HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #796

Yes agreed

Still have to check particular model. Eg. brand A' s model A is more energy saving than Brand B's Model A, but Brand A's Model B may be less energy saving than Brand B's Model B. So just say certain brand is more energy saving is not so correct.
Old 29-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #797

R22/R410a, Gauge 23 piping is enough.
Gauge 22 is for commerical or industrial use. G22 pipe very thick, resulting in big trunking which u wouldn't want it flying around your hse.

If installation using G23 piping, no bent or cross piping. Chances of sweating occuring is very low, with Class 1 insulation.
If your piping is say G24 with bent portion, even using the thickest insulation with Class 0 grade will not help to solve the sweating/condensation problem.

So bros/sis here, if installing aircon, get G23 piping with Class 1 insulation will do, provided the installers uses benders to bend your piping @ corners and pipes are lay nicely inside the trunking.
Some might tink Class 0 insulation are better. IMO, wats the use of buying good speakers for your car when the head unit is not good enough to project such a good sound? Just stating an example.

Just my views.

Last edited by terumo; 29-08-2009 at 08:33 PM..
Old 30-08-2009, 02:33 AM   #798

Dear all,

Juz update status of purchase. I had purchased :

SCM80ZG-S / 3 x SKM28ZG-S / SKM35ZG-S, MHI,system 4 from GC, $4k with what what upgrade, what what 5yrs warranty with parts, labour & transport. Installation, mid Sept.

Thank you to helpful people in forum.

Hi Bro Mike, how's ur aircon? heehee.
Old 30-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #799
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dear all,

Juz update status of purchase. I had purchased :

SCM80ZG-S / 3 x SKM28ZG-S / SKM35ZG-S, MHI,system 4 from GC, $4k with what what upgrade, what what 5yrs warranty with parts, labour & transport. Installation, mid Sept.

Thank you to helpful people in forum.

Hi Bro Mike, how's ur aircon? heehee.
Congrats man!

Post pic before and after?

I simply loved mine, Daikin! Very cool and quiet. Too bad it lacks some of new good feature like fan after shutdown to prevent mould. I dont need inverter as we have less usage =)

Last edited by mikezuper; 30-08-2009 at 05:15 PM..
Old 30-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #800

Hi, guys, I am new here.

I am installing my air-con, System 3 soon.

Is Pansonic Envio, NON-Inverter, good enough??

Any negative feedback about this air-con?

Also, which foam brand is better?

Armaflex or Accoflex? One air-con contractor quoted me with Armaflex while the other quoted me with Accoflex. Both quoted me 3/8" thick insulating foam.

I tried to google for both brands, but can't seemed to get any useful comparison between the two.

Can any experienced person be kind enough to advise me???

I had requested for a 1/2" thick foam compared to the normal 3/8" foam which both air-con guy quoted me. Still waiting for their quote on the 1/2" thick foam.

Thanks in advance for any advice(s).

Thank you.
Old 30-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #801

Congrats man!

Post pic before and after?

I simply loved mine, Daikin! Very cool and quiet. Too bad it lacks some of new good feature like fan after shutdown to prevent mould. I dont need inverter as we have less usage =)
Hi bro Mike, will post pic later.

Currently, me manually set fan mode in morning, before off aircon.

Not too sure what's temp u set. For me, i normally set at 25-26dec. Most of the time, compressor already cut out, running fan only .
Old 30-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #802
Supremacy Member

Hi bro Mike, will post pic later.

Currently, me manually set fan mode in morning, before off aircon.

Not too sure what's temp u set. For me, i normally set at 25-26dec. Most of the time, compressor already cut out, running fan only .
how long do u let it run fan mode?

25/26 degrees is the most optimised temp. cos at tat time, the temp is reached, tats y the compressor is stop.

congrats on your new aircon!
Old 30-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #803
Supremacy Member

Hi, guys, I am new here.

I am installing my air-con, System 3 soon.

Is Pansonic Envio, NON-Inverter, good enough??

Any negative feedback about this air-con?

Also, which foam brand is better?

Armaflex or Accoflex? One air-con contractor quoted me with Armaflex while the other quoted me with Accoflex. Both quoted me 3/8" thick insulating foam.

I tried to google for both brands, but can't seemed to get any useful comparison between the two.

Can any experienced person be kind enough to advise me???

I had requested for a 1/2" thick foam compared to the normal 3/8" foam which both air-con guy quoted me. Still waiting for their quote on the 1/2" thick foam.

Thanks in advance for any advice(s).

Thank you.
if u hav a choice to choose, go for armaflex.
Old 30-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #804
Master Member

how long do u let it run fan mode?

25/26 degrees is the most optimised temp. cos at tat time, the temp is reached, tats y the compressor is stop.

congrats on your new aircon!
Can check Does this "compressor stop" thing happen to Inverter Air-con too? I thought for inverter air-con, it will keep running even the temp is reached. No more on and off frequently like non-inverter.

I maybe wrong.
Old 31-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #805

Invertor aircon, compressor will run @ slower speed when temp set is reach. (like car idling). When temp is maintained or drops furthers, compressor will still cut off.
Old 31-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #806
Master Member

Invertor aircon, compressor will run @ slower speed when temp set is reach. (like car idling). When temp is maintained or drops furthers, compressor will still cut off.
Thanks.
Another question, how to see compressor is on or off? is it from the fan at outdoor unit.

Let's say if i saw the fan at outdoor unit (Inverter Air Con) stop after sometime running (Meanwhile my indoor FCU stopped blowing too, but i didn't switch it off), does that mean the compressor is stopped too?

Last edited by sunht; 31-08-2009 at 10:07 AM..
Old 31-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #807

if u hav a choice to choose, go for armaflex.
Thanks for your advice, chunlianghere.

I was quoted Panasonic Envio 3 using G23 pipings with Armaflex 1/2" insulation @ S$2,200 comes with S$100 NTUC vouchers while stock last.

Is it worth?

I am looking at negotiating the price down to either S$2,100 with the S$100 NTUC vouchers OR S$2,000 WITHOUT the S$100 NTUC vouchers.

Any advice(s)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by seahmh; 31-08-2009 at 01:22 PM..
Old 31-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #808
Master Member

R22/R410a, Gauge 23 piping is enough.
Gauge 22 is for commerical or industrial use. G22 pipe very thick, resulting in big trunking which u wouldn't want it flying around your hse.

If installation using G23 piping, no bent or cross piping. Chances of sweating occuring is very low, with Class 1 insulation.
If your piping is say G24 with bent portion, even using the thickest insulation with Class 0 grade will not help to solve the sweating/condensation problem.

So bros/sis here, if installing aircon, get G23 piping with Class 1 insulation will do, provided the installers uses benders to bend your piping @ corners and pipes are lay nicely inside the trunking.
Some might tink Class 0 insulation are better. IMO, wats the use of buying good speakers for your car when the head unit is not good enough to project such a good sound? Just stating an example.

Just my views.
i totally agree with this.

listen to this guy... he knows his stuffs.
Old 31-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #809
Supremacy Member

Thanks for your advice, chunlianghere.

I was quoted Panasonic Envio 3 using G23 pipings with Armaflex 1/2" insulation @ S$2,200 comes with S$100 NTUC vouchers while stock last.

Is it worth?

I am looking at negotiating the price down to either S$2,100 with the S$100 NTUC vouchers OR S$2,000 WITHOUT the S$100 NTUC vouchers.

Any advice(s)?

Thanks in advance.
price looks quite gd wit $100 ntuc voucher + upgrade to 1/2" insulation..

To ALL who is going to install new aircon/copper pipe truckin installation:
Do look the copper piping(wit insulation) laid in the trucking b4 cover up. make sure the copper pipe is not popping out. wat i mean is tat the copper pipe is not straight in the truckin, some bends which is over the thickness of the truckin. so therefore when the truckin is cover up, the copper pipe/insulation is against the cover of the truckin. this wil causes the insulation to decrease its thickness, which eventually become flat. at tat time condensation/sweating wil come out at tat area. this wil also cause wastage of electricity.

for mine, i hav already repair it myself many areas which the insulation is flat(which i can c sweating at tat area).

Last edited by chunlianghere; 31-08-2009 at 05:17 PM..
Old 31-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #810

price looks quite gd wit $100 ntuc voucher + upgrade to 1/2" insulation..

To ALL who is going to install new aircon/copper pipe truckin installation:
Do look the copper piping(wit insulation) laid in the trucking b4 cover up. make sure the copper pipe is not popping out. wat i mean is tat the copper pipe is not straight in the truckin, some bends which is over the thickness of the truckin. so therefore when the truckin is cover up, the copper pipe/insulation is against the cover of the truckin. this wil causes the insulation to decrease its thickness, which eventually become flat. at tat time condensation/sweating wil come out at tat area. this wil also cause wastage of electricity.

for mine, i hav already repair it myself many areas which the insulation is flat(which i can c sweating at tat area).
Thanks for your advice, chnlianghere.

Update :
Giving the benefit of doubt to the air-con contractor that my ID recommended, the air-con contractor SMSed me just after lunch today that for the price of S$2,100 he quoted me for the Panasonic Sys 3, it will be G22 pipings with Armaflex 3/4" insulation foam. There will also be a S$100 NTUC vouchers.

All my other air-con quotes with the same price are using only G23 pipings with Armaflex 1/2" insulation foam.

Guess becuse it is through my ID's recommendation that I am getting a better deal with the same price.

Think I will stick to the air-con contractor recommended by my ID.

Thanks for your advice.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.