HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #781
Supremacy Member

Hi guys!

Quite new to all this air-con stuffs, so wish to seek all experiece people here to guide me.

Recently, my old air-con spoiled already, so intend to change a whole new system.

Going for a Inverter system 3 air-con, looking at Panasonic, Mitsubishi Electric and Daikin.

I got read a couple of pages here regarding about the Armaflex insulation & copper pipe stuffs....

What is this actually? on the Armaflex and copper stuffs?

And what to look out for?

Gain City a better choice?

Regards.
Old 27-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #782
Master Member

To people who are going to install aircon, this air purge will be done just before they on your aircon for the first time. They will purge the air while they are doing the final tightening of all your nut connection @ the outdoor unit.
I think that is what my installer had done.although i didn't see how he did, I heard the "chee chee" sound. the gas out sound.
Old 28-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #783
Master Member

Hi guys...

saw this page regarding R22.

http://www.coolsystems.info/dynamicd...efrigerant.asp

R22 is gg to be phase out soon? Most non-inverter using R22 rite?

so in future have to buy inverter?
Old 28-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #784
Supremacy Member

Hi guys...

saw this page regarding R22.

http://www.coolsystems.info/dynamicd...efrigerant.asp

R22 is gg to be phase out soon? Most non-inverter using R22 rite?

so in future have to buy inverter?
haha..

doesnt mean R22 is phase out, non-inverter also hav to phase out ma..

non-inverter also hav R410A..
Old 28-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #785
Master Member

haha..

doesnt mean R22 is phase out, non-inverter also hav to phase out ma..

non-inverter also hav R410A..
yup... but if wan system 3 and non-inverter using R410A i can only find

Mitsubishi Electric
MUX-3BD23VB / 3 X MS-B10VB

Old 28-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #786
Supremacy Member

yup... but if wan system 3 and non-inverter using R410A i can only find

Mitsubishi Electric
MUX-3BD23VB / 3 X MS-B10VB

hmm..ok.

but than if near to the end of R22, by tat time, all the manufacturer wil start production of new R410A non-inverter ba... cos now stil far away, so they wont make so many model. this is wat i tink la..
Old 28-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #787
Master Member

according to a promoter in GC..

R22 will stop in 2011..
Old 28-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #788

Would like to check with you guys here at what temperature settings do u set at night when u sleep?

I tried different fanspeed and temp settings for the past few nights from 24 to 27 degrees.............finally managed to find that 26 degrees is the ideal one.

The old people saying, do not let the aircon blow the cold air directly at u, cos it's not good for u, but instead adjust the lourves to blow the air in the other direction. Do you guys do that or dun care..........
Old 28-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #789
Supremacy Member

Would like to check with you guys here at what temperature settings do u set at night when u sleep?

I tried different fanspeed and temp settings for the past few nights from 24 to 27 degrees.............finally managed to find that 26 degrees is the ideal one.

The old people saying, do not let the aircon blow the cold air directly at u, cos it's not good for u, but instead adjust the lourves to blow the air in the other direction. Do you guys do that or dun care..........
25 degrees, auto fan speed.

i let the lourver swing up & down...
Old 28-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #790

R22 is still cheaper compared to R410a.
I would advise all bros/sis to install system using R22. R410 still not commonly used in hdb.
Old 28-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #791
Supremacy Member

R22 is still cheaper compared to R410a.
I would advise all bros/sis to install system using R22. R410 still not commonly used in hdb.
yup..i agree.
Old 28-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #792

Armaflex is the black insulation material than wraps the copper pipe. The thicker the better.

Standard copper pipe that installer give is Gauge AWG 23 or 24, this is ok if yr aircon is using the old gas R22. But with the newer R410A gas, as it's operating at a higher pressure, installer recommend guage AWG22 thicker pipe. Some installer uses AWG23 which they say is good enough.

Hi guys!

Quite new to all this air-con stuffs, so wish to seek all experiece people here to guide me.

Recently, my old air-con spoiled already, so intend to change a whole new system.

Going for a Inverter system 3 air-con, looking at Panasonic, Mitsubishi Electric and Daikin.

I got read a couple of pages here regarding about the Armaflex insulation & copper pipe stuffs....

What is this actually? on the Armaflex and copper stuffs?

And what to look out for?

Gain City a better choice?

Regards.
Old 28-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #793
Supremacy Member

Armaflex is the black insulation material than wraps the copper pipe. The thicker the better.

Standard copper pipe that installer give is Gauge AWG 23 or 24, this is ok if yr aircon is using the old gas R22. But with the newer R410A gas, as it's operating at a higher pressure, installer recommend guage AWG22 thicker pipe. Some installer uses AWG23 which they say is good enough.
ooh ok, thanks for the enlighten on the copper pipe and armaflex.

so for brand wise, which is better? in terms of saving consumption and quiet?

Old 28-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #794

bro, DYOR la. Go browse thru' NEA website.

For myself, i choose MHI becos of the features i wanted, ME dun have.

In terms of energy saving. ME is the 1st, MHI is 2nd, Daikin and Panasonic is the same....3rd most energy saving.

It also depends on yr usage pattern......like every night u use aircon only for 1 room or 2 room or all 3 rooms all on.

ooh ok, thanks for the enlighten on the copper pipe and armaflex.

so for brand wise, which is better? in terms of saving consumption and quiet?

Old 29-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #795
Master Member

bro, DYOR la. Go browse thru' NEA website.

For myself, i choose MHI becos of the features i wanted, ME dun have.

In terms of energy saving. ME is the 1st, MHI is 2nd, Daikin and Panasonic is the same....3rd most energy saving.

It also depends on yr usage pattern......like every night u use aircon only for 1 room or 2 room or all 3 rooms all on.
Still have to check particular model. Eg. brand A' s model A is more energy saving than Brand B's Model A, but Brand A's Model B may be less energy saving than Brand B's Model B. So just say certain brand is more energy saving is not so correct.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.