Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiangzeng

Reaction score
In addition to my earlier message, I note gaincity.com has the most detailed listing of aircons it sells with all possible combinations. Also Letscool aircon also offers BTO 5 room package - read its offer on facebook.com.
As with all purchases, compare and contrast the options and then decide. I believe readers here also know this method.

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am going to install the below aircon in my new BTO and wanted to get some feedback and ideas on how to install the FCU.

MSY4A28VA
MXYGE10VA x3
MXYGE26VA x1

I do not have a beam in my living room wall and the kitchen side.

See the layout i drafted.

i5GbThs.jpg

interesting floor plan. how big is the window to the aircon ledge?

topherw86

Reaction score
Is the FJ the 5 ticks series? I heard that currently there is no stock and they are noisier as compared to the 2 ticks.

Choose a higher capacity compressor msy4a38 and fan coils with FJ for 5 ticks energy saving. So the living room is fitted with 24000 btu, Fj series doesn't have 26000 btu.

I am not aircon technician or seller. I am looking to install the aircons and have looked into Mitsubishi electric 4a38, 24000, 13000 each for my 2 bedrooms due to powerful sunlight from Feb to October on behind the flat and 9000 for small bedroom near corridor.

Recently I think I will buy Daikin smile series aircons mks90qvmg about 40000 btu, 2x9+13+24 combination. This combination doesn't allow double 13000 but I will check with air conditioning dealer for more information.

Thanks.

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
Didnt measure but they are the new BTO. I believe the compressor should be able to fit through.

dJyChV9.jpg

it's possible you can't choose the biggest compressor model. because of the window. or shld be ok upon closer look.

looking at ur floor plan again, it's gg to be difficult for big compressor.

Last edited:

topherw86

Reaction score
I should be sticking to the 4A28VA.
Should not be a problem.

Thanks for pointing this out. Will make sure to take measurement to be on the safe side. :)

it's possible you can't choose the biggest compressor model. because of the window. or shld be ok upon closer look.

looking at ur floor plan again, it's gg to be difficult for big compressor.

xiangzeng

Reaction score
mxy-4a28va = w x d x h 840 x 330 x 710mm. The aircon ledge is 1600mm (1.6m) long (width) but deduct the railings +- 100mm = 1500 mm usable space. Attach the piping> should be enough.
mxy-4a38va = 900 x 320 x 900 mm. Also enough to attach the piping... All these are considered by the architect or else the aircon ledge is useless everywhere due to shortage of space.

It is your purchase and your choice. I will not interfere. But when comes to living room aircon switches on and there will little left capacity for any one of 3 bedrooms. There will be a struggle to keep cool at bedrooms until the living room aircon is off with mxy-4a28va.

I got the dimensions from the catalogue from mitsubishi electric showroom. It still has not been updated much.

Thanks and bye. Off to wccftech for more exciting moments.

bongewj

Reaction score
Hi,

If I want to cool down three rooms simultaneously (floor areas approx 17, 14, and 13 sqm), is my current arrangement of 1x MA56EV16, 1x FT35DVM and 2x FT25DVM (All Daikin units) sufficient?

Thanks!

limchyehuat

Reaction score
Any comment on Best Tech installation and price?

Need to replace 16 yrs system 4. Sanyo flexi multi .

My existing trunking runs into some wall mounted furniture. Can ask installer to saw off and seal up the opening then run alternate route? Or can i use back old piping which is 16yrs old?

Daikin smile series system 4 around what price for 5 rm flat?

ronaldlsh

Reaction score
I am also considering to upgrade to the mxy-4a38va, anybody in the new BTO flat using this?

Same issue here, not sure if the window can go out not.

xiangzeng

Reaction score
Hi lim chye huat, read about the bad experience from Best Tech in the post below many pages down. Why company advertise ? either it suffered from bad publicity and wants to continue its sales or to inform the public of its products. You read and then decide.

go to gaincity . com to its system 4 Daikin aircons offers and have some ideas of prices before brackets and removal of old aircons. I don't work for gain city.. MKS80QVMG or MKS90QVMG compressors and the locations of installations - 3 bedrooms and living room. Download the brochure from daikin. com .sg for the smile series and refer to the combinations under these 2 compressors from page 29 to 34. 2.5 = 8500 btu, 3.5 = 12,000 btu and living room 7.1 = 24,225 btu. 1kw = 3412 btu. Hope this helps you.

Last edited:

xiangzeng

Reaction score
Hi Bongewj, phone calls to gain city, natural cool and lets cool aircon dealers for clearer assessment, price and advice on installation.

limchyehuat

Reaction score
Hi lim chye huat, read about the bad experience from Best Tech in the post below many pages down. Why company advertise ? either it suffered from bad publicity and wants to continue its sales or to inform the public of its products. You read and then decide.

go to gaincity . com to its system 4 Daikin aircons offers and have some ideas of prices before brackets and removal of old aircons. I don't work for gain city.. MKS80QVMG or MKS90QVMG compressors and the locations of installations - 3 bedrooms and living room. Download the brochure from daikin. com .sg for the smile series and refer to the combinations under these 2 compressors from page 29 to 34. 2.5 = 8500 btu, 3.5 = 12,000 btu and living room 7.1 = 24,225 btu. 1kw = 3412 btu. Hope this helps you.

How about cold engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.