HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree892Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2016, 06:58 PM   #8716
Supremacy Member

have my aircon service.

cooling coil and fan coil + roller(akaline wash). he use the oxygen to force the jelly out from the pipe and use vaccum to suck.

per aircon unit - $85/- expensive a not

anyone can intro cheaper
Old 21-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #8717

Hi, One more thing to consider is the location of the windows and facing and the type of curtain that you are using. Some building wall can be really hot when facing the afternoon sun. So are windows. Thermal curtains can also be used to block out heat from such windows if needed. All this consideration will reduce the stress on you aircon and energy usage.
Old 21-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #8718

Hi Itedino, Can be cheaper. What is happening is just some simple cleaning. I think $85 is expensive. It is so simple that you can actually do it yourself. Remember that this is only cleaning and though, such action can improve the efficiency of your aircon, in my opinion, it does not prevent the aircon from breaking down, except the clearing of the drain pipe (which prevent leaking)

So if you wish to do it yourself, than it is free of charge. This is because, such cleaning is unable to reach many other parts of the aircon which would need to be cleaned. So save the money and pay for a pump down cleaning (FCU overhaul) and inspection/testing of the parts when the whole FCU is dismantled for a complete cleaning and the fan motor and capacitors (indoor and outdoor) checked for possible future failure. If not wrong, the cost is about $150+- for each FCU.

Clearing of the drain pipe can easily be done by using a balloon air pump to blow down the pipe or use a bottle converted into a reservoir to suck up clogging in the drain pipe with your vacuum cleaner. (never suck up water with your dry vacuum cleaner without the reservoir). If need to I can provide how to make the bottle converted reservoir. This depend on request.

Alternatively, you can take up a short course in Residential Air Conditioning conducted by ITE. It is a hands-on course. If not wrong, it is also subsidized.

Last edited by dachee; 21-11-2016 at 07:58 PM..
Old 22-11-2016, 12:26 AM   #8719

To boopit,

Living room i suggest you get 18k btu instead of 9k btu.
Old 22-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #8720

how do you check whether the aircon installer man installed a brand new Mitsub Electric aircon or a refurbished ones?

For new ones, is there some warranty or guarantee card for customer?
Old 22-11-2016, 01:48 PM   #8721
Supremacy Member

how do you check whether the aircon installer man installed a brand new Mitsub Electric aircon or a refurbished ones?

For new ones, is there some warranty or guarantee card for customer?
got warranty one with serial model number. no dealer will cheat
Old 22-11-2016, 02:22 PM   #8722

Ayone has experience to share for Panasonic CU-PS9NKZ (2-tick NEA efficiency) and CS-XS9RKZW (4-tick NEA efficiency)?

Old 22-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #8723

got warranty one with serial model number. no dealer will cheat
So use the serial model number and check in Mitsubishi electric website ? But how to check when the dealer don't want to hand over the guarantee card to you?

https://gua-reg.mitsubishielectric.com.sg/Home/GuaranteeRegistration

Last edited by hahnhahnhahn; 22-11-2016 at 05:59 PM..
Old 22-11-2016, 09:53 PM   #8724

To hahnhahnhahn,

All companies should hand over the warranty cards to you once payment is made to them.
Old 23-11-2016, 01:34 AM   #8725

To hahnhahnhahn,

All companies should hand over the warranty cards to you once payment is made to them.
We haven't pay them yet as we are testing the aircon. Tried 18deg Celsius but dun feel cold though. Going to get them down and feel it tgt.
Old 23-11-2016, 09:26 AM   #8726

To hahnhahnhahn,

Did you buy from an authorized agent? You want 18 degree in room or from aircon outlet? May not be able to get! Did you size your system correctly? Temperature does not mean comfort.

Last edited by dachee; 23-11-2016 at 09:34 AM..
Old 23-11-2016, 11:39 AM   #8727

To hahnhahnhahn,

Did you buy from an authorized agent? You want 18 degree in room or from aircon outlet? May not be able to get! Did you size your system correctly? Temperature does not mean comfort.
They are not authorized agent. My ID refer them to us.

We did the testing on Monday night and yesterday evening. We turn on the aircon at 18degree and let it run for 1~2hours but it doesn't feel cold.
Everynight when we sleep we use aircon one (24deg) so we know the difference.
Currently the new ones that are installed are system 4. For these 2 testings, the living room fcu i didn't turn on. I only turned on all three rooms (2 common rooms and master room) as I know the compressor cannot support all 4 fcu at the same time. I also checked the drainage and it was okay (water flows out to the toilet). There was no water leakage along the trunking.

So far, I feel the aircon installer did a good job. I have no issue with them. Just that I want to ensure the aircon is working fine (24deg vs 18deg shld have a difference) before I made the full payment to them.

Not sure is it that we need to top up the aircon gas or need to get Mitsubishi Electric technician down instead to check on the aircon pressure etc..
Old 23-11-2016, 12:05 PM   #8728

They are not authorized agent. My ID refer them to us.

We did the testing on Monday night and yesterday evening. We turn on the aircon at 18degree and let it run for 1~2hours but it doesn't feel cold.
Everynight when we sleep we use aircon one (24deg) so we know the difference.
Currently the new ones that are installed are system 4. For these 2 testings, the living room fcu i didn't turn on. I only turned on all three rooms (2 common rooms and master room) as I know the compressor cannot support all 4 fcu at the same time. I also checked the drainage and it was okay (water flows out to the toilet). There was no water leakage along the trunking.

So far, I feel the aircon installer did a good job. I have no issue with them. Just that I want to ensure the aircon is working fine (24deg vs 18deg shld have a difference) before I made the full payment to them.

Not sure is it that we need to top up the aircon gas or need to get Mitsubishi Electric technician down instead to check on the aircon pressure etc..
Normally, there are many factors that can affect the cooling of the room. It will be good to check the temperature of the cooling fins in the FCU as reference. Then compare that with the standard temperature of your model. This way, the performance of the air conditioner can be assessed. You can search the model for the standard temperature at the FCU fins or call Mitsubishi for help on this temperature. Check should also be made to ensure that the air flow from the FCU is accordance to the specification.

Working on "feeling" can be difficult to resolve. I suggest that payment should not be made yet. There are cases when during installation, workers skipped the air purging and leakage check which can affect the effectiveness of the system and future costly defects.

The above are my option and I hope it is helpful. I feel that it may be better to pay a little bit more to have an authorization dealer so that in the event of a dispute, you still have an upper hand to call the company to review the case.
Old 23-11-2016, 12:09 PM   #8729

To hahnhahnhahn,

If payment is not made, usually they will not hand over the warranty cards to you.

Can get Mitsubishi to come down and assess if the equipment is ok as its under warranty.
Old 23-11-2016, 03:06 PM   #8730

thanks terumo and dachee. also feel that living room needs more than 9k BTU.

I got a new quote:

Daikin inverter system 4 smile series
MKS80QVMG/CTKS25QVM x3 , CTKS50QVM x1
3/8" armaflex insulation (individually insulate)
pure SWG22
16mm pipe with insulation
keystone 3C40/3C70
siroflex sealant
nashua duct tape

$4299

and
Mitsubishi electric starmax inverter system 4 (5 ticks)
MXY4G28VA, MSXFJ10VE X3, MSXYFJ18VE X1
$4499 (the specs same as the above daikin)

what's your opinion?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.