HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree892Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #7981
Master Member

After multiple mentions of Cold Engine here, I got my system 3 installed yesterday by them as well. It was a team of 3, although two of them couldn't speak very much English (my Chinese is quite bad) so I could really only converse with one who was also the team leader I think. Workmanship is decent from what I can tell and they do offer 2 year warranty on that, although the second year excludes insulation problems. They did clean up most of the debris although thorough cleaning still had to be done as there was plenty of fine plaster. Registered warranty online with no problems as well (extra 3 months on top of the promotion). Overall, very satisfied with the purchase.
Which aircon brand and model you bought
Old 02-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #7982

After multiple mentions of Cold Engine here, I got my system 3 installed yesterday by them as well. It was a team of 3, although two of them couldn't speak very much English (my Chinese is quite bad) so I could really only converse with one who was also the team leader I think. Workmanship is decent from what I can tell and they do offer 2 year warranty on that, although the second year excludes insulation problems. All the relevant checks and procedures were also performed, though I can't say how well it was done as I'm not an expert. They did clean up most of the debris although thorough cleaning still had to be done as there was plenty of fine plaster. Registered warranty online with no problems as well (extra 3 months on top of the promotion). Overall, very satisfied with the purchase.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:39 PM   #7983

is this any good? Panasonic system 4.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:53 PM   #7984

sorry to ask a noob question... how to tell which indoor unit is having the 9k or 12k or 24k BTU output

Brand: Mitsubishi Starmex
Outdoor unit:MXY-3G28VA

Indoor unit: MSXY-FJ05/07/10/13/18/24VE

Was looking at the specification but dunno how to read
Old 02-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #7985
Supremacy Member

Indoor unit usually from the model number can tell liao.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:04 PM   #7986

Indoor unit usually from the model number can tell liao.
thks.. found some info on another website whereby it state:

MSXY-FJ10VE = 9k BTU

MSXY-FJ18VE = 18k BTU.

Another noob question.. for the indoor unit, can I choose which model to use (eg: both units to be 18k BTU model) as long as the outdoor unit can support or it is a standard package
Old 02-07-2016, 06:30 PM   #7987
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can choose. Of cos. But having said that, don't oversize on purpose. Cos your own room humidity will be screwed up

Old 03-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #7988

My son will soon be moving into his 4-Room HDB Resale apartment. The master room and adjoining room comes with a Fujitsu Inverter split unit run by a compressor.

As these units appeared to be pretty new, probably less than 3 years at most, i would like to know if it is possible to add a similar model to the 3rd bedroom, and replacing the current compressor? Or would it be advisable to just replace a new 3 unit split air cond system?

Thank you.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:43 PM   #7989
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is possible. But you need to find a compatible compressor for the current 2 fancoils. If it's an old model, you might have trouble finding. But if it's recent enough then it is possible.

Technically if the fancoils are working fine, don't need to replace. But the piping and coolant is another thing. You might wanna replace those.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #7990
Supremacy Member

Can also consider another system 1 for the third room. Need to install extra powerpoint, and check if air con ledge can accomodate two compressor. FOr simplicity, just get a window unit, but this will be noisy.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:33 PM   #7991

Thanks guys, appreciate your replies. Cost wise, I guess getting a 3 unit split complete with new trunking and compressor will be more cost effective. A window unit as mentioned, will be noisy in comparison.

Cheers!
Old 04-07-2016, 12:45 AM   #7992
Supremacy Member

is this any good? Panasonic system 4.

i assume is from courts. i need to know the compressor model to know the max power and ticks to comment. 3.4k for system 4 is pretty good if it is 4 ticks system with more than 8kw max power. also need to know the coverage of the warranty

this is a 2 ticks compressor. most likely clearing stocks. the compressor is only 7kw so it can only support if only 3 aircon are on at the same time

Last edited by tanjhj; 04-07-2016 at 09:39 PM..
Old 04-07-2016, 12:54 AM   #7993
Supremacy Member

Coolserve pricing seems higher
nat aire has lowest price guarantee
Old 04-07-2016, 11:45 AM   #7994

After multiple mentions of Cold Engine here, I got my system 3 installed yesterday by them as well. It was a team of 3, although two of them couldn't speak very much English (my Chinese is quite bad) so I could really only converse with one who was also the team leader I think. Workmanship is decent from what I can tell and they do offer 2 year warranty on that, although the second year excludes insulation problems. All the relevant checks and procedures were also performed, though I can't say how well it was done as I'm not an expert. They did clean up most of the debris although thorough cleaning still had to be done as there was plenty of fine plaster. Registered warranty online with no problems as well (extra 3 months on top of the promotion). Overall, very satisfied with the purchase.
I have purchased Daikin system 2 from them as well after reading all those reviews here on mid Jun 2016. Honestly speaking, their price is decent however, their workmanship is pretty normal. They are good if u don't pay for those minor details but if u do, my advice is do consider twice. My brother is a site coordinator and he has more experiences in this area than me.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #7995
Supremacy Member

Guys i like to share this brand n combo for those thinking of getting system 4.
There is this brand call beko from europe. Their system 2 4 ticks selling at 1500. You can consider get two system 2 at 3000 instead of one system 4 at $4000+. Also, you get max power of 10kw instead of the normal 7-9kw.

You can switch off power of one of the system 2 when u dun need it.

http://www.lazada.sg/beko-prosmart-i...o0000srcvt0500

Edit. Made in europe air con but prices exclude installation so yeah not as cheap but may still suit some of you

Last edited by tanjhj; 04-07-2016 at 12:26 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.