HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #9076

No. I meant the new model and brand. Also any other new models that you are comparing it with.
Hi dachee, no actually.

I am looking for any brand which is affordable and trusthworthy for my mum's place.

Thought that panasonic might be a good and affordable brand compared to the market leaders.

Do you have any to recommend?
Old 27-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #9077

The BCA License is for individuals holding the license, its not issued to companies.

any difference between hiring a BCA-licensed aircon company and not BCA-licensed aircon company?

any difference between hiring a not BCA-licensed aircon company but with a trained BCA installer?
Old 27-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #9078

To Baggio10,

Can consider Daikin / Mitsubishi Electric too, but pricing wise, slightly higher then Panasonic.
Old 27-12-2016, 02:49 PM   #9079

The BCA License is for individuals holding the license, its not issued to companies.
there's this also

https://www.bca.gov.sg/BCADirectory/...rading=All&d=1
Old 27-12-2016, 07:07 PM   #9080

so u think it's ok to hire non-BCA licensed company to install aircon unit in HDB? (those with pre existing ledge)
Hi,

It is good to always check with the authority (HDB) in writing.

This is to protect yourself in time of policy change.
Old 28-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #9081

I am sourcing for air con for my new BTO. Just got the keys recently.
Was offered by one company for the following:
22SWG copper pipe
1/2 inch insulation Class 1 Armaflex
Made in Singapore wiring
16mm drainage pipe
Is the above provided good? Do I need to upgrade any of it?
Old 28-12-2016, 10:29 PM   #9082

To StormX,

Materials quoted are acceptable.
Just make sure the insulation are individually wrapped.

Last edited by terumo; 28-12-2016 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: Additional words
Old 29-12-2016, 09:32 AM   #9083

any recommendations for a system 2? what's the advantages/disadvantages between an inverter and 4 ticks? i know nothing about air-con. tenants requested for air-con.
Hi,

It is difficult to recommend a product as most of us do not use sufficient brands and models to be able to provide a reliable recommendation.

However, dealers are indicating that the top three brand not in order of quality are:

Panasonic, Mitsubishi ELECTRIC, Daikin.

An inverter system can have 4 ticks. These two features are difficult and though they are related in some ways, they are different features.

You can do a simple search on the internet on "what is an inverter"

Do let us know if you have any questions on your search.

The ticks refer to the COP (cofficient of performance) of the air conditioner given by NEA and is indicated in the Energy Label.

More information on the ticks and energy label are available at: http://www.nea.gov.sg/energy-waste/e...or/tick-rating

The more ticks the more efficient the cooling system is. However, it is good to know the actual value to the COP rather than just looking at the number of ticks as some ticks can be at the border line of the next level. Ie a 5 ticks can have a COP that is at the border level of the 4 ticks COP classification with no much difference in energy saving between both.

Air conditioner is one of the highest consumption of electricity in a household. As you are renting out your property with air conditioner, it may be good to have in your TA that some kind of charge is levied on the tenant for the electricity consumption he used for the air conditioner. Without control, electricity bill from air conditioner can sky rocket and really burn a hole in your pocket.

In addition, you may also wish to have in your TA, the tenant's responsibility on the maintenance of the air conditioner, including breakdown repair as well as regular servicing (which is likely to be just cleaning).

The above are my opinion and hope that they are helpful
Old 29-12-2016, 09:55 AM   #9084

The tenants are paying for all utilities and also aircon maintenance. Then, that doesn't mean I can get a 'not efficient' system for them. Need to know at least a good decent model to get for them. I'm too 'lazy' to do research for something that I don't use. Have done some basic research though. Will probably just go for one that's within my budget and also 'efficient'. Was intending to go for York until an installer said that York parts aren't easily available. Thanks though.
Hi, in this forum, it looks like most people go for Daikin or ME StarMEX. Go for the 5 ticks, good to reduce the impact on climate change.

Last edited by dachee; 29-12-2016 at 10:30 AM..
Old 29-12-2016, 10:15 AM   #9085

I have a system 4 MHI using for 3.5 years. Now having problems cannot turn on, lights on the fan coil have orange blink four times follow by lights in green & orange blink 4 times and this repeat itself again and again.
Have 4 contractors to check and everyone told me a different faults
First one told me gas NOT enough, very confident. After refilling gas, problems still exists
Second one told me gas value cannot open fully, after changing, problems still exists
Third one told me Thermostat spoilt, after changing, problems still exists
Four one ( also the SOLE AGENT told me the dirt inside the gas pipe that block the gas flow fully, Charge me $80 SDG for troubleshooting ONLY. NOT repair done, if repair, this $80 cannot take into account.
Very bad experience.
Please do not buy Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air con for this model. SOLE AGENT office very PROUD guy.
This is the model, PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL, only last 3.5 years
SCM80ZJ-S ( compressor )
SRK60ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK35ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK25ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK25ZJ-S ( fan coil )
PLEASE DO NOT BUY, bad after sales support from their SOLE AGENT. Very PROUD PROUD attuide.
dachee likes this.
Old 29-12-2016, 03:18 PM   #9086

I have a system 4 MHI using for 3.5 years. Now having problems cannot turn on, lights on the fan coil have orange blink four times follow by lights in green & orange blink 4 times and this repeat itself again and again.
First one told me gas NOT enough, very confident. After refilling gas, problems still exists
Second one told me gas value cannot open fully, after changing, problems still exists
Four one ( also the SOLE AGENT told me the dirt inside the gas pipe that block the gas flow fully, Charge me $80 SDG for troubleshooting ONLY. NOT repair done, if repair, this $80 cannot take into account.
Very bad experience.
Please do not buy Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air con for this model. SOLE AGENT office very PROUD guy.
SCM80ZJ-S ( compressor )
SRK60ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK35ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK25ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK25ZJ-S ( fan coil )
PLEASE DO NOT BUY, bad after sales support from their SOLE AGENT. Very PROUD PROUD attuide.
Hi,

It will also be good to know which company did the installation for your air conditioner. Poor or improper installation practices can also cause system failure.

Are all your FCUs not working or only in one room?
Old 29-12-2016, 03:58 PM   #9087

All the FCU are not working once the error code appear

Installations of pipings are done by Aircon Designs P. L.

Now, it is confirm that the outdoor condenser itself is faulty at one of the in/out let. All the other 3 in/out let is fine.

This goes to said that the MHI Products itself is NOT made of good quality.

Further more, Singapore SOLE AGENT bad respond to this also prove that they are NOT interested in the products that they carry.

I know Mitshubishi heavy industrial and star max agent is in someway link.
Old 29-12-2016, 04:17 PM   #9088

Hi,

From what you described, should be all 4 units that are unable to operate.
What the sole agent recommended should be to release all the existing gas and vacuum the piping and charge in the gas again.

If you change the thermistors and valves already, most like left
1) PCB
2) Compressor
3) System choked as in gas line "dirty" as sole agent mentioned.

Very bad experience.
SCM80ZJ-S ( compressor )
SRK60ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK35ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK25ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK25ZJ-S ( fan coil )
Old 29-12-2016, 04:26 PM   #9089

Hi all, i was quoted $3300 for Mitsubishi star mex, system 3, MXY-3A28VA condenser and 2x MSY-GE10VA and 1x MSY-GE13VA.

is the price ok?

using SWG 22
1/2 Insulation
singapore wire 70
Old 29-12-2016, 04:44 PM   #9090

Hi Mr. Terumo,
Thank you,
you are right in your comment !

This is what the Sole Agent is KM marketing P. L. advice

Recommanded to change E.E.V. coil, but No guaranty on the compressor. Said that because of this fault, it may have hurt compressor.

I know this is a lie on the compressor.

After changing value, thermosat, gas, Now compressor, PCB, the list will go on and on until everything is change.

In the end, change whole new set.

This reflect badly on the MHI products and the KM marketing business technic
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.