that you are not facing the same problem as me.

My ac also leaked water within the week of installation 4yrs ago. Subsequently Many problems occured like gas leak, parts spoilt.

I giving up with the current company. Best tech. Avoid at all cost please.

zensushi

Reaction score
Looking to replace my home's aircon units along with renovating the place.

Considering the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries aircon + the Mitsubishi Electirc 2- and 5-star Starmex models.

Confused liao... :s11: :s22:

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace my home's aircon units along with renovating the place.

Considering the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries aircon + the Mitsubishi Electirc 2- and 5-star Starmex models.

Confused liao...
:s11:
:s22:

dont bother mhi, get starmex.

zeroxwolf

Reaction score
i trust only gain city. not overkill. upgrade your compressor if possible. mitsubishi 5 ticks

Thanks. Like now i am inclined towards Mitsubishi or LG.

Mitsubishi, if i get 5 ticks, i heard that the CU is quite nosiy.

But LG i am worried about the reliability.

Any recommendations here?

Thanks!

X15

Reaction score
For new BTO 5 rooms, i plan to install air con in master bedroom, 2 common bedrooms, living room and 1 study room, preferably starmex, can any guru here recommend the best model?

ayuchan

Reaction score
I plan to install air con in my resale 3 room flat unit. One living room and two bedroom. Most of the time I will only on air con in masterbed room (not more than 10hours and not below 22 degree Celsius). Heard three to four tick is sufficient for my requirement? Any any recommendations?

Tourcrazy

Reaction score
We are considering between Mitsubishi and Daikin.
Been using Mitsubishi (installed by Gain City) for 6 years and having problems from the start (when we on the aircon in the master bedroom, there will be condensation on the aircon pipe in the other room).
Not sure if it is the problem with the aircon or the installation, but we decided not to go to Gain City this time round.
We have checked with Cool Serve and they recommended Daikin system 4 (3 ticks):
Model - 4MKS80FSG / 2 * FTKS25 / FTKS35 / FTKS71
Price - $4,387

Can i check if this is a good option? Just wanted to be more careful with our choice due to bad experience. welcome any comments. thank you.

orange_20

Reaction score
aircon starts leaking water after 4 months since installation. installer said it's common to leak water and asked me to quote for servicing price? is it so? especially when its new.

And only 1 unit has been using frequently about 12 hours a day.

if the compressor unit is dripping water it's normal.

if the fcu is dripping water, it's not normal. probably choked drainage

zensushi

Reaction score
(1) Mitsubishi Starmex: 2 ticks vs 5 ticks...

Was there a consensus on which to get, please?

(2) Would 2× System-2 for 4 bedrooms be better or should I get a System-4 with a bigger compressor?

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Like now i am inclined towards Mitsubishi or LG.

Mitsubishi, if i get 5 ticks, i heard that the CU is quite nosiy.

But LG i am worried about the reliability.

Any recommendations here?

Thanks!

i can't really comment on the compressor whether it's noisy. but since i'm living in new hdb design, with aircon ledge behind toilet, i don't hear anything when i'm out of toilet.

also, my compressor is sys5 for a sys4 setup.

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
(1) Mitsubishi Starmex: 2 ticks vs 5 ticks...

Was there a consensus on which to get, please?

(2) Would 2********* System-2 for 4 bedrooms be better or should I get a System-4 with a bigger compressor?

heard 4 ticks about 60% efficiency while 5 ticks about 75%.

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
We are considering between Mitsubishi and Daikin.
Been using Mitsubishi (installed by Gain City) for 6 years and having problems from the start (when we on the aircon in the master bedroom, there will be condensation on the aircon pipe in the other room).
Not sure if it is the problem with the aircon or the installation, but we decided not to go to Gain City this time round.
We have checked with Cool Serve and they recommended Daikin system 4 (3 ticks):
Model - 4MKS80FSG / 2 * FTKS25 / FTKS35 / FTKS71
Price - $4,387

Can i check if this is a good option? Just wanted to be more careful with our choice due to bad experience. welcome any comments. thank you.

if you could share the insulation they used for your piping. also, there are times junior work along with senior and they make mistakes. please watch them while they are installing.

terumo

Reaction score
Gain City by default uses Armaflex.

if you could share the insulation they used for your piping. also, there are times junior work along with senior and they make mistakes. please watch them while they are installing.

ohzzsej

Reaction score
Hi all

i need aircon replacement.

My hdb flat currently using StarMex for 2 bedrooms and 1 no aircon install. So decided to install in all 3 rooms now.

Decided to try the 5 ticks SMILE series by Daikin which is all over Channel 8 advertisements.

my contractor recommend the following after site visits.

Outdoor unit: MKS65QVMG
Indoor units: 3x CTKS25QVM including master bedroom.

my question is, if i want to on all 3 aircon for 8 hrs a day, is the above configuration good enough? cooling enough?

fyi. the rooms in my hdb flat is much bigger then the nowaday new tiny hdb flat.

emperor2020

Reaction score
Hi all

i need aircon replacement.

My hdb flat currently using StarMex for 2 bedrooms and 1 no aircon install. So decided to install in all 3 rooms now.

Decided to try the 5 ticks SMILE series by

Daikin which is all over Channel 8 advertisements.

my contractor recommend the following after site visits.

Outdoor unit: MKS65QVMG
Indoor units: 3x CTKS25QVM including master bedroom.

my question is, if i want to on all 3 aircon for 8 hrs a day, is the above configuration good enough? cooling enough?

fyi. the rooms in my hdb flat is much bigger then the nowaday new tiny hdb flat.

Just share,me when GC to bought it but the compressor is big not suutable for my 20 yrs Hdb aircon ledge, bydway Gc offered $3469(all in ,upgrade n ledge) dealer$37xx(no ledge)

Jst sharing only,

Fyi,Fcu only 9000 btu,Cu maybe(if i can recall) min 21000btu max 30000btu

Go Daikin website download the brochure

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.