HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #931
Supremacy Member

mine insulation is K-Flex too.. but it wasnt so gd. never had any Armaflex insulation. so cant really compare tat is K-Flex better than Armaflex? or Armaflex is better than K-Flex...

IMO, foam is better than those rubber-like type.
Old 27-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #932

Can anyone recom some model for 2 bedroom? Not daily use, but i need it to be energy saving and durable... Saw CU-2c18jkz from panasonic, any bro got beta recom? Thanks
Old 28-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #933

Just purchased the Mitsubishi Inverter System 3 from Gain City IMM. 22K+10K+10K BTU.

what's your cost? (yrs a MHI or ME) Sys 3, your compressor =22k? your 3FCU is at 10K BTU? thanks.
Old 28-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #934

My MHI system 3 inverter installed by Best Tech.

The "tau chiu" doing the installation is abit unfriendly, but after packing lunch and a packet cigarettes for him and his "kah kia", they did a pretty good job.

Have not try their after sales service yet.

MHI compressor is freaking huge. There is only a 2 inch clearance between the window panel and the top of the compressor, when the window is open.

Do take note when installing.

I experience the same while having my installation done last week by GC (GAIN CITY).. not please with their (only one lah not the other one) attitude too.. (I got 2 technician doing the setup, one is friendly fast, the other one is slow and seems that the whole wide world owes him a living)... i was ready to give them a tips $50/- to be shared by the duo after they give me a good installation, however, it was not pleasant at all with their service, though i even volunteer to help during the setup.. The slow and seems that the whole wide world owes him a living technician screwed up. So after the installation. I only gave them a 'thank you', that's all. I think all this technician have to understand that the customers does not owe them a living, they chose the job themselve and no one forced them to work as a technician, they should do every job a good job and bring up to the standard that their company have portray. If these technician are not happy with the job then RESIGN LAH. Don't act as if the whole world owes you a living. They must remember that the customer also pays an amount for the Aircon also and not expect that every house they are deployed to service or setup the installation, the house owner will buy food, cigarette, or tips them at the end of the job. If there are, it's bonus. if not, they are still working. Pls don't show your face to the customer... if really nothappy, i suggest RESIGN and go back to bolehland and find a better job there.

Last edited by LWP6998; 28-09-2009 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: Wrote wrongly. should be GC instead of GE. typo error.
Old 30-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #935
Supremacy Member

Hi CHunliang,

Thanks for your inputs.

You set high fan speed during cool mode operation @ nite.
Is your fancoil unit installer near a door?
Hi terumo, it worked. Have set to high fan speed, no more water droplets on the louvers.
IS this due to weak fan speed, not blowing all the cold air out thus resulting in condensation on the louvers? But higher fan speed = high electricity consumption?
Yup FCU is about 2m away from door.
Old 30-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #936
Supremacy Member

Hi CHunliang,

Thanks for your inputs.

Hi terumo, it worked. Have set to high fan speed, no more water droplets on the louvers.
IS this due to weak fan speed, not blowing all the cold air out thus resulting in condensation on the louvers? But higher fan speed = high electricity consumption?
Yup FCU is about 2m away from door.
to wat i tink, it shouldnt gets condensation when set to any speed.

yup..higher fan speed = high electricity consumption. dont tink u wan it to be tat high everyday. it will also reduce the lifespan of the fan motor.

i guess the Condenser unit is precharged wit system 4 configuration. in this case, yours is system 3. so the installer should change the pressure/refrigerant to be suitable for system 3. mayb i'm wrong?
Old 30-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #937

Setting higher fan speed on any fancoil will not affect the electrical bill in a big big way.
One fancoil fan motor when running will draw ard 0.1-0.2amp depending on fan speed.
Your compressor when cut in, we talk about invertor compressor running 2 fancoil of 9k btu each will draw ard say 3-6 amp depending on load.
6amp (outdoor) vs 0.2amp (indoor), a lot of difference?

So its ok to set high fan speed as it will cool down the room faster and enable the compressor to cut off faster thus resulting in energy saving in a way or so. This is my views.

The Daikin Ma56 comes pre charged with ard 2.3kg of gas. Even if its connected to 1,2,3 or even 4 fancoil. The 2.3kg of gas will be enough and does not need to release gas for sys 2 or 3 as there are 4 expansion valve for each for the fancoils to regulate gas flow. If you on just 1 unit of 9k btu, the compressor stills draws ard 7amp of current (ard 21k btu) and the remaining 13k btu is wasted thus Ma56 is non-invertor cos the compressor is single speed compared to invertor where the compressor can run on different speeds according to many conditions like how many units on, room temp and remote temp.

Last edited by terumo; 30-09-2009 at 11:21 PM..
Old 30-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #938
Supremacy Member

Setting higher fan speed on any fancoil will not affect the electrical bill in a big big way.
One fancoil fan motor when running will draw ard 0.1-0.2amp depending on fan speed.
Your compressor when cut in, we talk about invertor compressor running 2 fancoil of 9k btu each will draw ard say 3-6 amp depending on load.
6amp (outdoor) vs 0.2amp (indoor), a lot of difference?

So its ok to set high fan speed as it will cool down the room faster and enable the compressor to cut off faster thus resulting in energy saving in a way or so. This is my views.

The Daikin Ma56 comes pre charged with ard 2.3kg of gas. Even if its connected to 1,2,3 or even 4 fancoil. The 2.3kg of gas will be enough and does not need to release gas for sys 2 or 3 as there are 4 expansion valve for each for the fancoils to regulate gas flow. If you on just 1 unit of 9k btu, the compressor stills draws ard 7amp of current (ard 21k btu) and the remaining 13k btu is wasted thus Ma56 is non-invertor cos the compressor is single speed compared to invertor where the compressor can run on different speeds according to many conditions like how many units on, room temp and remote temp.
ok..thanks for the gd info!

i know when only on 1 fcu, it will run around 6.4 - 6.5A. wit 2 bar fan speed.

quite true tat faster fan speed will enable faster cut-off compressor. but than will result faster cut-in compressor? as faster airflow results in faster rise in temperature??

well...on the ma56ev1, actually i know it hav expansion valve to adjust the amount of gas going to the fcu. anyway jus to point out the possibility only.

so if on 1 fcu, certain amount of liquid is going to tat fcu, but than how about the rest of the liquid goes? flow back to the return gas? how i wish i can hav a look or pics of the configuration inside.

anyway on jtec14 case,
suspect is bigger diameter of return gas copper pipe..mayb?

so does it mean when all fcu is installed near the door, something will happens like wat jtec14 one is???
Old 01-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #939

I'm planning to get a Sharp Plasmacluster System 3 inverter for $2399 incl. gst.
Does anyone using this aircon? Is it good?
The SM offer me the blower 12k, 9k & 7k which roughly correspond to my room size.
Normally it is 7k for all 3 blower.

Thanks!

Last edited by dkuan88; 01-10-2009 at 10:51 PM..
Old 02-10-2009, 01:08 AM   #940

hunting for air-con as well....system 3

look like in term of BTU for system 3 inverter, Mit has the highest 29000+BTU. Daikin, Panasonic, Toshiba around 25000+BTU condenser unit for sub 3k range with 9+9+12 setup.

Sale guy said that it is OK to have gas pipe bigger than specification, but not smaller. Is this true ?

Anyone can comments ?
Old 02-10-2009, 01:18 AM   #941

I'm planning to get a Sharp Plasmacluster System 3 inverter for $2399 incl. gst.
Does anyone using this aircon? Is it good?
The SM offer me the blower 12k, 9k & 7k which roughly correspond to my room size.
Normally it is 7k for all 3 blower.

Thanks!
Hi,

I am also searching for sys 3 inverter and doing homework on various brands and model. May I know what is the BTU rating for your condenser unit ? 26000BTU or 28000BTU ?

Please advice.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #942

Hi,

I am also searching for sys 3 inverter and doing homework on various brands and model. May I know what is the BTU rating for your condenser unit ? 26000BTU or 28000BTU ?

Please advice.
I think it is 24k btu total.
The offer is from All Best at IMM with 5 yrs workmanship warranty.
My wife likes the plasmacluster feature & the low power consumption/price.

http://sharp.com.sg/web/products/pro...d=32&mode=Spec
Old 02-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #943
Supremacy Member

Sale guy said that it is OK to have gas pipe bigger than specification, but not smaller. Is this true ?

Anyone can comments ?
definitely not true.

dont later complain alot of problem can already..
Old 02-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #944
Supremacy Member

hunting for air-con as well....system 3

look like in term of BTU for system 3 inverter, Mit has the highest 29000+BTU. Daikin, Panasonic, Toshiba around 25000+BTU condenser unit for sub 3k range with 9+9+12 setup.

Anyone can comments ?
Hi,

Please advice.
so u would like a 9+9+12k fcu setup?? if u wan to on all 3 together, than choose one which is near to 30k BTU..for example, this one is ok. http://coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/prod...ls.asp?id=2206

n also choose those gd brand. like the one u mention it. little ppl use sharp, so dont recommend tat..

Last edited by chunlianghere; 02-10-2009 at 10:02 AM..
Old 02-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #945

hi chunlianghere,

why little people use Sharp? i think they been around a long time.
I do notice there's no discussion on Sharp in this forum so i guess it's not that popular.
all i want fm my aircon is cool enough liao & not to buy overspec for our rooms.
In fact I've bought over the years Toshiba/Daikin/Panasonic/LG inverter.
I use to go for the highest spec eg system 4 compressor but 3 blowers only.
But we only switch on aircon only on the hottest/hazy months of the year so sayang lor.
we stay at high floor so it is cold during the rainy seasons.
also my kids are sensitive to dust hence the proven plasma feature, too cold then will have running nose.
so much for my ranting... wonder anyone in the same situation as me?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.