HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #856

Oh yah, one more thing, my air-con contractor is trying hard to "invite" me to upgrade to a Panas0nic Invertor, Envio, System 3, think it is the latest model of the Panas0nic Envio Sys 3 Invertor, at S$2980.

Is it worth this price?? I was hoping to ask him for room for negotiations.

Thanks.

Last edited by seahmh; 06-09-2009 at 02:53 PM..
Old 06-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #857

Your aircon outdoor unit sit on ledge or s/s bracket?
If no need bracket, $3k is a bit on the high side.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #858

Toshiba aircon

After reading thru the threads left by all of you... finally decided on my Aircon and made my move yesterday...

I bought my Aircon from GC...

It's a Toshiba unit..

Compressor is 24000 BTU model - RAS3M20SACV INVERTER. * 1
INDOOR UNIT * 3
RASM10SKCV - 9000BTU EACH.
costing $2739/-

(including full installation(new pipe, new trunking and patching).

Gave me the choice of $250/- voucher (NTUC or robinson i think)
or
5 years (1+4) warranty by GC. ($359/-)

So i choose the 5yrs warranty to give a peace of mind... if anything spoil, they say will repair, free labour, transports.. blah blah...

I upgrade the piping from the basic to Armaflex (they say is 1/2 inch type). costing $180/-

did not take the servicing package from them as i find it too expensive (something like $70 each time).

Then they were having the promotion.. then my lucky dip gave me yet another $60/- off from the armaflex pipe... so i paid $120/- instead of the original $180/-.

they gave me a lifetime membership too... with 500 + 2800 (each dollar spent is 1 point), therefore is 3300 points (equal to $33/- voucher to offset any future purchase).

they also gave me 28 pieces of Lucky draw coupon... for the F1 race promo stuffs... so if kena lagi worthit... hahah.

(Also help me to dismantle the old Sys 4 at my house, dismantle fee $200/-,
Trade in to GC. $200/-) equal $0/-..

I think that all i could remember off...

So all in all i paid $2859/- in total including GST 7%.

Let me have your comments on my buy....
Old 07-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #859
Supremacy Member

After reading thru the threads left by all of you... finally decided on my Aircon and made my move yesterday...

I bought my Aircon from GC...

It's a Toshiba unit..

Compressor is 24000 BTU model - RAS3M20SACV INVERTER. * 1
INDOOR UNIT * 3
RASM10SKCV - 9000BTU EACH.
costing $2739/-

(including full installation(new pipe, new trunking and patching).

Gave me the choice of $250/- voucher (NTUC or robinson i think)
or
5 years (1+4) warranty by GC. ($359/-)

So i choose the 5yrs warranty to give a peace of mind... if anything spoil, they say will repair, free labour, transports.. blah blah...

I upgrade the piping from the basic to Armaflex (they say is 1/2 inch type). costing $180/-

did not take the servicing package from them as i find it too expensive (something like $70 each time).

Then they were having the promotion.. then my lucky dip gave me yet another $60/- off from the armaflex pipe... so i paid $120/- instead of the original $180/-.

they gave me a lifetime membership too... with 500 + 2800 (each dollar spent is 1 point), therefore is 3300 points (equal to $33/- voucher to offset any future purchase).

they also gave me 28 pieces of Lucky draw coupon... for the F1 race promo stuffs... so if kena lagi worthit... hahah.

(Also help me to dismantle the old Sys 4 at my house, dismantle fee $200/-,
Trade in to GC. $200/-) equal $0/-..

I think that all i could remember off...

So all in all i paid $2859/- in total including GST 7%.

Let me have your comments on my buy....
hmm..not bad!

type of copper pipe? G22, G23?

btw do take pic of your installation!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #860

hi fellas...

i pass by GC today... so I went to check... yes apparently price went up... it's $3729 for Toshiba Inverter Sys-4 now.

while i got it at $3589... should be early last month bah.
yesterday at GC at SK, i saw Sys 4 qoute for around $3200.... their dun know what special sales..
Old 07-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #861

hmm..not bad!

Upgrade of Copper 23 to 22.. for sys 3. costing $60/-... is Copper 22 better than Copper 23? don't really know...
Old 07-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #862

hmm..not bad!

not yet install... coming to my house to install 2 weeks later... after the lunar 7th month... will try to take some pic then,..
Old 07-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #863
Supremacy Member

Upgrade of Copper 23 to 22.. for sys 3. costing $60/-... is Copper 22 better than Copper 23? don't really know...
not yet install... coming to my house to install 2 weeks later... after the lunar 7th month... will try to take some pic then,..
ya..G22 is better than G23 as the thickness is thicker.

ok..
Old 07-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #864

Unhappy

ya..G22 is better than G23 as the thickness is thicker. but in this case, G23 is enough liao.

ok..
argh... been chop!!
they like say mine is R410 for the refrigerant... the gas travel at below 0 degree... so advise me to get upgrade for pipe to last longer.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #865
Supremacy Member

argh... been chop!!
they like say mine is R410 for the refrigerant... the gas travel at below 0 degree... so advise me to get upgrade for pipe to last longer.
how come been chop?

yup...most inverter uses R410. which is colder than R22. so its gd to upgrade to 1/2" insulation.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #866

Scrapped my 5 year old McQuay system 4 and replaced with a Mitsubishi Heavy Industry system 3 this May. So far so good. No complains.

By the way McQuay been taken over by Daikin.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #867
Supremacy Member

Any one has any recommendations for buying lights, e.g. ceilings lights for my living room, my three bed-rooms, my kitchen, also the dimmer lights for my false ceilings??

The contractor broght my wife and I to the so-called "affiliated" lights shops at Balestier Road... Prices not very attractive, I was hoping to look for a third opinion from another light shop. I only know Tai Yong near Selegie Road...

Thanks in advance.
The whole stretch of balestier road are mostly lightings shops, you can take a walk there or go renotalk dot com to seek reviews. One of the most popular shop highlighted there is lightings dot com dot sg but seems like no delivery. Prices shown on website seems to be cheap. I gotten mine from Dreamz Lights opp of shaw plaza, sales & delivery svcs are good, i got my own electrician to install.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #868

The whole stretch of balestier road are mostly lightings shops, you can take a walk there or go renotalk dot com to seek reviews. One of the most popular shop highlighted there is lightings dot com dot sg but seems like no delivery. Prices shown on website seems to be cheap. I gotten mine from Dreamz Lights opp of shaw plaza, sales & delivery svcs are good, i got my own electrician to install.
Hi, jtec14,

Thanks very much for your advices.

I always find light shops along Blastier Road a bit on the expensive side. Even when my ID brought me to their "so-called" affiliated two light shops and one sanitary shop at Blastier, which "so-called" offer a 10% discount and the shops will absorb the GST, the price of the sanitary products like rain shower set, taps, stove + hood, kitchen sink, etc... are more expensive than another shop (which I purchased the items) near to Selegie, the two-storey shopping center.

Ok, maybe I will drop renotalk dot com and your recommendation of Dreamz Lights to see see look look.

Thanks for your advices once again.

Cheers.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #869
Supremacy Member

Hi, jtec14,

Thanks very much for your advices.

I always find light shops along Blastier Road a bit on the expensive side. Even when my ID brought me to their "so-called" affiliated two light shops and one sanitary shop at Blastier, which "so-called" offer a 10% discount and the shops will absorb the GST, the price of the sanitary products like rain shower set, taps, stove + hood, kitchen sink, etc... are more expensive than another shop (which I purchased the items) near to Selegie, the two-storey shopping center.

Ok, maybe I will drop renotalk dot com and your recommendation of Dreamz Lights to see see look look.

Thanks for your advices once again.

Cheers.
No prob, just sharing. Along the balestier stretch, not all are expensive. I got my Cuizino Hob + Cuizino hood + Franke kitchen sink + Franke mixer tap package at Excel Asia (mainly sanitaryware), services also not bad, look for Desmond, quite a knowledgable and flexible guy as i changed one of the package item with topup although other staff are rather stiff about it.

Btw the correct name for the lightshop is Dreams Lights at 317 Balestier Rd.

Anyway got to bargain hard at all shops if you buying a lot of items. This is what I learnt while going through my reno.

Last edited by jtec14; 07-09-2009 at 02:40 PM..
Old 07-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #870

No prob, just sharing. Along the balestier stretch, not all are expensive. I got my Cuizino Hob + Cuizino hood + Franke kitchen sink + Franke mixer tap package at Excel Asia (mainly sanitaryware), services also not bad, look for Desmond, quite a knowledgable and flexible guy as i changed one of the package item with topup although other staff are rather stiff about it.

Btw the correct name for the lightshop is Dreams Lights at 317 Balestier Rd.

Anyway got to bargain hard at all shops if you buying a lot of items. This is what I learnt while going through my reno.
Thank you. Thank you, jtec14.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.