HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #871

Scrapped my 5 year old McQuay system 4 and replaced with a Mitsubishi Heavy Industry system 3 this May. So far so good. No complains.

By the way McQuay been taken over by Daikin.

MHI sys 3 was in my mind too... when did you bought it?

S.M. at GC initially intro this MHI sys 3 to me.. around 2800 plus too...

then when i went to another GC, another S.M told me they received a quite a few complaints on sounds like pss pss sounds dunnno from the sys or the A/c pipe.... can you share if there is any such psss psss sounds?

and intro me to Hitachi... (malaysia made)....

however, Me ended up getting Toshiba... cause all the 3 brands (ME/ MHI and Toshiba), after calculating... M.E used up more $ in electricity than MHI and Toshiba...

Old 07-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #872

then when i went to another GC, another S.M told me they received a quite a few complaints on sounds like pss pss sounds dunnno from the sys or the A/c pipe.... can you share if there is any such psss psss sounds?

however, Me ended up getting Toshiba... cause all the 3 brands (ME/ MHI and Toshiba), after calculating... M.E used up more $ in electricity than MHI and Toshiba...

Bought in 12th May. Installed on 25th May.

I have not heard any sounds from the pipe, but will moniter.

The original price was $2499. I paid $100 more to upgrade to a system 4 compressor with 3 blowers.

The electric bill dropped 40% as compared to the McQuay inverter.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #873

Bought in 12th May. Installed on 25th May.

I have not heard any sounds from the pipe, but will moniter.

The original price was $2499. I paid $100 more to upgrade to a system 4 compressor with 3 blowers.

The electric bill dropped 40% as compared to the McQuay inverter.
OIC, so the final price paid is $2599 (including gst)?, from GC?

BTW what is the BTU for your sys 4 compressor?

and the btu for your FCU?

did you do any upgrade of pipe?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #874

Your aircon outdoor unit sit on ledge or s/s bracket?
If no need bracket, $3k is a bit on the high side.
Hi, Mr terumo,

I have PM-ed you.

Seeking your expert advices before I commit to the Invertor.

Thanks.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #875

OIC, so the final price paid is $2599 (including gst)?, from GC?

BTW what is the BTU for your sys 4 compressor?

and the btu for your FCU?

did you do any upgrade of pipe?
No. From Best Tech.

Did read some negative reviews from the forum. But went ahead with the installation any way.

Compressor I think 36K BTU. Need to check the spec to confirm.
Fan coil is 9000 each.

No upgrade for pipes, just install with whatever they provide.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #876

Mine is MHI system 1.

Very quiet, no pss pss sounds lah........until 1st few nights i got problem getting to sleep cos too quiet............

Have to turn to highest speed for the wind sound to kill the silence of the night!

Old 10-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #877
Supremacy Member

Guys, any recommendation for this system?

INVERTER

Mitsubishi Electric > MXY-3A28VA / MSXY-GA13VA / MSXY-GD18VA

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/...ls.asp?id=1870

Non-INVERTER

Mitsubishi Electric > MUX-3BD23VB / 3 X MS-B10VB

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/...ls.asp?id=2271

Anyone using is it good? My usage is like, 10 to 15 hours per day during sleeping time...

Sometimes afternoon will on about 2-3 hours....

So getting inverter is it good?

I heard the parts of the inverter to repair is sightly more expensive than non-inverter unit right?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:13 AM   #878

Hi, I'm planning to get a new aircon system install to my new flat. Attached is my floor plan. It's either a sys 2 or 3 for the bedrooms only but as you can see bedroom 2 is detached away. Any advice on installing? Installing materials should be standard, 16mm with R410A and G23...1/2" pipe? Thanks.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #879
Supremacy Member

i just installed 2 units of s/split of Panasonic a/c, CS-C9JKZW(CU-C9JKZ). However at 24deg, the air is cooling, but not cold. is that normal? does it need time to warm up or smtg?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #880

Doesn't seems normal..............why dun u try setting the temp at 18deg, and see how.

Call the aircon-man if still not cold.

i just installed 2 units of s/split of Panasonic a/c, CS-C9JKZW(CU-C9JKZ). However at 24deg, the air is cooling, but not cold. is that normal? does it need time to warm up or smtg?
Old 12-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #881

Toshiba at 25deg was already quite cooling on a hot afternoon... if your problem is still showing get the serviceman, since just installed should have the warranty... plus installation warrantly too to make sure the pippings are in order...
Old 12-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #882

Hi, I'm planning to get a new aircon system install to my new flat. Attached is my floor plan. It's either a sys 2 or 3 for the bedrooms only but as you can see bedroom 2 is detached away. Any advice on installing? Installing materials should be standard, 16mm with R410A and G23...1/2" pipe? Thanks.

some place charge for extra length of pipping... so make sure that you get the salesman to confirm that the free installation comes with free pipping regardless of length... cause from your floormap, quite a distance from Air/con Comp.

Also got to take into consideration if you want to hide your trunks? as if you put out, your house will look full of truckings. if you hide it... when Air/con got problem... hard to dianogse if pipe is leaking... so think twice.......
Old 12-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #883

Guys, any recommendation for this system?

INVERTER

Mitsubishi Electric > MXY-3A28VA / MSXY-GA13VA / MSXY-GD18VA

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/...ls.asp?id=1870

Non-INVERTER

Mitsubishi Electric > MUX-3BD23VB / 3 X MS-B10VB

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/...ls.asp?id=2271

Anyone using is it good? My usage is like, 10 to 15 hours per day during sleeping time...

Sometimes afternoon will on about 2-3 hours....

So getting inverter is it good?

I heard the parts of the inverter to repair is sightly more expensive than non-inverter unit right?

B4 finalising your Aircon deal (sys 2 or 3) , should get a patience SM to calculate the estimated price of the electricity bill (if you know how to calculate the price of electricity then diy)... like to on it for a period of 8hrs per day on a 30 days........ compare it with a few other brands like Hitachi, Toshiba, Samsung, LG, MHI... make sure they are having similar BTU for the comp.... and similar FCU too... then you can better decide... at first... i was also all out for ME, despite of the Xpensive $$.........

Old 13-09-2009, 02:16 AM   #884

Hi vsml

How is ur MHI aircon, i am thinking to get this also. But this brand is less known to public as compared to ME and Daikin.

Another option for me is Toshiba sys3 inverter, anybody can feedback on this aircon brand?
Old 13-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #885

hi allesgute

MHI is great, no regrets! It have the self-cleaning dryer feature and the left/right air flap control which are what i wanted. ME dun have these two features and daikin only have the dryer feature. I choose MHI is becos it's the 2nd most energy saving among the 3 brands.

When i was doing my research, i consider that mechanical features was more important than those filters features as i could buy a seperate air purifier, but flap control and dryer feature can't be bought seperately.

I did a energy comparision for toshiba single split. Full load energy cost $ 470(ACV model), $458(AV-E)

Daikin $404, MHI $392, ME $331

Hi vsml

How is ur MHI aircon, i am thinking to get this also. But this brand is less known to public as compared to ME and Daikin.

Another option for me is Toshiba sys3 inverter, anybody can feedback on this aircon brand?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.