HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree891Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2017, 03:15 PM   #9631

Redcon Air provide for aircond Installation & Servicing. Can email at redconair@outlook.com or watsapp at 98769838

Old 18-05-2017, 04:27 PM   #9632

asking the guru here,im going for system 3 + system 1 for my 3gen 4 bedroom bto,leaving the living room out,thinking of going starmex ,is this offer good,tia
MBR 5 x 3 =15 m2
common BR 3 x 3.5 = 10 m2

Supply and install one set of system 3 and system 1 unit air-conditioner with Gauge 22 copper pipe,1/2" thickness Armaflex Class '0' insulation, Keystone local wire and 16mm drainage pipe.2 trips installation

Mitsubishi Electric Inverter
Model : MXY-3G28VA / MSXY-FJ10VE x 2 / MSXY-FJ13VE < 5 Ticks > 1 set $4250
MUY-GE10VA / MSY-GE10VA < 4 Ticks >
Old 18-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #9633
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Just curious qns... Whats the complication of sharing pipes with 1 1/2inch size class 1 insulator?

Old 19-05-2017, 07:37 PM   #9634

why is the consumption higher when both sys3 have the same 3 9k btu indoor units?

http://www.daikin.com.sg/images/medi...SG_4_Tick2.jpg

http://www.daikin.com.sg/images/medi...SG_3_Tick2.jpg

is it because the compressor minimum partial load is higher?, does indoor unit size affect the minimum btu the compressor can run at? anyway to find out which brand/model can go down to 0.2kw per hour, asked daikin and they have no idea.

if i set my fanspeed to super low and temp to 29C the consumption drops to 0.3kw per hour.
Old 20-05-2017, 03:44 PM   #9635

Hi,

In my opinion, you have the following options:
1. System 3 for all bedrooms
2. System 2 for one 8 hrs + one 2 hrs bedrooms and one single split for one 2 hrs to be installed at a later time when you really need it.
3. Single split for one 8 hrs + system 2 for two 2 hrs bedrooms to be installed at a later time when you really need it.

Note that options 2 and 3 would need you to have approval to install 2 power points.

Why option 2 and 3 may be better?
1. A 3-in-1 system would mean that warranty will start from day one, inclusive of your installation warranty which is likely to be one year only. As you seldom use the other 2 hrs rooms, you may not notice any installation defects within the short time of usage. Unlike the air conditioner product, installation quality has no QC and QA. You will need to be the QC and QA or it will be a hit and run issue.

2. A 3-in-1 system would mean that when one part fails, that is related to the 8 hrs room, you may have problem with the other rooms, making them non-usable.

3. As you seldom use the other 2 rooms, you can install an updated technology and model in future when you really need them for almost the same price.

4. Personally, I would prefer to have single split for each room if you can. But otherwise, the nearest will be combination of 2 condensers, giving options 2 and 3. This is because, StarMex single split MSY-GE10VA/MUY-GE10VA is 4 ticks, very close to the 5 ticks FJ series which is at the low side of 5 ticks in NEA COP (coefficient of Performance) rating. Meaning the FJ series is almost like a 4 ticks.

5. You may noticed that the size of the outdoor unit for single split, system 2 and 3 are of the same size. Meaning that the condenser coil in the single split is able to cool the gas faster and more efficient than system 2 as it support only one FCU. Similarly, system 2 will have better gas cooling than system 3. All this affects the performance and wear and tear (ie the life) of the compressors.

6. You may also noticed that the condenser capacity of 6 kW (in total) for each room (6/3 = 2) with system 3 does not equal to the each FCU (which is 2.5 kW). However system 2 is much closer with 4.8 kW (ie each room will get 4.8/2 = 2.4 kW) every close to the FCU 2.5 kW. This will then depends on how cold you set your temperature.

7. Having a 2 ticks system would mean that you will always be paying more for using the air conditioner. Looking at the energy label for a system 3, the 2 ticks will cost you $1060/year and the 5 ticks $620/year. This if I am not wrong this is based on a 30% usage. So a 5 ticks will save you $440/yr.

Whereas if you use a single split and a system 2 combination, your saving in comparison with the 2 ticks can be $1060/yr (2 ticks system 3) - {$274/yr (single split) + $489/yr (system 2) =$763} = $279/yr.

8. Most installation are now charged per FCU, so doing one room or two then one or one then two may not have much installation cost differences. Good to check with our seller.

9. However installing the systems at separate time may affect some addition conduit that would otherwise be grouped together into one where all to the piping and wiring meet.

The above are my opinion and hope that they are helpful.
StarMex single split MSY-GE10VA/MUY-GE10VA got a 4 tick rating because of the minimum btu, total cooling capacity minimum 1.1kw = 3.7k btu so the total power consumption will be less than 0.3kw per hour, while the same FCU MSY-GE10VA connected to the 4 tick MXY-4G28VA cannot go down to 3.7k btu even in the same room and temp / fan speed settings.

do you know whether sys3 sys4 outdoor unit have higher minimum btu or the only way is to look at the COP?

if the usage is for 1 bedroom, do I divide annual cost by 3 for sys3 and 4 for sys4 ?
Old 20-05-2017, 10:36 PM   #9636

3MKS50FSG has a lower max btu, compressor will take a longer time to run at part load or cut off when 3 units are on at the same time.
3MKS50 is suitable for families who do not use all the units at the same time most of the time.

why is the consumption higher when both sys3 have the same 3 9k btu indoor units?

http://www.daikin.com.sg/images/medi...SG_4_Tick2.jpg

http://www.daikin.com.sg/images/medi...SG_3_Tick2.jpg

is it because the compressor minimum partial load is higher?, does indoor unit size affect the minimum btu the compressor can run at? anyway to find out which brand/model can go down to 0.2kw per hour, asked daikin and they have no idea.

if i set my fanspeed to super low and temp to 29C the consumption drops to 0.3kw per hour.
Old 21-05-2017, 12:10 AM   #9637

Hello all Sifu,

Got a quote from Best Denki for Daikin Smile series 5 ticks System 4 aircon.

1 x MKS80QVMG
2 x CTKS25QVM (9000btu)
1 x CTKS35QVM (12000btu)
1 x CTKS60QVM (21000btu)

Was quoted $4530, including armaflex 1/2 inch pipe and all wires.

Is this a good deal?

And anyone use before Daikin 5 ticks system 4? any comments? thanks !
Old 21-05-2017, 09:15 AM   #9638

after reading for two hours..

basically it down to tim wong or cold engine..

any lao jiao can advice which one to engage?
Old 22-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #9639

Hi guys,
Need some advice.

Understand that it's probably better to buy from Daikin Pro Shop or Cold Engine/Air Connection for better workmanship and maybe better materials.

But if I only want to replace system 3 aircon but using back existing piping, does it matter if I go to Daikin Pro Shop/Cold Engine/Air Connection or other shops (eg. All Best, Gain City, Best Denki, etc) since I don't need their piping anyway?

Last edited by blurgal2701; 22-05-2017 at 11:11 AM..
Old 22-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #9640

Considering the materials are upgraded, quite reasonable or should i say market price.

Hello all Sifu,

Got a quote from Best Denki for Daikin Smile series 5 ticks System 4 aircon.

1 x MKS80QVMG
2 x CTKS25QVM (9000btu)
1 x CTKS35QVM (12000btu)
1 x CTKS60QVM (21000btu)

Was quoted $4530, including armaflex 1/2 inch pipe and all wires.

Is this a good deal?

And anyone use before Daikin 5 ticks system 4? any comments? thanks !
Old 22-05-2017, 03:03 PM   #9641

Workmanship also plays an important part, other then materials.

Hi guys,
Need some advice.

Understand that it's probably better to buy from Daikin Pro Shop or Cold Engine/Air Connection for better workmanship and maybe better materials.

But if I only want to replace system 3 aircon but using back existing piping, does it matter if I go to Daikin Pro Shop/Cold Engine/Air Connection or other shops (eg. All Best, Gain City, Best Denki, etc) since I don't need their piping anyway?
Old 22-05-2017, 04:59 PM   #9642

I just got a few quotations from a few companies for Daikin system 3 (using existing piping). Deciding between the 2 below which offers the lowest price.

Cold Engine quote $2,600 while Gain City will be around $2,700 (after credit card cash rebate).

Although Gain City is slightly more expensive but I'm thinking if it's better to get from them as they have an option to top up to get an extended 5 years warranty on labour and spare parts. Someone told me that Daikin spare parts can be quite expensive. Another thing is I can pay by credit card if I get from Gain City.
If I take Cold Engine, in the event when the fcu spoil after the 27mths warranty, I might have to spend more money to fix it.

Gain City pros -
1) option for extended warranty
2) credit card payment

Cold Engine pros -
1) slightly cheaper but may cost more if fcu spoil after 27 mths warranty
2) probably better workmanship but I will be using back existing piping.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Workmanship also plays an important part, other then materials.
Old 22-05-2017, 06:05 PM   #9643

So you mean that Cold engine dont accept credit card installment?

I just got a few quotations from a few companies for Daikin system 3 (using existing piping). Deciding between the 2 below which offers the lowest price.

Cold Engine quote $2,600 while Gain City will be around $2,700 (after credit card cash rebate).

Although Gain City is slightly more expensive but I'm thinking if it's better to get from them as they have an option to top up to get an extended 5 years warranty on labour and spare parts. Someone told me that Daikin spare parts can be quite expensive. Another thing is I can pay by credit card if I get from Gain City.
If I take Cold Engine, in the event when the fcu spoil after the 27mths warranty, I might have to spend more money to fix it.

Gain City pros -
2) credit card payment

Cold Engine pros -

Any advice?

Thanks.
Old 22-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #9644
Master Member

Gain City pros -
2) credit card payment

Cold Engine pros -

Any advice?

Thanks.
same situation here ......

btw daikin compressor not 5 years ?
if not wrong mit is 5 years

fcu is always 1 years
Old 22-05-2017, 08:18 PM   #9645

So you mean that Cold engine dont accept credit card installment?
Ya cash only.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.