HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #766
High Supremacy Member

Guys, I got quoted this..

1) 01 set of Panasonic new Fan Coil Unit 9000 BTU and stainless steel
bracket, exclude MCB & Isolator (CUPC9JKZ / CSPC9JKZ) -

a) To install 01 set of new Fan Coil Unit, copper pipes (total line, 23), insulation (armaflex), trunkings, drain pipes and bracket.
b) To charge in gas and put system into operation.

$980 before gst.. issit worth it?

1 year for complete unit and 1 year for compressor only by agent.
1 year workmanship by ***********.

Thanks
Old 25-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #767

Compressor warrt shld be 5 years.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #768

Air purge is to just release the gas inside yr outdoor unit and purge the air out before tightening the copper pipe connection.
No special equipment is needed.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #769
Supremacy Member

Compressor warrt shld be 5 years.
i tink he should be saying "additional 1 year warranty on compressor". for mine, where i brought from fairprice xtra, the agent from trends home provide additional 1 year warranty on compressor. so therefore total warranty on compressor is 6 years ba. manufacturer warranty is 5 years.
Old 25-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #770

Air purge is to just release the gas inside yr outdoor unit and purge the air out before tightening the copper pipe connection.
is it the "chi chi" sound?
Old 25-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #771

i tink he should be saying "additional 1 year warranty on compressor". for mine, where i brought from fairprice xtra, the agent from trends home provide additional 1 year warranty on compressor. so therefore total warranty on compressor is 6 years ba. manufacturer warranty is 5 years.
better check, the standard 5years is not unlimited. only first year is. after one year you still have pay.

Last edited by sunht; 25-08-2009 at 10:24 PM..
Old 25-08-2009, 10:58 PM   #772
Supremacy Member

better check, the standard 5years is not unlimited. only first year is. after one year you still have pay.
so u mean after 1 year, compressor is free, but labour charge, transport is not?
Old 25-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #773

hi guys

i have a set of system 3 Inverter aircon by toshiba for sale..still in very good condition. using R410a refrigerant. ceiling blacket included.

specs are :
outdoor unit: RAS-3M23YACV - 24,000BTU/Hr x 1 unit
indoor unit: a) RAS-M10NKCV - 9,000BTU/Hr x 2 unit
b) RAS-M13NKCV - 12,000BTU/Hr x 1 unit
retail price @$2900...

pls offer me your price @96901900...pics available .
cheers
Old 27-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #774
Master Member

i dont tink drainage wil sweat one. as long as got insulation for some distance, shldnt be any problem.

if drainage wil sweat, than i tink yr copper pipe wil be like tap water already.

so it shld be some area, the joint didnt connect properly, or it didnt apply glue, or nv glue properly, so it wil leak.

i tink the GC ppl new comer?
yup. just when we think we've seen it all... anyhow from what i observe on either the service team or the installation team, one of the GC guys would be an old-bird.

what GC did previously was remove the trunking cover, dry up the moisture inside and we blasted the air-con for about 20 minutes. And as we felt all 3 insulations (2 copper pipes and 1 drainage pipes), we realized the one on the drainage was getting pretty cold.

however i do agree that it may be a minor leak somewhere... even though i see GC apply the glue generously for all the joints.

anyhow, this time they came again to redo the drainage pipes and we decided to re-route the drainage so that it'll flow vertically down much earlier. hopefully that'll help. one thing to note was that half of the original drainage was using the one previously installed by my former free-lance contractor.

so two months after installation, i made a request on Sunday, GC called me up on Monday to fix appt and on Wed they came to attempt to solve the issue FOC. regardless if it'll finally solve my problem, i'm pretty happy with GC's level of service/committment.

Lastly, this is just my sharing. i'm not affliated to GC and i'm NOT recommending anything. Hee.
Old 27-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #775
Master Member

Vaccuming the system is to clear the copper piping of dirt/moisture/air before connecting all yr copper piping to the outdoor units.
Usually installer will just air purge the piping before testing the system.
Vaccuming the system before testing/commissioning the system will (IMO) lead to cooler air, longer compressor lifespan as no foreign objects are inside yr gas system.Yr piping shld be just gas inside, be it R22 or R410A. No air, no dirt, no moisture. That's why its called vaccuming. Vaccum means noting inside. No air also, just gas. Vaccum can be used to check for gas leak also, so that before testing for the first time, the installer will roughly know if the equipment or piping is leaking after installation.

If the drainage pipe sweats, it might be the piping gradient is not enough, and water drains off too slowly and leads to condensation.

Just my views...
ya... that makes sense: vaccuming the air before releasing the refrigerant into the pipes, but I dun think GC did that during my installation.

well, i'm pretty sure my initial drainage pipe was pretty horizontal for the first 1~2 meters, and incidentally this is also where the minor dripping occurred. (maybe like 1 drop per 5 minutes?).
Old 27-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #776
Master Member

hm... so is this purging the pipes with the gas (oredi inside the outdoor unit from manufacturer) to flush out the air in the copper pipes?
Old 27-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #777
Supremacy Member

hm... so is this purging the pipes with the gas (oredi inside the outdoor unit from manufacturer) to flush out the air in the copper pipes?
it is like plurgin all the air out from the copper pipe ba. also any other things which appears in the copper pipe also suck out.

but majority did not do this... but well, it stil works well..
Old 27-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #778

it is like plurgin all the air out from the copper pipe ba. also any other things which appears in the copper pipe also suck out.

but majority did not do this... but well, it stil works well..
Have you seen how they do this "Plurgin all air out from the copper pipe?" I'm just curious (still canot visualize) how they do this without special equipment.
Old 27-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #779
Master Member

Have you seen how they do this "Plurgin all air out from the copper pipe?" I'm just curious (still canot visualize) how they do this without special equipment.
Maybe it's like what i described in earlier post?

Compressors come with refridgerant gas, so maybe it's just using existing gas in the compressor to flush (or purge) out the air present in the copper pipes.
Old 27-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #780

To people who are going to install aircon, this air purge will be done just before they on your aircon for the first time. They will purge the air while they are doing the final tightening of all your nut connection @ the outdoor unit.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.