HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2016, 07:11 PM   #8371

Saw Daikin's tv ad on their 5 ticks compressor, annual cost less than $300??!! What is the catch? Why isn't everyone buying that, since the operating costs seems much lower = lower electricity bills every month?

Is it just the initial high set up cost of Daikin? High maintenance costs, like BMW cars? Or am I missing something else? Hope someone can explain to the noob here! XD
If it's urusara that u r referring to, single split $2720 (cool world website) how to install? Too ex liao
Old 09-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #8372

If it's urusara that u r referring to, single split $2720 (cool world website) how to install? Too ex liao
I meant the Daikin Envi series being promoted on tv. Where the annual cost is stated as 200++ on the energy sticker.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:11 PM   #8373

I meant the Daikin Envi series being promoted on tv. Where the annual cost is stated as 200++ on the energy sticker.
Oic... I nvr watch TV so not sure about it...
Old 09-08-2016, 11:53 PM   #8374

Hi, complete noob at aircons and seeking advice from experts here if possible:
- Staying in resale flat for about a decade, it came with Daikin aircons already installed: 3 same model FCU (FT2531V1) in 3 rooms + 1 bigger FCU in living room, only 1 compressor dunno what model or capacity. No idea BTU rating for the FCUs, but remember was told cannot switch on all 4 FCUs at same time. Not sure when aircons were installed but I'm already 3rd owner, so these aircons must be antiques!

- Know it runs against common advice but since we don't like sleeping with aircon so they were rarely used. Recently one of them finally conked out, no response to remote or only can on for few seconds to at most 1 hour. Even turned on by itself before. Now completely no response. Got someone from aircon servicing company to take a look, he said the sensor controller or something like that (where there's led light turned on when you press remote) needs to be replaced. His office said they will source for it & inform us but already quite long and still no news. So thinking about options to solve problem.

Questions:
- Can a single FCU be replaced in this situation? Room size is about 17sqm or 185 sq ft, so 9000BTU FCU sufficient? Budget constraint so not thinking about changing the entire system at this point.
- Can only use back Daikin or also other brands?
- Can reuse old piping or need to replace piping & hack walls? Understand old & newer systems use different coolants that are incompatible?
- I see that Sys 1 comes with its own compressor, so does it replace my old compressor or how?
- Any other things to consider?
- If replacing a single wall-mounted FCU is not very cost effective or is complicated considering all the factors, any use to get a portable aircon instead?

Sorry for being long winded. Hope to get some good advice & suggestions, appreciate all your help and thanks in advance.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:28 AM   #8375

IMO, when my 8 year old units had issues with the remote sensor, I took the opportunity to replace the units.
The newer ones will be more efficient, quieter, and more cost effective in the long run.
If the trunking is exposed, it's best to replace it.
Good luck.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019...tup-42019.html
Old 10-08-2016, 04:29 PM   #8376

To Iceman88,

Your outdoor unit aka compressor should be MA561v1.
You can choose to replace just a Daikin blower unit alone but stand the risk of the rest failing shortly there after.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:50 PM   #8377

Anyone uses Urusara 7 12000 BTU Single Spilt for their 4 room L shape new BTO ?
Old 10-08-2016, 09:24 PM   #8378
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any recommendation for Daikin installer with good price?

Can PM me if not nice to post here. I

Looking at 2 units of system 2.
My new home recently got brochure from Classic Air Services. New start up company price damn low but no reviews about them.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:57 PM   #8379

There's no free ride guys..
There's a basic amount that the aircon costs.
The rest of the money goes to handiwork, trunking cost etc.
Don't save unwisely..

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019...tup-42019.html
Old 13-08-2016, 11:23 AM   #8380

Nat Aire has promotion for LG till 30 Sept.

I am thinking of replacing my koyak Sharp system 2 with LG High Cap system 4.

Anyone has bad experience with LG aircon?
Old 13-08-2016, 06:15 PM   #8381

Hi, complete noob at aircons and seeking advice from experts here if possible:
- Staying in resale flat for about a decade, it came with Daikin aircons already installed: 3 same model FCU (FT2531V1) in 3 rooms + 1 bigger FCU in living room, only 1 compressor dunno what model or capacity. No idea BTU rating for the FCUs, but remember was told cannot switch on all 4 FCUs at same time. Not sure when aircons were installed but I'm already 3rd owner, so these aircons must be antiques!

- Know it runs against common advice but since we don't like sleeping with aircon so they were rarely used. Recently one of them finally conked out, no response to remote or only can on for few seconds to at most 1 hour. Even turned on by itself before. Now completely no response. Got someone from aircon servicing company to take a look, he said the sensor controller or something like that (where there's led light turned on when you press remote) needs to be replaced. His office said they will source for it & inform us but already quite long and still no news. So thinking about options to solve problem.

Questions:
- Can a single FCU be replaced in this situation? Room size is about 17sqm or 185 sq ft, so 9000BTU FCU sufficient? Budget constraint so not thinking about changing the entire system at this point.
- Can only use back Daikin or also other brands?
- Can reuse old piping or need to replace piping & hack walls? Understand old & newer systems use different coolants that are incompatible?
- I see that Sys 1 comes with its own compressor, so does it replace my old compressor or how?
- Any other things to consider?
- If replacing a single wall-mounted FCU is not very cost effective or is complicated considering all the factors, any use to get a portable aircon instead?

Sorry for being long winded. Hope to get some good advice & suggestions, appreciate all your help and thanks in advance.
I think your aircon should be a non inverter R22 system. Actually for non inverter systems it is very easy to replace the indoor unit as you can use any brand non inverter fan coil to replace the spoilt one. But daikin non inveter are very popular so should be no problem finding a replacement daikin.No need to do anything with the piping, just remove the old one and put in the replacement. Important thing is to ensure that the replacement is non inveter and runs on R22 coolant. But do note non inveter aircons have been mostly phased out since 2013 so you'll need to settle for a second hand refurbished unit as you pretty much can't buy a new one anymore. You can call up those companies that deal with second hand aircons and they will be able to assit you find a suitable replacement Fcu. Also second hand means the cost will also be kept to a minimum. I also don't use aircon much and my carrier non inverter system is more than 20 years old and when the original compressor died we changed to a sanyo one and it works fine till today. No need to change to a new system unless you really want to.

Last edited by Jmathew1108; 13-08-2016 at 06:20 PM..
Old 14-08-2016, 01:43 AM   #8382

Hi, would like to ask for opinion. My living room aircon now no longer cold. 1 month+ ago ask to check and feedback as the gas is empty, have gas leak, so he advised to replace new but he didn't say is pipe leak or the aircon yet he said will need to replace whole thing. My aircon is Fujitsu more than 5 yrs old. Do I still ask for service or just replace new because now have the led flash said current trip error.

If recommend to change, can recommend a brand? Is those auto cleaning feature really works?
Old 14-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #8383

how is Samsung AR series aircon, look like a lot of features. LG hv 10 years compressor warranty now.

should I go for gain city, nataire or bestdenki with the cc rebate?
Old 15-08-2016, 04:57 PM   #8384

how is Samsung AR series aircon, look like a lot of features. LG hv 10 years compressor warranty now.

should I go for gain city, nataire or bestdenki with the cc rebate?
Went to GC.

LG is made in Korea.
Old 17-08-2016, 12:19 AM   #8385
Supremacy Member

Hi, would like to ask for opinion. My living room aircon now no longer cold. 1 month+ ago ask to check and feedback as the gas is empty, have gas leak, so he advised to replace new but he didn't say is pipe leak or the aircon yet he said will need to replace whole thing. My aircon is Fujitsu more than 5 yrs old. Do I still ask for service or just replace new because now have the led flash said current trip error.

If recommend to change, can recommend a brand? Is those auto cleaning feature really works?
fujitsu quite problematic and ex spare parts. i susggest change to mhi n change ur trunkings and cables n pipes.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.