HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #9151

For Mitsubishi, the 5 ticks & 2 ticks btu capacity is the same.
For Daikin, 5 ticks btu capacity is higher then their 3/4 ticks.
Cooling capacity is different though.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #9152

Cooling capacity is different though.
Suppose you're referring to the COP? From what I've seen on the Daikin condenser specs, R32 units with the smallest cooling capacities come with the highest COP values.

It looks like COP starts dropping as the rated cooling capacity of the condenser starts increasing.

In my quick analysis of the Daikin site, it looks like the number of ticks is proportional to the COP of the condenser, so I'm not so sure it's so correct to say that a 2-tick system will make little difference compared to a 5-tick system of equivalent capacity in terms of electricity savings.

Someone with a little more experience should probably chime in here.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:34 PM   #9153
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi All,

I have question for aircon at old hdb built on 1997. The flat doesn't have concrete aircon ledge like new hdb. It use steel bracket to mount the external unit.

What is the limitation of this aircon ledge?

Most of my friend recommend MItsubishi starmex brand with 2 tick. Is there other recommendation? I prefer quieter external unit since it is mount outside the master room.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:35 AM   #9154
Supremacy Member

hi. anyone got comment about cool-serve air con installation service? thanks!
Old 02-01-2017, 12:41 AM   #9155
Supremacy Member

Aircon contractor to recomend 86999116

Good and cheap
Old 02-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #9156

Aircon contractor to recomend 86999116

Good and cheap
What is the contractor's name?

In what way are they good?

And what did they charged you?

Last edited by dachee; 02-01-2017 at 09:14 AM..
Old 02-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #9157

hi. anyone got comment about cool-serve air con installation service? thanks!
Hi,

The below are what I found out but not limited at: http://airconquotations.com/coolserve/

1. "Only 1 unit of our aircon is spoilt. Your guys came and told us that the wire connecting to that particular aircon is spolit. Actually we only need to change 1 wire but your guys advised to change 2. We said ok since the other wire is also old. So after changing the 2 wires, the spolit unit is working but another good unit ended up not working. Your guys told us the third wire is broken. But our third wire is NEW! We JUST changed it. Your guys said we have to fork out more money for the third wire if not our originally good unit will not work! What kind of ******** this is?! I was not around and my mum went ahead to pay for the third wire as she doesnt know what to do. BAD SERVICE"

2. "To Whom It May Concern,We would like to submit a complaint about your services for CFJ Management Pte Ltd.Here are the facts of the matter as we know it:1) Our old air-conditioner unit, registered in the old contract, was malfunctioning and we were advised that it was not cost effective to repair it. Hence, it was dismantled and no longer in use for a period of time. 2) When your service staff came to do the maintenance, we said they did not have to service the malfunctioning unit. However, they insisted they had to wash it, and could repair the unit but it required a special type of chemical wash that required us to pay an extra fee on top of it. We did not want to engage this service, but your staff kept insisting on it. 3) As per our contract, 2 more units on the 2nd floor were supposed to be serviced by your staff as well. 4) Since we did not want to engage the extra services for the malfunctioning unit, your staff refused to service the 2 units on the second floor and did not come for the past 2 scheduled dates as well. 5) We have since engaged another vendor to replace the malfunctioning unit.Now, your staff are pestering my colleague to sign a new contract for the new air conditioning unit which replaced the old one, and an extra cash fee will have to be paid on top of the contractual fee. At the current date, your company owes us1) An apology for insisting on a service my company did not ask for.2) Scheduled services for 6 airconditioning units (2 on the second floor, and 1 on the 3rd floor, for 2 visits)How could you expect us to continue our contract with you in the light of such a turn of events?"

The above are my opinion and hope that they are helpful.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:42 AM   #9158

Hi All,

I have question for aircon at old hdb built on 1997. The flat doesn't have concrete aircon ledge like new hdb. It use steel bracket to mount the external unit.

What is the limitation of this aircon ledge?

Most of my friend recommend MItsubishi starmex brand with 2 tick. Is there other recommendation? I prefer quieter external unit since it is mount outside the master room.
Hi,

What do you mean by the limitation of the aircon ledge?
Old 02-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #9159
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

What do you mean by the limitation of the aircon ledge?
Is there any weight limit for this ledge?

Is it possible to install 2 compressor (system 2 for the living room and system 3 for the bedroom)?

The living room is quite big since this is an old resale flat. I'm worry system 4 won't be effective to cool it down.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:48 PM   #9160

Is there any weight limit for this ledge?

Is it possible to install 2 compressor (system 2 for the living room and system 3 for the bedroom)?

The living room is quite big since this is an old resale flat. I'm worry system 4 won't be effective to cool it down.
Hi,

If it is a concrete ledge build for enclosing the air conditioner/s than it should be able to within the weight of the residential air conditioner condenser/s suitable for the house as well as the worker/s working on it.

If I am not wrong, it is:

(c) Access balcony, stairs, landing} 3.0kN/m≤
and lift lobby }

3kN/m2 is about 300kgf/m2

The above information is from : http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/11-...n-hdb-premises

Old 02-01-2017, 04:06 PM   #9161
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

If it is a concrete ledge build for enclosing the air conditioner/s than it should be able to within the weight of the residential air conditioner condenser/s suitable for the house as well as the worker/s working on it.

If I am not wrong, it is:

(c) Access balcony, stairs, landing} 3.0kN/m≤
and lift lobby }

3kN/m2 is about 300kgf/m2

The above information is from : http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/11-...n-hdb-premises

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Actually, my old flat is with steel bracket to support the aircon. It doesn't have concrete ledge like new hdb.

If I plan to change with the new aircon, can I still use 2 compressor? The current steel bracket is only enough to support 1 compressor.

Do I need to reinstall the bracket? or can I straight away use the existing steel bracket? I have not receive the key for my resale flat but I plan my budget for next time.

Thank you once again.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:20 PM   #9162

Suppose you're referring to the COP? From what I've seen on the Daikin condenser specs, R32 units with the smallest cooling capacities come with the highest COP values.

It looks like COP starts dropping as the rated cooling capacity of the condenser starts increasing.

In my quick analysis of the Daikin site, it looks like the number of ticks is proportional to the COP of the condenser, so I'm not so sure it's so correct to say that a 2-tick system will make little difference compared to a 5-tick system of equivalent capacity in terms of electricity savings.

Someone with a little more experience should probably chime in here.
Hi,

COP (coefficient of performance) is the relationship between the output energy against the input energy. The higher the COP, the better is the efficiency of the system.

The number of ticks on the energy label is related to the COP value. So the higher the COP, the more the number of ticks on the energy label.

Capacity of the air conditioner is the amount of heat that the system can remove within a specific time. This is related to the compressor and condenser coil size.

The larger the compressor, the more refrigerant it can process at a given time, while the larger the condenser coil the greater amount of heat can be removed from the coil.

As such there are all kinds of combination of COP (number of ticks) and capacity in air conditioners.

Last edited by dachee; 03-01-2017 at 08:20 AM..
Old 02-01-2017, 04:29 PM   #9163

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Actually, my old flat is with steel bracket to support the aircon. It doesn't have concrete ledge like new hdb.

If I plan to change with the new aircon, can I still use 2 compressor? The current steel bracket is only enough to support 1 compressor.

Do I need to reinstall the bracket? or can I straight away use the existing steel bracket? I have not receive the key for my resale flat but I plan my budget for next time.

Thank you once again.
Hi,

You would need on bracket for each condenser. Installation of air conditioner bracket should be done by BCA licensed installer.

"When you need to install/retrofit your air-conditioning unit, you must always engage a trained installer to do so.

A trained installer is a person who has passed a training course for installing air-conditioning supports at the BCA Academy."

https://www.bca.gov.sg/airconlegisla...mages/pass.jpg

More information is available at:

https://www.bca.gov.sg/airconlegisla...on_worker.html

As you are installing two system, it would be good that you check with HDB whether your house is allowed to install two power points. Each condenser needs one power point. If only one power point is allowed for you house, you would than need to install a system with only one condenser.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #9164

Anyone has comments over MHI of ME starmex?

MHI seem to have more features like ionizer which is good to have.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #9165

Anyone has comments over MHI of ME starmex?

MHI seem to have more features like ionizer which is good to have.
Hi,

Is ionizer good or bad for health?

If good then ok.

If bad, then you will breath it in every time when you use the air conditioner. So need to make the right choice from the start.

You can do some internet search on "Is ionizer harmful?"

Last edited by dachee; 02-01-2017 at 06:22 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.