HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2017, 05:34 PM   #9661
Master Member

can anyone tell me what BTU i need based on my floorplan?

mines a 3 room BTO with the red part of the bedroom hacked to convert into a bigger living. there will be no door at the kitchen. my hubby wants to turn on all the aircon at the same time and he wants the toilet to be cold as well (weird i know) meaning he doesnt want to close any door. we're thinking of having a 24K one at the dining area wall, and 10K at each bedroom. also, 2 compressors. one 24K the other 20K. would that work? most likely going for starmex. thanks guys!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #9662

1/4 inch thickness for drainage pipe is sufficient.

I just spoke to cool engine.

The lady said that 1/4 inch insulation for the drainage pipe is sufficient. It will cost S$250 to upgrade it to 1/2 inch insulation for the drainage pipe. Is it worth to upgrade it?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #9663

Lowest energy consumption will be Starmex 5 ticks.
There is a Daikin 4 ticks 3MKS50FSG if you use 2 units most of the time.

Hi guys...

Have been lurking around this thread but I have been struggling to decide on this quotation by Cold Engine. I just bought a resale flat and am contemplating on which of these 4 systems is the best:

Mitsubishi Starmex system 3 - $2850 (2 ticks)
MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x 3

Daikin inverter system 3 - $2950 (3 ticks)
3MKS71FSG/FTKS25DVMx 3

Mitsubishi New Starmex system 3 - $3400 (5 ticks)
MXY3G28/MSXYFJ10 x 3

Daikin smile series system 3 - $3350 (5 ticks)
MKS80QVMG/CTKS25QVM x 3

Can experts please advise on this?

I don mind paying a bit more for efficiency as I project I will be using the air con quite a bit. But I heard that 5 ticks uses a smaller compressor.

Easy to maintain, quietness and comfortability is key to me. Sometimes I might even off the aircon if the weather is cooling.

On the other hand, there will be one room which will be underutilized. only 2 rooms will be utilized. So what is the better option?

Some say Mitsubishi is better due to spare parts easy to find and install. Some say Daikin more durable. Read until quite sian already.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #9664

Can work but need additional power point & have to see if your ledge have space for 2 compressors.

can anyone tell me what BTU i need based on my floorplan?

mines a 3 room BTO with the red part of the bedroom hacked to convert into a bigger living. there will be no door at the kitchen. my hubby wants to turn on all the aircon at the same time and he wants the toilet to be cold as well (weird i know) meaning he doesnt want to close any door. we're thinking of having a 24K one at the dining area wall, and 10K at each bedroom. also, 2 compressors. one 24K the other 20K. would that work? most likely going for starmex. thanks guys!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-05-2017, 09:08 PM   #9665

try contact cold (not cool) engine, got free upgrade.
I typed wrongly. I contacted cold engine. they say that 1/4 inch for the drainage pipe is sufficient.

The free upgrade is only for the copper piping. Did anyone get free upgrade for the drainage pipe?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-05-2017, 10:57 PM   #9666

MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x 3

This is good enough and lasting. I installed this for my home 1-2 years back.
Can refer you to my ex boss (air-con co) if you want but I think may be slightly more expensive. Using 1/2" copper piping and insulation shouldnt need cost so more.

My boss contractor installed mitsubishi fujitsu daikin and he tells me the above system almost got no complaint case. Not advertising...just sharing.

Some $$ cannot save. Very important to find reliable contractor to do a proper job to prevent gas leakage...especially the insulation.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-05-2017, 11:21 PM   #9667
High Supremacy Member

MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x 3

This is good enough and lasting. I installed this for my home 1-2 years back.
Can refer you to my ex boss (air-con co) if you want but I think may be slightly more expensive. Using 1/2" copper piping and insulation shouldnt need cost so more.

My boss contractor installed mitsubishi fujitsu daikin and he tells me the above system almost got no complaint case. Not advertising...just sharing.

Some $$ cannot save. Very important to find reliable contractor to do a proper job to prevent gas leakage...especially the insulation.
Nice! I am thinking of this one. But I am wondering about the cost of energy consumption since it is only 2 ticks.

Yup but is Cold Engine reputable? Was comparing between GC and this.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-05-2017, 11:22 PM   #9668
High Supremacy Member

Lowest energy consumption will be Starmex 5 ticks.
There is a Daikin 4 ticks 3MKS50FSG if you use 2 units most of the time.
Thanks!

But I decided to go for this:

MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x 3
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-05-2017, 11:26 PM   #9669

Hi,

Cold Engine quoted $2750 for Daikin inverter system 3 (4 ticks) 3MKS50FSG/FTKS25DVM x 3

Chanced upon Mitsubishi Starmex system 3 (2 ticks)
MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x 3 but had not contacted for pricing yet.

I'll only on the air-con about 3-4 times/week, may I know which should I go for and why?

Thanks!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #9670

Same dilemma as you and after research I am going to go for the Daikin 3 ticks. 5 ticks will take too long to recoup the premium paid for our low-mid usage.

I read that the Starmex had some QC issues recently (of course this one is based on luck) and the fact that Daikin has an extended warranty promo on the FCU pushed me over to their camp.

Hi guys...

Have been lurking around this thread but I have been struggling to decide on this quotation by Cold Engine. I just bought a resale flat and am contemplating on which of these 4 systems is the best:

MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x 3

Daikin inverter system 3 - $2950 (3 ticks)
3MKS71FSG/FTKS25DVMx 3

Mitsubishi New Starmex system 3 - $3400 (5 ticks)
MXY3G28/MSXYFJ10 x 3

Daikin smile series system 3 - $3350 (5 ticks)
MKS80QVMG/CTKS25QVM x 3

Can experts please advise on this?

I don mind paying a bit more for efficiency as I project I will be using the air con quite a bit. But I heard that 5 ticks uses a smaller compressor.

Easy to maintain, quietness and comfortability is key to me. Sometimes I might even off the aircon if the weather is cooling.

On the other hand, there will be one room which will be underutilized. only 2 rooms will be utilized. So what is the better option?

Some say Mitsubishi is better due to spare parts easy to find and install. Some say Daikin more durable. Read until quite sian already.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 05:56 PM   #9671
High Supremacy Member

Same dilemma as you and after research I am going to go for the Daikin 3 ticks. 5 ticks will take too long to recoup the premium paid for our low-mid usage.

I read that the Starmex had some QC issues recently (of course this one is based on luck) and the fact that Daikin has an extended warranty promo on the FCU pushed me over to their camp.
Oh man...

So Starmex now has QC problems?

Jialat liao... Should I change to Daikin?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #9672

Which brand is more reliable? Cos most of us will not like to change aircon every now and then.
So, i think reliability is very important.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 11:13 PM   #9673
Supremacy Member

planning for my 4 room now.

been getting mix advise because my LR i plan to put one, so i am looking at a system 4 (3 BR & 1 LR).

One concern i have is that my kitchen wall will be hacked away, so the space itself becomes alot bigger.

By using a system 4, i scare it wun be cold enough when i turn on the LR one. However, i foresee it being used only on big occasions where there is a party or gathering in the house which is few times a year. So it doesn't make sense to have 2 units in the LR.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-05-2017, 08:59 AM   #9674
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Oh man...

So Starmex now has QC problems?

Jialat liao... Should I change to Daikin?
maybe referring to the newer 5 ticks model...

the 2 ticks model is very reliable... previously 4 ticks but downgraded to 2 ticks due to new regulation.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #9675

maybe referring to the newer 5 ticks model...

the 2 ticks model is very reliable... previously 4 ticks but downgraded to 2 ticks due to new regulation.
Me also went for starmex 2 ticks. Low usage though. Should suffice.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.