HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree891Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2016, 12:33 AM   #9016

Anybody got good lobang for me starmex system 1, two tick? With swg 22 insulation and 1/2" pipe.. thanks!
Old 24-12-2016, 06:11 AM   #9017

Hi, I have a question for a Daikin inverter system 3 (FTKD25DVM) around 6 years old.

It was serviced recently and gas has been topup.

After the servicing, the air con unit would suddenly just blow out room temperature air for few hours or a day and return to normal for the next few days or so before starting to act up again.

I tried turning off and on the air con main switch but it didn't work.

Any idea what could be the problem?
Old 24-12-2016, 08:56 AM   #9018

Hi, I have a question for a Daikin inverter system 3 (FTKD25DVM) around 6 years old.

It was serviced recently and gas has been topup.

After the servicing, the air con unit would suddenly just blow out room temperature air for few hours or a day and return to normal for the next few days or so before starting to act up again.

I tried turning off and on the air con main switch but it didn't work.

Any idea what could be the problem?
Hi,

1. Have a look and feel your condenser to see whether the fan and compressor are both running after 5 mins of turning on your FCU.

The running of the compressor can only be felt (you can't see it) through its vibration. The fan is visible, so you can see whether it is running or not.

2. How far is your condenser from your FCU in meters?

3. What service was done recently?

4. Why was the gas topped up?
Old 24-12-2016, 09:01 AM   #9019

Anybody got good lobang for me starmex system 1, two tick? With swg 22 insulation and 1/2" pipe.. thanks!
Hi,

Why get a 2 ticks StarMEX when there is 4 ticks system 1 (also called single split)

Should be below $1k. including installation in HDB and with materials according to manufacturer's requirement and some even better.
Old 24-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #9020

because of the seating area i guess?

Hi,

In my opinion, your living room area after the removal of the study room is estimated to have an area of 50m2. Taking your ceiling height as 2.8m and temperature difference of 10 degree C, your required Btu is less than 18k Btu. (slightly above 10k Btu).

The MXY-3G28VA is a system 3 condenser, meaning it allows 3 FCUs to be connected to it. And it provides up to a normal capacity of 6kW or 20k Btu. and a max of 8.9kW or 30k Btu. In this case, as you are not installing 3 FCUs (you only need 2 FCUs), you are not using the condenser as it is designed for. However, you are paying for the extra features.

Furthermore, this 20k Btu normal capacity (max. 30k Btu) condenser is above your living room cooling requirement.

In my opinion, it would be good enough to have MXY-2G20VA with normal capacity of 4.8kW or 16k Btu (max 6.3kW or 21.5k Btu) and 2 MSXY-FJ13VE with a 3.5kW each or 11.9k Btu. This will allow you to adjust different coolness for different section when required.

Having a MXY-3G28VA and MSXY-FJ10VE + MSXY-FJ18VE does not allow you to do this.

It will be good if you can place a barrier between the living room (or dinning room) and the kitchen to avoid heat from the kitchen heating up your living room and higher running cost.

If you are still concern about the cooling capacity and capacity of the condenser and FCU selection, you may wish to visit Mitsubishi Electric technical support at their Alexander Road office for advise.

The above are my opinion and hope that they are helpful.
NeptuniaVictory likes this.

Last edited by dachee; 24-12-2016 at 02:27 PM..
Old 24-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #9021

Hi, the condenser appears to be working fine and the other units (other rooms, seldom use) are working fine as well.

The distance is around 7 meters.

The service was called because my aircon unit is leaking, the service man used vacuum to clear the drain pipe.

He later inform me that a coat of ice was found on the fin of the indoor unit which he says the gas is insufficient and proceeded to topup the gas.

The rest of the general servicing includes brushing the blower and washing the filter.

Hi,

1. Have a look and feel your condenser to see whether the fan and compressor are both running after 5 mins of turning on your FCU.

The running of the compressor can only be felt (you can't see it) through its vibration. The fan is visible, so you can see whether it is running or not.

2. How far is your condenser from your FCU in meters?

3. What service was done recently?

4. Why was the gas topped up?
Old 24-12-2016, 03:27 PM   #9022

Hi, the condenser appears to be working fine and the other units (other rooms, seldom use) are working fine as well.

The distance is around 7 meters.

The service was called because my aircon unit is leaking, the service man used vacuum to clear the drain pipe.

He later inform me that a coat of ice was found on the fin of the indoor unit which he says the gas is insufficient and proceeded to topup the gas.

The rest of the general servicing includes brushing the blower and washing the filter.
Hi,

The model number you provided, FTKD25DVM is Daikin's indoor unit (ie the FCU). Do you have the outdoor (the condenser) model number? Is it RKS25GVMG?

By the way, is there ice forming inside the FCU again?

Last edited by dachee; 24-12-2016 at 03:34 PM..
Old 24-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #9023

Any 1 has engage ct (m&e) service before? Apparently is my mum's friend... Not sure whether to engage thier service to install

Old 24-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #9024

Quick check with experts here. I just ordered Daikin Smile series system 3 for my 3 rooms BTO. 2 units x 9000BTU for bedrooms and 1 unit x 18000BTU for living room. My question is: Can the condenser unit MKS65QVMG with capacity of 21200BTU support this configuration? Thanks in advance.
Old 24-12-2016, 06:40 PM   #9025

Hi,

The model number you provided, FTKD25DVM is Daikin's indoor unit (ie the FCU). Do you have the outdoor (the condenser) model number? Is it RKS25GVMG?

By the way, is there ice forming inside the FCU again?
Hi,

Based on the warranty card, the outdoor condenser model is 3MKD75DVM.

There was no ice forming at the coil yesterday, the aircon was able to produce 10 - 15 mins of cool air before blowing out room temperature air for the next 6 hours.

I'll be turning on the air-con later to monitor the temperature. It should be able to function well for the next few days or so before acting up again.
Old 24-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #9026

Hi,

In my opinion, your living room area after the removal of the study room is estimated to have an area of 50m2. Taking your ceiling height as 2.8m and temperature difference of 10 degree C, your required Btu is less than 18k Btu. (slightly above 10k Btu).

The MXY-3G28VA is a system 3 condenser, meaning it allows 3 FCUs to be connected to it. And it provides up to a normal capacity of 6kW or 20k Btu. and a max of 8.9kW or 30k Btu. In this case, as you are not installing 3 FCUs (you only need 2 FCUs), you are not using the condenser as it is designed for. However, you are paying for the extra features.

Furthermore, this 20k Btu normal capacity (max. 30k Btu) condenser is above your living room cooling requirement.

In my opinion, it would be good enough to have MXY-2G20VA with normal capacity of 4.8kW or 16k Btu (max 6.3kW or 21.5k Btu) and 2 MSXY-FJ13VE with a 3.5kW each or 11.9k Btu. This will allow you to adjust different coolness for different section when required.

Having a MXY-3G28VA and MSXY-FJ10VE + MSXY-FJ18VE does not allow you to do this.

It will be good if you can place a barrier between the living room (or dinning room) and the kitchen to avoid heat from the kitchen heating up your living room and higher running cost.

If you are still concern about the cooling capacity and capacity of the condenser and FCU selection, you may wish to visit Mitsubishi Electric technical support at their Alexander Road office for advise.

The above are my opinion and hope that they are helpful.

Thanks for your input. Appreciated. Will consider them. As I planned to knock down my kitchen wall.
Old 24-12-2016, 08:26 PM   #9027

Hi dachee, I have read through the posts and your knowledge about air cons is really very impressive! I am thinking of following your suggestion of installing a single split air con for the master bedroom as the other two rooms are unoccupied until i have kids. If I install an additional condenser in the future, would it be very troublesome for the running of the pipes? My home allows maximum of 2 condensers. Thank you!
Old 24-12-2016, 08:45 PM   #9028

Hi,

What price did you pay for it and what materials were used? Any warranty given for the installation? It is good to keep "good" contractor.
Hello. I paid $650 to have 2 aircon units relocated from Paya Lebar to Toa Payoh. I was quoted $800 by another company, and $1300 by Daikin.

I am not sure what materials were used. But the aircons (18000 btu and 9000 btu) are working well so far.

I didn't ask for any warranty. But their personnel told me if there is any water leakage over these few days, then I can feel free to contact them. He said if there is no leakage over these few days, then everything should go smoothly thereafter.
Old 24-12-2016, 09:19 PM   #9029

Hi,

Based on the warranty card, the outdoor condenser model is 3MKD75DVM.

There was no ice forming at the coil yesterday, the aircon was able to produce 10 - 15 mins of cool air before blowing out room temperature air for the next 6 hours.

I'll be turning on the air-con later to monitor the temperature. It should be able to function well for the next few days or so before acting up again.
Hi,

What I am trying to get at earlier was to find out whether the compressor or fan capacitor is faulty.

But it does not seem that way.

There are more detail analysis of the problem and it will be too much to discuss here.

Attached is Daikin's service manual which you may wish reading it to help you on this problem : http://www.file.thermotrade.ru/techn...4MXD80BVMA.pdf

However, there are some work that the professionals are needed to resolve it.

Last edited by dachee; 24-12-2016 at 10:41 PM..
Old 24-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #9030

Hi,

What I am trying to get at early was to find out whether the compressor or fan capacitor is faulty.

But it does not seem that way.

There are more detail analysis of the problem and it will be too much to discuss here.

Attached is Daikin's service manual which you may wish read to help you on this problem : http://www.file.thermotrade.ru/techn...4MXD80BVMA.pdf

However, there are some work that the professionals are needed to resolve it.
Hi,

Thanks, seems the aircon is not going to work today as well. It has provided 10 mins of coolness and now it's just blowing normal air.

I will have Daikin personal to take a look at it next week after the holidays.

Merry Christmas in advance, cheers!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.