HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #751

Hmm.........1st time i hear drainage pipe can sweat, only know d pipe can choke up with dirt/jelly..........could it be the dainage pipe connector to yr FC dainage joint is not secure properly, causing water to leak into the trunking?

Or is it leaking at the drainage pipe L joint plastic part?

hi guys... just wanna share something about my air-con problem. (sigh!)

If you've read my earlier post, I mentioned I upgraded my insulation to 3/4" ARMAFLEX on the copper pipes.

However, water has been accumulating inside the trunking leading to one of my FCUs just 2~3 weeks of running it.

GC came to check and it's interesting that it is not the insulation on the copper pipes that's giving problems, rather it was 'sweating' on the drainage pipe instead. GC removed the original insulation on the pipes and use a thicker ARMAFLEX one. That seems to have solved the problem but it has been 2 months and water is slowly being accumulated inside again (sigh!).

Anybody has similar experiences or solution? I'm thinking of asking them to run a separate trunking for the drainage pipe... but wonder if it'll help

Last edited by vsml; 24-08-2009 at 12:04 PM..
Old 24-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #752
Master Member

Hi all,

Planning to get a system3 air-con for new house..

can recommend me a brand? Mitsubishi? Panasonic?

Budget is abt 2.5k

thanks..
Old 24-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #753

Hi all,

Planning to get a system3 air-con for new house..

can recommend me a brand? Mitsubishi? Panasonic?

Budget is abt 2.5k

thanks..
Just installed Panasonic inverter sys3 last Sat. From GC. Very good. cooling very fast and quiet. They extended the 100 NTUC voucher promotion till this month end.
But you'd better measure your place (Ledge, etc) for the compressor first, Panasonic's outdoor unit is quite big.

Last edited by sunht; 24-08-2009 at 05:57 PM..
Old 24-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #754
Supremacy Member

hi guys... just wanna share something about my air-con problem. (sigh!)

If you've read my earlier post, I mentioned I upgraded my insulation to 3/4" ARMAFLEX on the copper pipes.

However, water has been accumulating inside the trunking leading to one of my FCUs just 2~3 weeks of running it.

GC came to check and it's interesting that it is not the insulation on the copper pipes that's giving problems, rather it was 'sweating' on the drainage pipe instead. GC removed the original insulation on the pipes and use a thicker ARMAFLEX one. That seems to have solved the problem but it has been 2 months and water is slowly being accumulated inside again (sigh!).

Anybody has similar experiences or solution? I'm thinking of asking them to run a separate trunking for the drainage pipe... but wonder if it'll help
i dont tink drainage wil sweat one. as long as got insulation for some distance, shldnt be any problem.

if drainage wil sweat, than i tink yr copper pipe wil be like tap water already.

so it shld be some area, the joint didnt connect properly, or it didnt apply glue, or nv glue properly, so it wil leak.

i tink the GC ppl new comer?
Old 24-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #755

Hi Guys, anyone knows what is Evactuation of the system (vacuum process)?

During my installation, I asked them to do an Evacuation of the system (vacuum process) before they 'release' the refrigerant into the system (Follow the instruction given by Singapore Air Con Blog.

But the installer from GC seems don't know (or pretend don't know) this. So in the end, the test was just done by on the Air con and let it run for few hours. So far no problems.

I'm just curious, what is that vacuum process and when you install your Air con, did your installer using that process to test?
Old 24-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #756
Supremacy Member

Hi Guys, anyone knows what is Evactuation of the system (vacuum process)?

During my installation, I asked them to do an Evacuation of the system (vacuum process) before they 'release' the refrigerant into the system (Follow the instruction given by Singapore Air Con Blog.

But the installer from GC seems don't know (or pretend don't know) this. So in the end, the test was just done by on the Air con and let it run for few hours. So far no problems.

I'm just curious, what is that vacuum process and when you install your Air con, did your installer using that process to test?
i tink this is done for the pressure..
Old 24-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #757

Vaccuming the system is to clear the copper piping of dirt/moisture/air before connecting all yr copper piping to the outdoor units.
Usually installer will just air purge the piping before testing the system.
Vaccuming the system before testing/commissioning the system will (IMO) lead to cooler air, longer compressor lifespan as no foreign objects are inside yr gas system.
Yr piping shld be just gas inside, be it R22 or R410A. No air, no dirt, no moisture. That's why its called vaccuming. Vaccum means noting inside. No air also, just gas. Vaccum can be used to check for gas leak also, so that before testing for the first time, the installer will roughly know if the equipment or piping is leaking after installation.

If the drainage pipe sweats, it might be the piping gradient is not enough, and water drains off too slowly and leads to condensation.

Just my views...
Old 25-08-2009, 12:11 AM   #758
Supremacy Member

Vaccuming the system is to clear the copper piping of dirt/moisture/air before connecting all yr copper piping to the outdoor units.
Vaccuming the system before testing/commissioning the system will (IMO) lead to cooler air, longer compressor lifespan as no foreign objects are inside yr gas system.
Yr piping shld be just gas inside, be it R22 or R410A. No air, no dirt, no moisture. That's why its called vaccuming. Vaccum means noting inside. No air also, just gas. Vaccum can be used to check for gas leak also, so that before testing for the first time, the installer will roughly know if the equipment or piping is leaking after installation.

If the drainage pipe sweats, it might be the piping gradient is not enough, and water drains off too slowly and leads to condensation.

Just my views...
oh ok...tink i remember wrongly.

n i tink mine also didnt do the vaccuming too..

Last edited by chunlianghere; 25-08-2009 at 12:13 AM..
Old 25-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #759

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Did anyone here get installer to do this Evactuation of the system (vacuum process)? As my installer from GC seems didn't know this.

"Usually installer will just air purge the piping before testing the system": Normally how do they do the air purge? Using special equipment or what?

Last edited by sunht; 25-08-2009 at 09:45 AM..
Old 25-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #760
Master Member

Just installed Panasonic inverter sys3 last Sat. From GC. Very good. cooling very fast and quiet. They extended the 100 NTUC voucher promotion till this month end.
But you'd better measure your place (Ledge, etc) for the compressor first, Panasonic's outdoor unit is quite big.
Hi,

how much u bought for ur panasonic inverter? CU-3S27JKZ?

wah any idea how big is the compressor? will go measure the ledge.

BTW for GC any other hidden cost? how many years warranty?

thanks...
Old 25-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #761

Hi,

how much u bought for ur panasonic inverter? CU-3S27JKZ?

wah any idea how big is the compressor? will go measure the ledge.

BTW for GC any other hidden cost? how many years warranty?

thanks...
I got it during their extended Expo sale (from Woodland shop). The price is the same as their price now. But with some free things:
- free extended 5 year unlimited warranty
- 100 NTUC voucher (This one i believe now still have till end 31 Aug)

No hidden cost. I thin their their standard warranty is 1+4 years (only first year is unlimited cover). 3 years installation warranty.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #762
Master Member

I got it during their extended Expo sale (from Woodland shop). The price is the same as their price now. But with some free things:
- free extended 5 year unlimited warranty
- 100 NTUC voucher (This one i believe now still have till end 31 Aug)

No hidden cost. I thin their their standard warranty is 1+4 years (only first year is unlimited cover). 3 years installation warranty.
hi mind sharing with me the price? can pm me.. thanks..

so how is the performance of the inverter so far?
Old 25-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #763

hi mind sharing with me the price? can pm me.. thanks..

so how is the performance of the inverter so far?
Panasonic Inverter Sys3 CU-3S27JKZ / CS-S9JKZW X 3. - $2789
Upgrade to Amarflex 1/2'', Gauge 22 Copper pipe - $180

Indoor: 290(H) x 870(W) x 204(D)mm
Outdoor: 795(H) x 875(W) X 320(D)mm

I switched it on every night in order to test, although in past three days, the weather is not hot and even heavy rain at night). No problems so far, very quiet. (indoor and outdoor), cooling very fast, it could be due to its high cooling capacity.

I even bought one room thermal meter to test. The temperature captured in the meter has the same reading as the one I set through remote control.

Last edited by sunht; 25-08-2009 at 01:53 PM..
Old 25-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #764
Supremacy Member

Panasonic Inverter Sys3 CU-3S27JKZ / CS-S9JKZW X 3. - $2789
Upgrade to Amarflex 1/2'', Gauge 22 Copper pipe - $180

Outdoor: 290(H) x 870(W) x 204(D)mm
Inddor: 795(H) x 875(W) X 320(D)mm

I switched it on every night in order to test, although in past three days, the weather is not hot and even heavy rain at night). No problems so far, very quiet. (indoor and outdoor), cooling very fast, it could be due to its high cooling capacity.

I even bought one room thermal meter to test. The temperature captured in the meter has the same reading as the one I set through remote control.
oh...wat room thermal meter u brought? pic? price?
Old 25-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #765

oh...wat room thermal meter u brought? pic? price?
from Daiso, $2.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.