HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #901
Supremacy Member

Yah luckily not alot, few drops and keep my fingers crossed, if not my parquet flooring jialat.
I am not sleeping in the room, so every morning i go over, there will be some droplets on the louver and on the parts slightly inside. So i should think the droplets should have formed when the aircon is on through the nite.
Will try to take a look when i on tonite.

The other side of the wall is my study room, both fcu are directly laid agst each other on both sides of the wall. No water droplets formed and I seldom on that aircon. However when i on it, the first few mins, i can feel some water drops shooting out as well.
ok.. so u mean the one tat hav water droplets form did not on aircon rite? but on the other side of the wall, the aircon is on?
Old 17-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #902
Supremacy Member

ok.. so u mean the one tat hav water droplets form did not on aircon rite? but on the other side of the wall, the aircon is on?
Sorry for the confusion. Water droplets on louver is the one which was on every night and the one with water drops spurting out is not used frequently.
Old 17-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #903
Supremacy Member

Sorry for the confusion. Water droplets on louver is the one which was on every night and the one with water drops spurting out is not used frequently.
mayb u try to take picture..

the fcu u always on every nite which hav water droplets, when did the water droplets formed? does it formed after u on the aircon? or u saw it b4 switching to fan mode? or after fan mode where u going to turn off?
Old 17-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #904
Supremacy Member

mayb u try to take picture..

the fcu u always on every nite which hav water droplets, when did the water droplets formed? does it formed after u on the aircon? or u saw it b4 switching to fan mode? or after fan mode where u going to turn off?
Will try to take pic tonite.
The fcu is dry to begin with since a day of non-usage. The next morning, water droplets can be seen on the louver with some drops on the floor while it is still on, so i supposed it was formed during the nite of usage and I usually proceed to activate fan mode for a while before turning off but the louver is usually still slightly wet after the short moment of fan mode.
Old 17-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #905
Supremacy Member

Will try to take pic tonite.
The fcu is dry to begin with since a day of non-usage. The next morning, water droplets can be seen on the louver with some drops on the floor while it is still on, so i supposed it was formed during the nite of usage and I usually proceed to activate fan mode for a while before turning off but the louver is usually still slightly wet after the short moment of fan mode.
ok..is your room very warm when u on your aircon? fan speed is on auto? or 1 bar?
Old 17-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #906
Supremacy Member

ok..is your room very warm when u on your aircon? fan speed is on auto? or 1 bar?
Nope not warm and fan on auto speed.
Old 17-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #907
Supremacy Member

Nope not warm and fan on auto speed.
later tonite, u c if u hav any thermometer, u put the sensor slightly inside the louver, than measure the temperature. u try to do it 15mins, 30mins n 1hr after on your aircon.
Old 17-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #908
High Supremacy Member

anyone using wet and dry vacuum cleaner for the DiY drainage cleaning?
what brand you using? how the performance?
Old 17-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #909
Supremacy Member

anyone using wet and dry vacuum cleaner for the DiY drainage cleaning?
what brand you using? how the performance?
for me, i DIY one.. suitable for dry vacuum cleaner..
so no need to buy wet & dry vacuum cleaner.

i jus use 1 hard plastic container/bottle, than drill a hole at the side.

Old 17-09-2009, 11:53 PM   #910

It could be u are in dehumidifier mode ( the water droplet icon)

any Panasonic inverter users here?
When you set the fan speed to Auto (cool mode), does your indoor unit (FCU) stop running occasionally?
Old 18-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #911
Supremacy Member

later tonite, u c if u hav any thermometer, u put the sensor slightly inside the louver, than measure the temperature. u try to do it 15mins, 30mins n 1hr after on your aircon.
No thermometer. Have taken pics but haven't upload yet.
1st time checking on it when i reached home after working and realised inside the lourve is still wet which mean it did not dry up during the day
Tried up 1 degree to 24 degrees last night, although still wet but can see slight improvement on the wetness. Hmm time to call the service guys i think.
Old 18-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #912
High Supremacy Member

for me, i DIY one.. suitable for dry vacuum cleaner..
so no need to buy wet & dry vacuum cleaner.

i jus use 1 hard plastic container/bottle, than drill a hole at the side.

thank chunlianghere for the idea.
you mean you use the dry vacuum cleaner to vacuum from the hole on the side of the bottle?
the water will collect in the bottle?
can explain in detail? scare if do wrongly water go in spoil the dry vacuum cleaner.
thank.
Old 18-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #913
High Supremacy Member

http://www.instructables.com/id/Vacuum-to-Wet-Vac/

ok i google and found this link about DiY wet vacuum
Old 18-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #914
Supremacy Member

thank chunlianghere for the idea.
you mean you use the dry vacuum cleaner to vacuum from the hole on the side of the bottle?
the water will collect in the bottle?
can explain in detail? scare if do wrongly water go in spoil the dry vacuum cleaner.
thank.
yup..the bottle side hole is for the pipe to go in. but to be safe, make sure u push the pipe in until it touches the other side wall of the bottle. tat is to prevent the air to directly hit the water(which the bottle will contain some water after a few secs of sucking) n splash the water.

as the gravity, the water will land in the bottom of bottle when u vacuum it from the top. as u can c from all the wet vaccum cleaner, the sucking will always from the top. tat giv me the idea.

btw the diy bottle which i made is safe enough.. after i use so many time, never encounter any water in vacuum cleaner. not even abit.
Old 19-09-2009, 12:25 AM   #915
Supremacy Member

Hi chunlianghere

Pics as attached...

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.