HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree892Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2016, 05:45 PM   #7891
Supremacy Member

LG air con promo for 5 years warranty for all parts, ending this june end. I wonder if anyone getting their air con considering the warranty and current LG red fair promo.
The aircon installer for my Daikin Silver Envi also advised not to get Korean aircon like Samsung and LG as many issues will arise even it is quite new like 1 year and above.

Most preferred brands for aircon are still Daikin and Mitsubishi.

Old 22-06-2016, 05:51 PM   #7892

The aircon installer for my Daikin Silver Envi also advised not to get Korean aircon like Samsung and LG as many issues will arise even it is quite new like 1 year and above.

Most preferred brands for aircon are still Daikin and Mitsubishi.
I agree... Better to be safe
Old 22-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #7893
Supremacy Member

I agree... Better to be safe
He did mention the worst is the China Aircon - Midea, many issues and he rather dun do the installation if he has the choice.

Old 22-06-2016, 05:55 PM   #7894

Finally, the day for my aircon installation has come. Scott from Cold Engine just delivered the 3 set of Silver Envi Fancoil, 1 set of normal 18KBTU fancoil and 4 sets of D-Mobile.

Eagerly awaiting end review of installation.....

EDIT: Mind commenting on this in one of your previous posts? Do you still consider them to be "stuck up"?

Initially I want to get a quote from the one of the Aircon Installer in the Renotalk Forum, send them the configuration 1 month ago and they reply with the quotation.

I have resend them the same configuration to check any price change but they refuse to provide me the estimated price and asking me to provide the floor plan to have the estimated price. I told them I do not have the floor plan as mine is the resale flat and not BTO but they want me to draw out the plan instead.

I don't think I want to let them do the installation as the price they quote me is also very high, almost $4700 for Daikin System 4 with Silver Envi Series for 3 rooms and normal fancoil for the living room.

Last edited by NoiRequiem; 22-06-2016 at 08:17 PM..
Old 22-06-2016, 09:39 PM   #7895
Supremacy Member

Renotalk forum no more cheap or in fact more ex than shops. They got greedy.
Old 22-06-2016, 09:41 PM   #7896
Supremacy Member

Eagerly awaiting end review of installation.....

EDIT: Mind commenting on this in one of your previous posts? Do you still consider them to be "stuck up"?
Here is my review of the installation :

Fancoil and compressor arrived around 11plus. The installers who are brothers arrived before 11.30am and started the dismantling of my old Aircon and piping.

I have a small chat with the main installer who is the elder brother, he commented that his boss do not overcharge customer and looking for long term business. He also mentioned that their schedule are quite full as many customers will recommend them to their friends so I dun think they are stuck up but too busy.

They mentioned that my Silver Envi are the 2nd sets which they just installed so they are still not very familiar with the fancoil and the installation are a bit difficult to install compared to the older models.

The overall installation ended around 8pm with a little help from another of their 2 friends around 4pm.

The installer provides a good advice on how the piping should run even though it is different from what the boss, Scott mentioned.

I must say that the workmanship are very good and they really concealed every single holes etc, there are some left out portion which they will cover up after I told them.

Overall, the workmanship are good, professional and neat. They even help to sweep up all the dusts and rubbish before they left my flat. Before they left, they did a test on all the fancoils to ensure all are working well. They commented that Silver Envi is very nice with the led light on the right bottom of the fancoil, the remote control also comes with led backlit which is very useful.

As my flat has not connect internet so unable to test out the D-Mobile, I will definitely engage them for my regular servicing since the pricing for each fancoil is not very expensive as well.

NoiRequiem likes this.

Last edited by carlover76; 22-06-2016 at 09:45 PM..
Old 22-06-2016, 11:32 PM   #7897
Master Member

[QUOTE=carlover76;102101385]Here is my review of the installation :

Fancoil and compressor arrived around 11plus. The installers who are brothers arrived before 11.30am and started the dismantling of my old Aircon and piping.

I have a small chat with the main installer who is the elder brother, he commented that his boss do not overcharge customer and looking for long term business. He also mentioned that their schedule are quite full as many customers will recommend them to their friends so I dun think they are stuck up but too busy.

They mentioned that my Silver Envi are the 2nd sets which they just installed so they are still not very familiar with the fancoil and the installation are a bit difficult to install compared to the older models.

The overall installation ended around 8pm with a little help from another of their 2 friends around 4pm.

The installer provides a good advice on how the piping should run even though it is different from what the boss, Scott mentioned.

I must say that the workmanship are very good and they really concealed every single holes etc, there are some left out portion which they will cover up after I told them.

Overall, the workmanship are good, professional and neat. They even help to sweep up all the dusts and rubbish before they left my flat. Before they left, they did a test on all the fancoils to ensure all are working well. They commented that Silver Envi is very nice with the led light on the right bottom of the fancoil, the remote control also comes with led backlit which is very useful.

As my flat has not connect internet so unable to test out the D-Mobile, I will definitely engage them for my regular servicing since the pricing for each fancoil is not very expensive as well.

carlover76 likes this.
Old 23-06-2016, 10:31 AM   #7898
Supremacy Member

Bro, I never register on-line. Just send over my warranty cards and sale invoice by post. Cause they said they need all this for proof for 1+2 years warranty claim.

Should I call them ask, if they received my mail????????????

If they say never received, I die liao?
I was told by Scott to register online too, probably will call Daikin Hotline to confirm the mode of warranty registration.
Old 23-06-2016, 11:45 AM   #7899

I was told by Scott to register online too, probably will call Daikin Hotline to confirm the mode of warranty registration.
Are you able to find out for me does Daikin Aircon got amperes limit?
ME set their ampere limit to 8.5A as factory default. But can switch off this function.
Old 23-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #7900
Supremacy Member

Are you able to find out for me does Daikin Aircon got amperes limit?
ME set their ampere limit to 8.5A as factory default. But can switch off this function.
I don't think there is Ampere Limitation for Daikin Aircon, you can refer under Capacity Tables on Page 25 from the below PDF.

Daikin Multi Split Aircon Specs
Old 23-06-2016, 12:24 PM   #7901
Arch-Supremacy Member

Toshiba 3m24 any users?
I'm using it for sys 2,
Any opinion?

Old 23-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #7902
Supremacy Member

The website said must send together with sale invoice to them to qualify for the extra warranty.

And Daikin warranty card only got send portion, no other portion for user to keep.

You send liao, mean you don't left anything for the set series no. for your record.
Just called the Daikin Hotline and was told by the staff that the online warranty registration is not ready yet, I have to send in the warranty card for the registration and they will send out the certificate estimated around 2 month's time.

Guess it is better to scan a copy as for our record purpose just in case that the card was lost during the sending process.
Artliner15Aug77 likes this.
Old 23-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #7903

LG air con promo for 5 years warranty for all parts, ending this june end. I wonder if anyone getting their air con considering the warranty and current LG red fair promo.
I've just install LG system3 from Nat Aire Builder.
A4UQ26GFA2 Condensing unit (5 Ticks)
AMNC09GDBA2 fancoil 9000btu
AMNC12GDBA2 fancoil 12000btu 02 units
come with bracket and upgrading of insulation to SWG21.
for a total of $3339.
I was given $50 ntuc voucher by Nat Aire builder
and $300 dairy farm vouchers by LG.
Standard warranty like others and LG give 5 years on other spare parts.

Installation was good. Only 5days overall performance above average.
The reason I pick LG over ME was I wanted a 5 ticks unit. Hearsay for some installer that ME 5 ticks model condensing unit is noisy when running.
So I check on the catalogue found that ME MXY3G28VA 5 ticks, 56db(A).
As for LG A4UQ26FA2 was at 49db(A).
Second factor was price of installation ME cost $3800+
For me I think good buy.
Old 23-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #7904

Just called the Daikin Hotline and was told by the staff that the online warranty registration is not ready yet, I have to send in the warranty card for the registration and they will send out the certificate estimated around 2 month's time.

Guess it is better to scan a copy as for our record purpose just in case that the card was lost during the sending process.
My installation date was on 13 Jun and I registered on 19 Jun online via Daikin website. Daikin send me a warranty certificate via email within mins. 3 years warranty on fan-coil unit and 5 year warranty on compressor.
Old 23-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #7905
Supremacy Member

My installation date was on 13 Jun and I registered on 19 Jun online via Daikin website. Daikin send me a warranty certificate via email within mins. 3 years warranty on fan-coil unit and 5 year warranty on compressor.
I see, guess I will be more KiaSu to register online and send in the warranty card at the same time.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.