HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2016, 06:16 AM   #8386
Master Member

Can I ask is the MHI with the upgraded btu uses more electricity then others? E reason I ask is because when I went to gain city and those Neighbourhood shops this is what they told me. The electricity consumed even more on the upgraded btu with MHI.

fujitsu quite problematic and ex spare parts. i susggest change to mhi n change ur trunkings and cables n pipes.
Old 17-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #8387
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can I ask is the MHI with the upgraded btu uses more electricity then others? E reason I ask is because when I went to gain city and those Neighbourhood shops this is what they told me. The electricity consumed even more on the upgraded btu with MHI.
just wait for the 9k btu stocks to come into singapore.
Old 18-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #8388

Hi Bros

Anyone has any suggestions to make this look better? Not looking to hack and replace the tiles. Should I make it shorter?

Thanks for input.

Old 18-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #8389

To jason910,

Its actually more efficient in this way.
Old 18-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #8390
Arch-Supremacy Member

Someone quote me sys 3 upgrade to g22 at 30$ per fan coil. 1 compressor got how many fan coil? Mitsubishi one.
Old 18-08-2016, 11:22 PM   #8391
Master Member

Sorry more efficient in what way?

To jason910,

Its actually more efficient in this way.
Old 19-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #8392

To jason910,

Energy saving.
Old 19-08-2016, 11:55 PM   #8393
Arch-Supremacy Member

Avoid the free upgrade to 12k btu, if your room is only sized for 9k btu. Reason, slightly higher energy consumption and higher-than-ideal humidity levels.

Old 20-08-2016, 03:58 AM   #8394
Master Member

Thanks I think the 12k btu is energy consuming and overkill for the HDB rooms. I'm still undecided to go with the newer aircon with Brand’s like Daikin Panasonic or Mitsubishi.

Avoid the free upgrade to 12k btu, if your room is only sized for 9k btu. Reason, slightly higher energy consumption and higher-than-ideal humidity levels.
Old 21-08-2016, 11:58 AM   #8395
High Supremacy Member

has anyone tried installing chiur own aircon?
Old 21-08-2016, 01:25 PM   #8396

Thanks I think the 12k btu is energy consuming and overkill for the HDB rooms. I'm still undecided to go with the newer aircon with Brandís like Daikin Panasonic or Mitsubishi.
12k might be useful for the MBR, but not really needed for the other rooms, especially in the modern flats with smaller rooms.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019...tup-42019.html
Old 21-08-2016, 06:27 PM   #8397

In my calculation, MHI 9k vs 12k difference is about $15 per month.
That said, it depends on factors like the cooling requirement and location of the room.

E.g. they could be people who "die die" want 20 degrees during day time.
Old 21-08-2016, 10:59 PM   #8398
Master Member

Thanks Petetherock and keenklee
Old 22-08-2016, 05:48 PM   #8399

I think your aircon should be a non inverter R22 system. Actually for non inverter systems it is very easy to replace the indoor unit as you can use any brand non inverter fan coil to replace the spoilt one. But daikin non inveter are very popular so should be no problem finding a replacement daikin.No need to do anything with the piping, just remove the old one and put in the replacement. Important thing is to ensure that the replacement is non inveter and runs on R22 coolant. But do note non inveter aircons have been mostly phased out since 2013 so you'll need to settle for a second hand refurbished unit as you pretty much can't buy a new one anymore. You can call up those companies that deal with second hand aircons and they will be able to assit you find a suitable replacement Fcu. Also second hand means the cost will also be kept to a minimum. I also don't use aircon much and my carrier non inverter system is more than 20 years old and when the original compressor died we changed to a sanyo one and it works fine till today. No need to change to a new system unless you really want to.
Thanks for your advice, will certainly look into this option as wasn't aware before of companies selling 2nd hand aircons since in S'pore all the focus is on new aircon systems.

By the way, wonder if anyone can verify this. I made casual enquiries at Gain City and a Daikin Pro shop and was told that if want to only replace one FCU (indoor unit) in an old system it is not allowed/not possible for HDB flats but can be done for landed property owners? So if HDB dwellers are suay to kena one unit spoilt have to bite bullet to replace the entire system? Can experts here verify that is true? Or simply the talk of salesmen who only interested in selling multi split systems?

Also, if old system is like System 4 (3 bedroom + living room) and if replace must replace System 4? If feel living room unit is redundant, can I choose only to have System 3 for the bedrooms? Appreciate your advice, thanks.
Old 25-08-2016, 01:40 PM   #8400

curious. anyone has any review for AJ Aircon?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.