HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree892Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2016, 09:17 PM   #8641
Master Member

Few things may happened:
1) Insufficient refrigerant - simple, just top up. Check for leakage
2) Choked refrigerant pipe - unlikely and can be checked easily and just replaced the section which are choked
3) Spoiled invertor (motor) - Good game - can go buy a new compressor or get whole new system.
4) IC board spoiled - possible, just replace new IC board.

We cannot advise you on how much the cost from Mit or outside serviceman. Its all up to you.
Thank.
Look like the best worst scenario is to replace the Ic board.

Top up refrigerant will never solve the problem and just like sweep under the floor and changing the compressor could be very costly
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 27-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #8642
Master Member

4rm hdb will take sys4 or 3+1 or 2+2(daikin 5tick no sys1??)
Nowadays with 90-96m2 of 4rm hdb, sys4 is sufficient.
Asakura and WhyNPNT like this.
Old 27-10-2016, 09:31 AM   #8643
Master Member

Thank.
Look like the best worst scenario is to replace the Ic board.

Top up refrigerant will never solve the problem and just like sweep under the floor and changing the compressor could be very costly
Replace IC board aint the best scenario, it is common that once a IC board was overloaded or overheated or duno whatever reason spoiled, 2nd IC board will follow spoiled easily eg. $350 for a Samsung blower IC board

Best Scenario was just to top-up refrigerant.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 27-10-2016, 12:25 PM   #8644
Master Member

Replace IC board aint the best scenario, it is common that once a IC board was overloaded or overheated or duno whatever reason spoiled, 2nd IC board will follow spoiled easily eg. $350 for a Samsung blower IC board

Best Scenario was just to top-up refrigerant.
Forgot to mention my sys 3 is non inverter. The fault lies with the capacitor that connected to the compressor. They just replaced the capacitor for $57. Total repair cost is about $200 as need to pay labour and transport charges. Now my bedroom aircon OK Liao.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 28-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #8645
Master Member

Forgot to mention my sys 3 is non inverter. The fault lies with the capacitor that connected to the compressor. They just replaced the capacitor for $57. Total repair cost is about $200 as need to pay labour and transport charges. Now my bedroom aircon OK Liao.
haha - sibeh lucky for you!
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 28-10-2016, 11:57 PM   #8646
Great Supremacy Member

thanks man. so 3bedrm on at the same time will not be a problem to cool down right

Nowadays with 90-96m2 of 4rm hdb, sys4 is sufficient.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 29-10-2016, 12:33 PM   #8647

Hi, I got a Panasonic system 3. Already use for few years. Recently one of the unit, cannot turn on. I realized the incoming voltage on abt 15Vac. So can I check, how the installation done normally? Did all 3 units come in one wire and separate to 3, or it come all 3 sets of wires start beginning from the belcony switch? Anyone know this?

Thanks in advance
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 29-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #8648
Supremacy Member

yes - it is way more sufficient with 38VA. the 9K btu + 18btu do not always blow at 100%. At high power - it is estimated to consume only 80% of full power = 7.2k btu only. At auto mode, to sustain temp of 25C - the inverter can calibrate usage of 40-60% btu depending on the temp in room. 9K BTU is the max, no blower or user will use max (16C at max fan speed plus high power). Anyone here use this setting?

Dun worry - a 28VA is suffice to support 9k BTU x4 even at warm night. Compressor are also have overclocked in case all 4 blower set at max, compressor will just use more power and work harder. Still cooling in fact.

Last common question: bigger compressor = more efficient? Yes it does at more power regardless unless!. 28VA will use 12A at optimal max compare to 38VA use 15.28A at optimal max. 20% more electric power usage!

What is the unless? Yes - unless your daily usage is only 1 room which in turn both 28VA and 38VA will likely to consume same power to run. Simplify - if you use more room, more power is use on 38VA, more efficient, more cooler.

Configuration is up to your choice.

*small tip - avoid MHI...
bro, can ask why avoid mhi? it is a common problem that they are not cold?
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 29-10-2016, 01:08 PM   #8649
Great Supremacy Member

same applies for daikin ?

Spoiler!
WhyNPNT likes this.

Last edited by Asakura; 29-10-2016 at 01:49 PM..
Old 31-10-2016, 11:05 AM   #8650

Need help here.

After returing home from my 2 weeks oversea trip. My 2 other bedrooms aircon could only blow air but not cold air. My masterbed room is OK. My aircon is Mitsubishi starmex sys 3 . It was installed in 2008 and last servicing was done after CNY.

I was told that my masterbed indoor unit was connected to one motor and the other 2 bedrooms which are blowing the hot air are connected to another motor during the installation. I hope some experts should be able to identify the problem and roughly advised me what is the cost of repairing this issue either from Mitsubishi or outsider aircon repairer?
you might be right but i have once faced similar issue too but it was due to some valve problems. could be the same for you. best is to get someone to check it out for you la.

aiya it is always safer to go back to mitsubishi la. any **** happens can just throw it back to them coz it is their brand mah. but i heard they can be expensive and may have a long waiting list.

you can also try a company i m using now (newway.sg) which is recommended by my aunt and they are oso highly recommended in the forum too. from my knowledge, they do provide both installation and maintenance services for many brands. see what you need lor.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 31-10-2016, 12:41 PM   #8651
Master Member

same applies for daikin ?
Of cos! Same applied for all brands except Midea...
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 31-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #8652
Master Member

bro, can ask why avoid mhi? it is a common problem that they are not cold?
Yes, in short- who wanna buy an AC sys which dun have lasting cooling effect?

Price is cheaper - of cos for some reason why

Definitely an inferior designed compared to it's sister model aka Starmex

If you insist of getting a MHI, I would prefer buying a Panasonic non-inverter. Both are cheap but Panasonic definitely win in term of cool efficiency in long run of durability.
WhyNPNT likes this.

Last edited by gentoro; 31-10-2016 at 12:46 PM..
Old 31-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #8653

can pass me the company detail

[QUOTE=galliano;104385431]Got a quotation for 2.8k for Mitsubishi System 3 including change-out of my aircon ducts at home. Not sure if price is ok.

My current Panasonic died after 11 years.

i also have a quotation from the air-con supplier, 2.8K FOR Mitsubishi system 3 indoor unit (3 indoor unit, model: 3XMSYGE10VA, 9000BTU) exclude changing the pipe.can you provide your air-con supplier contact so that i can ask the quotation to compare.Thks!
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #8654
Master Member

guys, midea can buy? looking at sys 2.

chance upon any current promo to share?
WhyNPNT likes this.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:17 AM   #8655
Master Member

guys, midea can buy? looking at sys 2.

chance upon any current promo to share?
U really keen on midea? lolz... very best of luck to you.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.