HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2016, 05:11 PM   #7816

Replacing air con

HI, My air con is very old and not working anymore, problem is the piping runs behind my wardrobe. Can installers run new piping for system 2 Aircon as I do not want to hack off the wardrobe just for the pipe.

Thank you
Old 14-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #7817

Anyone sold your old aircon parts before?

Want to sell Mitsubishi used aircon compressor or parts. Mitsubishi starmex system 1.
Old 15-06-2016, 08:26 AM   #7818
Arch-Supremacy Member

HI, My air con is very old and not working anymore, problem is the piping runs behind my wardrobe. Can installers run new piping for system 2 Aircon as I do not want to hack off the wardrobe just for the pipe.

Thank you
?????
You want them to install new piping yet dun Wan them to hack behind your wardrobe?

Old 15-06-2016, 08:40 AM   #7819

?????
You want them to install new piping yet dun Wan them to hack behind your wardrobe?
Get them to run the pipes through the wardrobe )
Old 15-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #7820

Considering daikin 3 ticks vs mitsubishi 2 ticks.
Price difference is $300+. I only on aircon for 1 of the room at night and off when i sleep.

Will it be alot saving if i choose 3 instead of the 2 ticks?
i used to have the same question as you do.
but now my mind is set upon Daikin.. as it makes only Aircon (if compared to M)...

2 and 3 ticks were used to by 4 and 5 ticks before NEA changes the regulations for methods to do testing of their annual power consumption and output.

the Current 4 ticks from M is more noisy and less power output..
and base on your mentioned usage... there will be no much saving if comparing the current 4 ticks and 2 ticks from M. Let alone, current 2 and 3 ticks.

i am not sure the $300 diff you mentioned about who is more expensive, but normally Daikin is slightly more ex then M, while M is slight more ex den LG etc..

to me, D is more ex due to the japan technology involved, while we are paying for the M commercials and the "flaps' that can be moved for easier wiping of the flaps.
While now a days, aircon arent made in Japan... hence its not the deciding factor anymore
Old 15-06-2016, 09:34 AM   #7821

Installation went well yesterday with Cold Engine however, woke up this morning and realized the compressor is dripping. Called them up immediately and their Boss told me that is normal coz of condensation. I have requested them to check again this afternoon and will update here again soon.
Dripping could be due to poor insulation at the compressor.
Better to get them fix, else over a period of time the compressor may rust.
Old 15-06-2016, 11:02 AM   #7822

Dripping could be due to poor insulation at the compressor.
Better to get them fix, else over a period of time the compressor may rust.
I did some researches online and called up Daikin SG yesterday and both provide me with the same feedback. It's normal for compressor to drip a bit due to condensation on those pipes.
Old 15-06-2016, 11:35 AM   #7823
Supremacy Member

I did some researches online and called up Daikin SG yesterday and both provide me with the same feedback. It's normal for compressor to drip a bit due to condensation on those pipes.
Can I check what you mean by compressor dripping? Dripping of water from the piping outside of the house near the compressor or the internal piping?
Old 15-06-2016, 02:52 PM   #7824

Ya, like run a new pipe from another place . Like in front of the wardrobe on the floor. I do not mind the pipe bracket sticking out a bit. Wonder if it is possible.
Old 15-06-2016, 02:56 PM   #7825

[QUOTE=serverxeon;101950985]?????

G
Ya was wondering if installer can run a new pipe in front of my wardrobe on the floor
Old 15-06-2016, 06:04 PM   #7826

Can I check what you mean by compressor dripping? Dripping of water from the piping outside of the house near the compressor or the internal piping?
My compressor is in laundry room and I can see the condensation is from the copper piping which connected to the compressor. It then flows downwards to a hole at the bottom of the compressor. It should be normal right?
Old 15-06-2016, 06:41 PM   #7827
Arch-Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=Neogary;101957482]
?????

G
Ya was wondering if installer can run a new pipe in front of my wardrobe on the floor
Can is can. Just look ugly only lor. Since it's gonna be one trunking in front of the wardrobe. Lol.

Old 15-06-2016, 07:49 PM   #7828
Supremacy Member

My compressor is in laundry room and I can see the condensation is from the copper piping which connected to the compressor. It then flows downwards to a hole at the bottom of the compressor. It should be normal right?
Yes. That is normal. For my Condenser, it is located outside my bedroom window so I dun see the water dripping but due to the environment heat, piping is cold when the aircon gas pass thru from Condenser to your fancoil, there will be condensation so it is normal.

I thought you are referring to the water dripping from the concealed pipe trunking.
Old 15-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #7829

Yes. That is normal. For my Condenser, it is located outside my bedroom window so I dun see the water dripping but due to the environment heat, piping is cold when the aircon gas pass thru from Condenser to your fancoil, there will be condensation so it is normal.

I thought you are referring to the water dripping from the concealed pipe trunking.
Daikin SG told me the same thing but I'm just wondering should Cold Engine connect a pipe/a tray/or some other thing underneath the compressor so that the water don't anyhow leak?
Old 15-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #7830
Supremacy Member

Daikin SG told me the same thing but I'm just wondering should Cold Engine connect a pipe/a tray/or some other thing underneath the compressor so that the water don't anyhow leak?
My old Condenser do have a tray and water drainage pipe to toilet and it was done by previous owner's installer. It was a old type of setup and nowadays, nobody fit another tray below the Condenser for the water.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.