HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2016, 05:22 PM   #8431

from airconquotations. seems like air connection not bad. any review on them?
I gave them a bad review coz they were late for my first time site consultation. Moved on to the next on the list and happy to find a good and attentive provider.

On a fair note, maybe mine was an one off case as I'm particular with punctuality.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:57 PM   #8432

hi,
anyone has experience with Best denki and Fusion Air-con, their contractor for installation?
Old 05-09-2016, 06:03 PM   #8433

Stayed in multiple apartments and have agents in the family. I'd avoid Daikin as they are unreliable, noisy and not cold - even for a brand new set.

Can't say much for their higher end units, but the standard Daikin fair should be avoided imho.

No issues with mcquay and the rest. Toshiba has fantastic made in Japan compressors, but the blowers.. could be better.

Based on what I see and hear...mitsubishi's the best? What about panasonic btw.
My friend installed Daikin system 3 (3mks71fsg) in June this year and till now no problem and very quiet and cooling.
Only thing is make sure to check the fcu is not slanted when they install.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:40 AM   #8434
Supremacy Member

guys..

my house, 1 master bedroom, 2 common bedroom and a living room, running a system 4, mitsubishi heavy industry, with compressor outside service yard.

Pls recommend a good air con service coy tat can do the below,

1) clean 4 indoor fan coils,
2) chk pressure of refrigerant, and pump if need
3) clean outdoor compressor

pls provide contact and quote if u got haha..

Thx in advance..
Old 06-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #8435
Supremacy Member

I am using mitsubishi starmex 5 ticks
System 4
9k x2
13kx1 mbr
24k living room

Cost 4.5k
GC
So far so good
Old 07-09-2016, 12:02 AM   #8436

Hi all,

any good and reliable air con installers to recommend?

My close to 5 years panasonic air con is finally reaching its end of endurance mainly due to bad installation, bad piping and bad cabling. the installation is so bad that the whole air con trunking start to sweat and condense after few months. eventually leaked into my walls and paint. now my rooms the walls look like ****.

I think due to the water and moisture it affected the cabling and now one of my FCU cannot turn on anymore. ask ppl to check and they say the whole set of aircon condition is very bad.

I think i will go for replacement of entire aircon, including all the piping and trunking. Any good place to recommend?

The installation workmanship, piping, cabling is utmost importance to me. I want to avoid all the installation headache and nightmare which i encountered. I am prepared to pay premium but the quality must be good

Thanks
Old 07-09-2016, 12:03 AM   #8437

i'm deciding between the following AC.

D 4MKS80FSG + 3xFTKS25DVM + 1xFTKS71FVM
MIT MXY-4A28VA + 3xMSY-GE10VA + 1xMSY-GE24VA
MIT MXY-4G28VA + 3xMSXY-FJ10VE + 1xMSXY-FJ24VE
MHI SCM80ZJ-S + 3xSRK25ZJ-S + 1xSRK71ZK-S

A few questions for discussion.

1) Does higher airflow (CMM) means faster cooling down of the rooms?

2) Running current for MSXY-FJ10VE and MSXY-FJ24VE are 0.35A and 0.52A respectively, very much lower than the 3.xA and 1x.xA for the rest of the models. This means the power consumption is much lower since Power = Voltage x Current. Is my understanding correct?

3) With any of the above combination, i can only switch on for either 1 x living room or 3 x bedrooms and shouldn't try 1 x living room and 1 x bedroom right?

4) Wonder if MXY-4G28VA is worth it for reliability and durability?

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2016, 06:42 AM   #8438
Supremacy Member

i'm deciding between the following AC.

D 4MKS80FSG + 3xFTKS25DVM + 1xFTKS71FVM
MIT MXY-4A28VA + 3xMSY-GE10VA + 1xMSY-GE24VA
MIT MXY-4G28VA + 3xMSXY-FJ10VE + 1xMSXY-FJ24VE
MHI SCM80ZJ-S + 3xSRK25ZJ-S + 1xSRK71ZK-S

A few questions for discussion.

1) Does higher airflow (CMM) means faster cooling down of the rooms?

2) Running current for MSXY-FJ10VE and MSXY-FJ24VE are 0.35A and 0.52A respectively, very much lower than the 3.xA and 1x.xA for the rest of the models. This means the power consumption is much lower since Power = Voltage x Current. Is my understanding correct?

3) With any of the above combination, i can only switch on for either 1 x living room or 3 x bedrooms and shouldn't try 1 x living room and 1 x bedroom right?

4) Wonder if MXY-4G28VA is worth it for reliability and durability?

Thanks!
Go for fj series . U wont regret
Old 07-09-2016, 09:50 AM   #8439

Thanks galaxynote. What is the significant differences between the FJ and the older GE series? The airflow figure seems higher so is my understanding that higher is better is correct?

Need to dig $4550 for the FJ from somewhere..

Go for fj series . U wont regret
Old 07-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #8440
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks galaxynote. What is the significant differences between the FJ and the older GE series? The airflow figure seems higher so is my understanding that higher is better is correct?

Need to dig $4550 for the FJ from somewhere..
U can also look at daikin smile series. 5 tick Aircon. Just launch. From spec, it seems abit more powerful.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:09 PM   #8441

Wow! Thanks devilcup.

After comparing, i think i will get whichever is cheaper. MXY-4G28VA or MKS80QVMG.

Based on spec, only the 9000 BTU indoor unit got difference. MSXY-FJ10VE @16.9m3/min vs CTKS25QVM @10.8m3/min. The outdoor unit and 24000 BTU inddor unit very similar though.

U can also look at daikin smile series. 5 tick Aircon. Just launch. From spec, it seems abit more powerful.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:29 PM   #8442

I am using mitsubishi starmex 5 ticks
System 4
9k x2
13kx1 mbr
24k living room

Cost 4.5k
GC
So far so good

4.5k for the above spec is very good price leh.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #8443

Thumbs up Reliable and Trustworthy - Newway

Hi all,

any good and reliable air con installers to recommend?

My close to 5 years panasonic air con is finally reaching its end of endurance mainly due to bad installation, bad piping and bad cabling. the installation is so bad that the whole air con trunking start to sweat and condense after few months. eventually leaked into my walls and paint. now my rooms the walls look like ****.

I think due to the water and moisture it affected the cabling and now one of my FCU cannot turn on anymore. ask ppl to check and they say the whole set of aircon condition is very bad.

I think i will go for replacement of entire aircon, including all the piping and trunking. Any good place to recommend?

The installation workmanship, piping, cabling is utmost importance to me. I want to avoid all the installation headache and nightmare which i encountered. I am prepared to pay premium but the quality must be good

Thanks
Hello OrangePineapple!

I bought a new Mitsubishi System 3 from Newway about a year ago.

It was a SUPERB experience for me and everything has been working very well.

I found them from online research and also recommendations from other users in this forum.

If you are look for a reliable and trustworthy company, I think you should really check out their services.

I am certain Newway is a safe bet as even my husband (a very very picky man) was equally impressed with their services!
Old 07-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #8444
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow! Thanks devilcup.

After comparing, i think i will get whichever is cheaper. MXY-4G28VA or MKS80QVMG.

Based on spec, only the 9000 BTU indoor unit got difference. MSXY-FJ10VE @16.9m3/min vs CTKS25QVM @10.8m3/min. The outdoor unit and 24000 BTU inddor unit very similar though.
I guess you referring to the air flow. Found the airflow, ME one mention as high airflow while daikin did not mention... Maybe they all by default spec as high airflow. Anyway Correct me if i am wrong, i think the efficiency from the main Compressor is more important.

Last edited by devilcup; 07-09-2016 at 04:00 PM..
Old 07-09-2016, 04:39 PM   #8445

You are right. i took the reading as max air flow.

How to calculate the efficiency of the main compressor? Is it output(KW) / input(KW)? Its very tiring to google from many websites to piece together all the information.

@galaxynote: is starmex 5 tick system very quiet? the compressor will be just outside my master bedroom, don't want a "generator" running. haha..

I guess you referring to the air flow. Found the airflow, ME one mention as high airflow while daikin did not mention... Maybe they all by default spec as high airflow. Anyway Correct me if i am wrong, i think the efficiency from the main Compressor is more important.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.