HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2016, 04:57 PM   #9091

Hi all, i was quoted $3300 for Mitsubishi star mex, system 3, MXY-3A28VA condenser and 2x MSY-GE10VA and 1x MSY-GE13VA.

is the price ok?

using SWG 22
1/2 Insulation
singapore wire 70

Hi,
may I say that the installer for the ducting is very very important.
May I humbly suggest that you find the good installer first. Ask the installer to buy the aircon unit.
If not, the aircon unit seller may give you any installer of their choice
If possible seprate the two. In this way, you are in control of the sitution
dachee likes this.
Old 29-12-2016, 05:40 PM   #9092

Hi,
may I say that the installer for the ducting is very very important.
May I humbly suggest that you find the good installer first. Ask the installer to buy the aircon unit.
If not, the aircon unit seller may give you any installer of their choice
If possible seprate the two. In this way, you are in control of the sitution

Yes, I think this is good advise. Instead of having control over the dealer, ie the seller of the air conditioner who is actually acting just as a middleman, buy it from the installer who you have agreement and control of how you want your system to be installed and within what terms and conditions. It is ok to let the installer earn a little more as he is the one that the reliability of your system depends on, other than the product itself.

If you get it from the dealer, who may squeeze the profit margin of the installer, it is therefore likely that the installer may do short cuts to the way the system is installed.

I did not purchase my system from the dealer. I purchased it from the installer. I had 3 single splits. My first was vacuumed for only 5 mins and the pre-stored gas was released. I was not happy, the person installing it was not happy too as he had to redo it, release all the gas, vacuum it for 15 mins and realized that the manifold gauge reading changes after the vacuum pump was turned off. Confirming that there is leaking somewhere.

It was later found that the manifold gauge hose was leaking. Meaning that the initial 5 mins vacuuming that was done was not able to serve its purpose.

With new manifold gauge, the system was vacuum again for 15 mins and stand for 2 mins for checking the pointer position (whether the pointer moves or not). The gas was recharged into the system and the pressure level recorded by a photo before the system was sealed off. Soap bubbles was used to check all connections at the condenser.

In my opinion, the above can only happened when you deal directly with the installer.

Hope that the above are helpful.
Old 29-12-2016, 07:28 PM   #9093

Aircon ( URGENT )

Hi All

any good aircon companies/installers to recommend?

Is Gain City good and reliable in terms of their workmanship and following up response on service and repair?

quote as follows :
Mitsubishi starmex system 1,
MUY-GE24 condenser and 1x MSY-GE24VA = SGD1,900
Mitsubishi starmex system 3,
MXY-3A28VA condenser and 2x MSY-GE10VA and 1x MSY-GE13VA. = SGD2,900

Discount for System 3 SGD150

Last edited by Mannequin Yeo; 29-12-2016 at 07:44 PM..
Old 29-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #9094

Another way is to change the whole outdoor unit rather then changing all the parts.
The indoor units & piping can remains (if they are of good condition)

Hi Mr. Terumo,
Thank you,
you are right in your comment !

This is what the Sole Agent is KM marketing P. L. advice

Recommanded to change E.E.V. coil, but No guaranty on the compressor. Said that because of this fault, it may have hurt compressor.

I know this is a lie on the compressor.

After changing value, thermosat, gas, Now compressor, PCB, the list will go on and on until everything is change.

In the end, change whole new set.

This reflect badly on the MHI products and the KM marketing business technic
Old 29-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #9095

Hi,

Your quoted price is a bit on the high side.

Hi all, i was quoted $3300 for Mitsubishi star mex, system 3, MXY-3A28VA condenser and 2x MSY-GE10VA and 1x MSY-GE13VA.

is the price ok?

using SWG 22
1/2 Insulation
singapore wire 70
Old 29-12-2016, 11:33 PM   #9096

REDCON AIR

panasonic install will be $2900
mitsubishi electric also same price....

Old 29-12-2016, 11:38 PM   #9097

I have a system 4 MHI using for 3.5 years. Now having problems cannot turn on, lights on the fan coil have orange blink four times follow by lights in green & orange blink 4 times and this repeat itself again and again.
Have 4 contractors to check and everyone told me a different faults
First one told me gas NOT enough, very confident. After refilling gas, problems still exists
Second one told me gas value cannot open fully, after changing, problems still exists
Third one told me Thermostat spoilt, after changing, problems still exists
Four one ( also the SOLE AGENT told me the dirt inside the gas pipe that block the gas flow fully, Charge me $80 SDG for troubleshooting ONLY. NOT repair done, if repair, this $80 cannot take into account.
Very bad experience.
Please do not buy Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air con for this model. SOLE AGENT office very PROUD guy.
This is the model, PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL, only last 3.5 years
SCM80ZJ-S ( compressor )
SRK60ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK35ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK25ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK25ZJ-S ( fan coil )
PLEASE DO NOT BUY, bad after sales support from their SOLE AGENT. Very PROUD PROUD attuide.
all recommended here using DAIKIN, MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC and Panasonic...
Other than this 3 brand no need to consider... don't go for newest version with 5 ticks.. less power consumption but less cool... use older version more reliable...
Old 29-12-2016, 11:48 PM   #9098
Supremacy Member

Anyone installed midea or york system 2 recently?
Old 30-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #9099

I have a system 4 MHI using for 3.5 years. Now having problems cannot turn on, lights on the fan coil have orange blink four times follow by lights in green & orange blink 4 times and this repeat itself again and again.
Have 4 contractors to check and everyone told me a different faults
First one told me gas NOT enough, very confident. After refilling gas, problems still exists
Second one told me gas value cannot open fully, after changing, problems still exists
Third one told me Thermostat spoilt, after changing, problems still exists
Four one ( also the SOLE AGENT told me the dirt inside the gas pipe that block the gas flow fully, Charge me $80 SDG for troubleshooting ONLY. NOT repair done, if repair, this $80 cannot take into account.
Very bad experience.
Please do not buy Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air con for this model. SOLE AGENT office very PROUD guy.
This is the model, PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL, only last 3.5 years
SCM80ZJ-S ( compressor )
SRK60ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK35ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK25ZJ-S ( fan coil )
SRK25ZJ-S ( fan coil )
PLEASE DO NOT BUY, bad after sales support from their SOLE AGENT. Very PROUD PROUD attuide.
Hi,

From the above event, what can we learn from it?

It is my opinion that when we need a problem to be resolved, it is important that the specific job is given to the contractor doing the repair.

The functional failure of the above air conditioner unit is a result of one or more defects or components failure. However, various parts were changed by different contractors and the problem still persist.

Did the customer pay for all the repair works? Should he pay for it?

In my opinion, a specific job scope of getting the air conditioner running without further fault/s should be the communicated and agreed between the customer and contractor. So if the repair work involved the change of some components and yet the problem persist, then the job is not complete and payment should not be made.

Many times, we got carried away and agreed to change of parts as the repair job and ended up paying for it though it does not resolve the actual problem.

Above are my opinion and hope that they are helpful.
Old 30-12-2016, 10:36 AM   #9100

Hi All

any good aircon companies/installers to recommend?

Is Gain City good and reliable in terms of their workmanship and following up response on service and repair?

quote as follows :
Mitsubishi starmex system 1,
MUY-GE24 condenser and 1x MSY-GE24VA = SGD1,900
Mitsubishi starmex system 3,
MXY-3A28VA condenser and 2x MSY-GE10VA and 1x MSY-GE13VA. = SGD2,900

Discount for System 3 SGD150
Hi,

Why do you decide to use MUY-GE24 condenser and 1x MSY-GE24VA but not one GE24 with 2 FCUs?
Old 30-12-2016, 12:32 PM   #9101
Master Member

Anyone installed midea or york system 2 recently?
yeap, had a friend installed the 4 ticks system 2. Except the louver does not has auto mode, every thing else works fine. I should be installing 2*sys 2 soon. I have my neigbour installed sys 4 recently and again, everything was ok. Cool enough but how reliable? time will tell..

Gain is having this promo where little top up will enjoy 5 years with a peace of mind.
goh6570 likes this.
Old 30-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #9102
Supremacy Member

it is quoted by jk aircon . trying to find out any reviews on them
Hi, i would like to know the review as well by JK aircon? Anyone has used them before? Good?
Old 30-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #9103
Supremacy Member

yeap, had a friend installed the 4 ticks system 2. Except the louver does not has auto mode, every thing else works fine. I should be installing 2*sys 2 soon. I have my neigbour installed sys 4 recently and again, everything was ok. Cool enough but how reliable? time will tell..

Gain is having this promo where little top up will enjoy 5 years with a peace of mind.
thanks for sharing. you will be installing midea sys 2?
it comes with 6yrs motor warranty and 2yrs on parts.. not sure how reliable the aircon but it can last 3-4yrs i think is good enuf..

was looking at jk aircon.. gaincity still a little expensive though...
Old 30-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #9104
Master Member

thanks for sharing. you will be installing midea sys 2?
it comes with 6yrs motor warranty and 2yrs on parts.. not sure how reliable the aircon but it can last 3-4yrs i think is good enuf..

was looking at jk aircon.. gaincity still a little expensive though...
York. Are u comparing materials to materials and FCU capacity to capacity? after i searched through comparing the smaller dealers, i realize gain is very competitive unless u going down to under $100 range.
Old 30-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #9105

Yes, I think this is good advise. Instead of having control over the dealer, ie the seller of the air conditioner who is actually acting just as a middleman, buy it from the installer who you have agreement and control of how you want your system to be installed and within what terms and conditions. It is ok to let the installer earn a little more as he is the one that the reliability of your system depends on, other than the product itself.

If you get it from the dealer, who may squeeze the profit margin of the installer, it is therefore likely that the installer may do short cuts to the way the system is installed.

I did not purchase my system from the dealer. I purchased it from the installer. I had 3 single splits. My first was vacuumed for only 5 mins and the pre-stored gas was released. I was not happy, the person installing it was not happy too as he had to redo it, release all the gas, vacuum it for 15 mins and realized that the manifold gauge reading changes after the vacuum pump was turned off. Confirming that there is leaking somewhere.

It was later found that the manifold gauge hose was leaking. Meaning that the initial 5 mins vacuuming that was done was not able to serve its purpose.

With new manifold gauge, the system was vacuum again for 15 mins and stand for 2 mins for checking the pointer position (whether the pointer moves or not). The gas was recharged into the system and the pressure level recorded by a photo before the system was sealed off. Soap bubbles was used to check all connections at the condenser.

In my opinion, the above can only happened when you deal directly with the installer.

Hope that the above are helpful.
Hi,
Yes, I totally agreed.
I only one to highlight one thing, follow this method usually will end up slightly higher price than the dealer, but it is worth it as you will have a carefree system thereafter excluding maintance.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.